Trump hails death of 'depraved' Islamic State leader Baghdadi in U.S. raid

webfact

22 hours ago, riclag said:

Apparently its ok, to have movies and documentaries  on bin laden capture with full descriptions from soup to nuts !  

How many movies and documentaries came out hours after the bin Laden raid, while captured terrorists were still being interrogated?  How many operational details were released by POTUS?

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 10:43 PM, zhounan said:

Still don't you understand that ISIS is a puppet created by USA deep state, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Qatar and Turkey?
All the "guerrillas" have been trained by these countries. 
Al Baghdadi is an affiliate of the Ur Lodge Hathor Penthalpa and there are numerous photos of him along with John McCaine.
Al Baghdadi has simply been retired, perhaps to Miami lol

Is that satire, or are you a conspiracy theorist troll?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Long ago when I was a child I knew it was the oil. My parents knew, the country and all the world new, the British knew because they set up Iran's oil industry before WWII. The Russians knew because they compete with the Middle East. Japan and China knew because they need it. The oil has always been there to maintain a stable world economy. We all knew and we all knew that we all knew.

And then came some lefty and said, IT'S THE OIL! hairraising.gif.234e62a08b3b8db78bc0ce6cbcee4823.gif

"The oil is, you know, so valuable, for many reasons, Trump told reporters. It fueled ISIS, number one. Number two, it helps the Kurds, because it's basically been taken away from the Kurds. They were able to live with that oil. And number three, it can help us, because we should be able to take some also, and what I intend to do, perhaps, is make a deal with an ExxonMobil or one of our great companies to go in there and do it properly. ….”

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Seizing territory and resources is a war crime.  I suppose that doesn't matter to Trump's base.

BTW, the Kurds have lost hundreds of times the lives that we have lost fighting in Syria.  With that in mind, shouldn't the oil fields go to them?

"When Defense Secretary Esper and Gen. Milley talked to reporters on Monday, CNN’s Barbara Starr asked them directly if part of the mission of the troops around the Conoco oil and gas fields was to protect them from Russian and Syrian forces. Both the secretary and the general tried to avoid answering, but finally Esper said, “The short answer is yes.” The rationale: to protect the Kurds’ source of income to keep ISIS prisons running. "

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-trump-saving-those-syrian-oil-fields-for-the-russians?ref=home

• Thanks 2

"A key informant who helped lead US special forces to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi provided key information about the Isis leader's safe house in Syria and even produced his soiled underwear for DNA testing. The unidentified informant, an undercover security advisor to Baghdadi, was also on hand at the compound in Idlib, northwest Syria, when US Special Ops forces raided the safe house to confront the terrorist leader."

The informant who led the US to Baghdadi, said General Mazloum Abdi of the Syrian Democratic Forces, described a room-by-room layout of the terror leader's compound on the Turkish border, including the number of guards, floor plan and tunnels

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 6:53 AM, shy coconut said:

Good news, although sad that three of his children were the last of his victims.

It is odd that trump described both the American special forces and the target as dogs.

Why ?? Do you really think his children would be any different to him ? Get rid of the whole family !

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Overall in most things they are doing (or did) Trump acts quickly and gets the job done.  Obama was slow and cautious and over diplomatic - and he didnt get a lot done.  Look how Trump dealt with ISIS - he just shut down the media 'overwatch' and then bombed them - that is how you destroy something like ISIS - under Obama they would have taken over Turkey by now (unless Russia had decided to take their own actions up a notch). 

So much lack of knowldedge on display in your post that it would take too much time to deal with it all. So let's just address this particular piece of nonsense quoted above.

By the end of Obama's term Isis had lost most the territory it held in Iraq.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Civil_War_(2014–2017)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

"The rest of the world" have always denounced the US for thinking that they have the right to be the world's police force. Nobody asked you to do the job, nobody wanted you to do the job. And you only wanted the job to control the oil.

No, you're wrong. The rest of the world has been coming to the US to be the world's police force for too long. And the US has obliged them for too long. But since you think that is the case, I'm sure you're thrilled the US is pulling troops out of Syria.

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

No, you're wrong. The rest of the world has been coming to the US to be the world's police force for too long. And the US has obliged them for too long. But since you think that is the case, I'm sure you're thrilled the US is pulling troops out of Syria.

No you are wrong. The rest of the world has been telling the US to wind it's neck in for too long. And the US has been ignoring them for too long.

When the US was the primary occupyingg force in Syria, ISIS grew in numbers and increased the area it controlled. It wasn't until Russia stepped in that ISIS went into retreat. Of course, good old US of A tried to take the credit for what was essentially a Russian victory. I expect the Russians and Iranians to fill the gap that US has left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

No you are wrong. The rest of the world has been telling the US to wind it's neck in for too long. And the US has been ignoring them for too long.

When the US was the primary occupyingg force in Syria, ISIS grew in numbers and increased the area it controlled. It wasn't until Russia stepped in that ISIS went into retreat. Of course, good old US of A tried to take the credit for what was essentially a Russian victory. I expect the Russians and Iranians to fill the gap that US has left.

At least we can agree the US should have never been involved in Syria to begin with. And yes it's true, it wasn't until Russia got involved that ISIS was on the run. Thanks for reminding me how happy I am we are getting out of there. But I'm sure England and other countries have stepped in demanding they pick up the slack left behind, yes?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

At least we can agree the US should have never been involved in Syria to begin with. And yes it's true, it wasn't until Russia got involved that ISIS was on the run. Thanks for reminding me how happy I am we are getting out of there. But I'm sure England and other countries have stepped in demanding they pick up the slack left behind, yes?

NO. Why would they? GB doesn't see itself as the World policeman. As you said, US should never have been there in the first place.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bristolboy said:

Except that "we" are not getting out of there. Trump is sending troops back in to protect the oil. It's actually a ridiculous notion but neocon Senators and military men have played on Trump's massive ignorance to get US troops back in there.

Yep, that's yet another disappointment I have with Trump. We should have gotten out of Syria on day one.

54 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Except that "we" are not getting out of there. Trump is sending troops back in to protect the oil. It's actually a ridiculous notion but neocon Senators and military men have played on Trump's massive ignorance to get US troops back in there.

So Trump was right then. You should support him better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1