Tourist visa for 60 days

Hi I am coming to Thailand next month for 60 days . The new system for getting a 60 visa in england has got difficult . Can I renew my 30 day visa at Thai immigration and what are there new requirements . It was 1900 baht + photo + proof of money . Is it still the same .

If you do not have a lot of visits to Thailand this year, then you would be able to enter on visa expemt 30 day with no problem. Just see to that you can show 20k baht and have a ticket out within 30 days that can be rebooked after your extension.

Yes you can extend for another 30 days at an Immigration office for 1900 baht 

• Like 1

If you do not have a lot of visits to Thailand this year, then you would be able to enter on visa expemt 30 day with no problem. Just see to that you can show 20k baht and have a ticket out within 30 days that can be rebooked after your extension.

Yes you can extend for another 30 days at an Immigration office for 1900 baht 
I came to Thailand in mid July on a three month non O volunteer visa. After not getting a work permit I could not extend it, so I did a border trip for a 30 day visa exempt. Am I now able to go to Immigration to extend for another 30 days for 1900 Baht?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

@David Foster Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say Thai tourist visa is more difficult?   Which consulate did you attempt?  And what exactly did they ask for?

9 minutes ago, dzodun said:

I came to Thailand in mid July on a three month non O volunteer visa. After not getting a work permit I could not extend it, so I did a border trip for a 30 day visa exempt. Am I now able to go to Immigration to extend for another 30 days for 1900 Baht?

Depends on what your passport country is.  But if you did get a VE, you should be able to get extension on it.  All extensions of stay cost 1900 baht (officially).

37 minutes ago, dzodun said:

The 30-day extension of your visa exempt entry will be no problem. You need to start planning what you will do longer term if you wish to spend a lot of time in Thailand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dzodun said:

Yes, you can. After that it might start to be hard for you to get any more exempt entries or tourist visas to Thailand this years, though.

• Like 1

Yes, you can. After that it might start to be hard for you to get any more exempt entries or tourist visas to Thailand this years, though.
So if I want to stay in Thailand for another four or five months, would it be better to go to Savannakhet and apply for a 2 month tourist visa, which would carry me over to next year, then do another visa exempt, followed by a 30 day extension for 1900 baht at Immigration. That would give me 4 months, taking me to early March of 2020?
Thanks for your help. ( I am from the U.S.).

20 minutes ago, dzodun said:

So if I want to stay in Thailand for another four or five months, would it be better to go to Savannakhet and apply for a 2 month tourist visa, which would carry me over to next year, then do another visa exempt, followed by a 30 day extension for 1900 baht at Immigration. That would give me 4 months, taking me to early March of 2020?

i think you will be lucky to stay another 5 months on top of the 4 months you have already stayed here, but you could be lucky

Edited by steve187

10 hours ago, dzodun said:

As mentioned by other posters, extension of your stay with 30 days should be no problem.

However be aware that some provincial Immigration Offices also require that a current TM30 has been filed when you apply for an extension of stay.  If you stay at an Hotel which asked for your Passport, the Hotel will have done it for you.  But if you stay at a friend or in the house of your girlfriend or rent a condo, the owner of the place where you are staying should file a TM30 of you staying there.  If that proves too much hassle, you could simply check into a Hotel the night before doing your application for extension of stay at the provincial IO as they do not look at your history but only check if a current TM30 is on file.  
Note: As there are tough and easy-going IO's you could post a new thread mentioning the provincial IO where you intend to do your application, and ask TVF members whether they enforce TM30 at that office or not.

You don't meet the generally accepted description of a tourist if you're staying here for 7 or 8 months.  Is there any reason you don't get an appropriate visa for your purposes?

16 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

Do not forget the TM30 registration if not staying at a hotel.

And again the outrageous obsession with the TM30 issue? Slow day, nothing to do I guess.

This thread was about the OP and his possibilities to enter Thailand in different ways.

I can see it very hard for you to be able to even obtain another tourist visa this year, based on your previous stay. Sure, you might be lucky so you can always try.

May I asked what your reason to stay as long as you do in Thailand? That might give a better possibility to recommend something, but might be hard anyway depending on your reason and alla the regulations in place. You can PM me about it if you do not want to boost it out in the forum.

Next year would be another thing for you, as you would be able to start over with a new year. However, they might look bad upon that too. ???? 

9 minutes ago, treetops said:

You don't meet the generally accepted description of a tourist if you're staying here for 7 or 8 months.  Is there any reason you don't get an appropriate visa for your purposes?

That question is outdated. Of course there is a reason, and that is:

The OP is not 50 and/or not have the money to apply for a retirement visa
The OP is not married and can therefore not apply for a Non-O based on that.

The OP has no children to base a long stay visa on.
The OP has no work or business in Thailand for getting by on a Non-B visa.

Here there is always ED-visa, but as it is the unwritten rules are already broken and can not be fixed by turning to that kind of visa.

29 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

And again the outrageous obsession with the TM30 issue? Slow day, nothing to do I guess.

This thread was about the OP and his possibilities to enter Thailand in different ways.

It's also about the TM30 given he intends extending his visa exempt so perhaps you should slow down criticising.

16 hours ago, David Foster said:

Can I renew my 30 day visa at Thai immigration and what are there new requirements .

And if you want to get pedantic you might also think about refraining the criticism when you yourself are not immune to handing out incorrect information. 

16 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Just see to that you can show 20k baht and have a ticket out within 30 days that can be rebooked after your extension.

10K Bht for a single person on a 30 day exempt.

• Thanks 1

The check-in <deleted> at your airport of departure may give you grief or even stop you boarding if you do not have a visa and your trip is over 30 days.

If you get over that hurdle, you can extend your 30 day visa-exempt entry by 30 days.

However, it is cheaper to get a Tourist Visa in the UK and doing so will negate the possible check-in and TM30 issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

That question is outdated. Of course there is a reason, and that is:

The OP is not 50 and/or not have the money to apply for a retirement visa
The OP is not married and can therefore not apply for a Non-O based on that.

The OP has no children to base a long stay visa on.
The OP has no work or business in Thailand for getting by on a Non-B visa.

Here there is always ED-visa, but as it is the unwritten rules are already broken and can not be fixed by turning to that kind of visa.

The question is valid as he/she does not meet the generally accepted description of a tourist and has not indicated if all/any of the other routes are possible or not.

• Haha 1

The reason I came in July on a volunteer non-O visa was to carry out the duties of the director of an orphanage foundation whose farang director was deathly ill and being treated at a VA hospital in the U.S. He has since passed away but the foundation still exists to fulfill certain outreach services it has performed over the years, though we currently do not have any orphans. An English speaker with some knowledge of the foundation and it's mission is needed. I have visited and supported the orphanage for nearly five years so I am familiar with the situation. I also have the necessary educational background and training to qualify as its temporary director while the future is being sorted out. After three months a volunteer visa may be continued up to one year with a work permit, but that can be difficult to obtain, especially when the board of directors is spread about and the new director is still in America.
It is true that I do not have a Thai wife nor the income to qualify for a retirement visa, so I must try other ways to fulfill this need until the orphanage future is decided and put back on track. It does seem that the local Immigration Officers seem to know little about the volunteer non-O visa, and talk of certain income requirements, that are not in the law as far as I can ascertain. Any insights or advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

It's also about the TM30 given he intends extending his visa exempt so perhaps you should slow down criticising.

And if you want to get pedantic you might also think about refraining the criticism when you yourself are not immune to handing out incorrect information. 

10K Bht for a single person on a 30 day exempt.

Yeah, I know that. Better to have 20k anyway, due to that you do not know what the IO will ask for.

So, perhaps you should give you expert knowledge and concentrate on the topic, instead of concentrate on me. 

• Sad 1

Have never claimed to be an expert ... which is why I recognise others that aren't either. But good to see you are in the "when pulled up on incorrect information I'll try and deflect and spin" as are so many other <deleted> on this forum.

1 hour ago, The Fat Controller said:

The check-in <deleted> at your airport of departure may give you grief or even stop you boarding if you do not have a visa and your trip is over 30 days.

If you get over that hurdle, you can extend your 30 day visa-exempt entry by 30 days.

However, it is cheaper to get a Tourist Visa in the UK and doing so will negate the possible check-in and TM30 issues.

Yep was about to add likewise. OP you wont get past check in if you're ticketed for longer than 30 days with no proof of onward exit. I've documented several times on Thaivisa my experience at Emirates as far back as 2005 when trying to do so. I had to go to head of station to get special dispensation to travel at Gatwick that day.

Multiple time since I've been asked at check in have I got visas (when ticketed longer than 30 days) as passports have been pretty full as always and not obvious to see entries immediately. Try it at your peril

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

Have never claimed to be an expert ... which is why I recognise others that aren't either. But good to see you are in the "when pulled up on incorrect information I'll try and deflect and spin" as are so many other <deleted> on this forum.

Still better to have 20k if they would ask for that, and I explained that too you. Why I wrote 20k instead of 10k.

Just one question. If you dislike this forum soo much, why are you here reading and writing?