Hua-Hin first time 1 year extension

So you did one year extension based on retirement with 800k+ in the bank?

And they still came for a house visit and take pictures?

What visa type did you have when last entering the country? Ordinary Non-O?

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I thought they only come to the house when it's an extension based on marriage.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

it was marriage sorry,but it still was quick they came the same day just 1 lady from the immigration ^^

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Falcon said:

So now you just have to wait the 30 days to get the actual full extension. Did they use the fingerprint scanner this time? Saw it last time we went there but wasn’t yet in use, this was a couple of months back.

not fingerprints taken, they got the readers but it was not used, like i said i was in and out in 20 minutes for the first non o marriage extension ever, 2 hours later the old lady came took 3 pics  and gone..

Edited by kralledr
  • Like 2

Those with all correct don't have problem at all. Those with a big mouth and no correct documents also have no problem, they just make the problems themselves with they big mouth.

And yes, even with an extension, based on 800K or income and not being married, Immi can give 1 month under consideration and make a home visit, just to verify you are really living on the address you have been using.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

Did my extention at Hua Hin Immigration a few months ago.

Had all the required documents prepared before arrival.

Arrived at 8.30 am, out at 8.55 am.

Once again, great service from Hua Hin Immigration.

I can beat that, went into Hua Hin immigration to do my retirement extension in september and left with it all done in under 10 minutes!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fpexpert said:

I can beat that, went into Hua Hin immigration to do my retirement extension in september and left with it all done in under 10 minutes!!

Admit this is tong in cheek (please agent haters dont get your panties twisted i use  because it suits me )

i went to bank had my photo graph taken and collected my passport an hour or so later from a coffee shop (visit not required this time)

I use a different system to you but still efficient

Also done my extension of stay based on marriage at HH for the 3rd time recently. In and out within 1/2 an hour. Only changes from last year was a few extra photos and they insisted on my witness being at immigration with us this time (called to check on the requirements 1 week in advance), when then last couple of years all I needed was a copy of the witnesses ID card and blue book.

Never had an immigration visit before but this year I was told we would have one over the coming weekend which we did. A young woman turned up with her husband and daughter eventually after delaying her arrival several times over the phone with my wife. I was quite surprised to find out they wanted to take the same photos again (with the immigration officer included this time) as what we had submitted with our application. I thought that was a bit odd that they felt they had the right to enter my home. A bit of an invasion of privacy really. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, kralledr said:

That was so easy, i not understand why a lot of people say is hard or even use an agent, went there today 13h00, in and out in 20 minutes, immigration came 2 hours later, made only 3 pictures and gone...

It's because you're in Hua-Hin... at CW in Bangkok, sometimes it takes the whole day at IM and for marriage extensions it takes 2 trips to IM, whereas using an agent, you're in & out, no waiting, then the agent goes back for the 2nd trip for final stamp. And, for those who live in small towns, sometimes they have to drive several hours just to get to an IM office, so it's much easier and more convenient to use an agent. It's not hard to understand when you actually think about it... And, for others who have more money than they can ever spend, they choose to use agents just for the convenience... There's no right or wrong, it's a personal choice. To each his own...

Edited by BertM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Good question.

if it's a marriage visa ---- there are no problems!!! as you are married to a Thai citizen; should any criminal acts occur; they will look for you on your address -if you are no longer there then they will go to your spouse!!!! unlike retirement there is no one to go to if you did a criminal act!!! once renewing my marriage visa I had to get a letter from the school my son was studying to say he was studying there!!! Apart from the pics of my whole 2 bed condo!!! I got mad that I took a pic of the bed I use for sex!!!   I was married once but now on a retirement visa!!! 

19 hours ago, kralledr said:

That was so easy, i not understand why a lot of people say is hard or even use an agent, went there today 13h00, in and out in 20 minutes, immigration came 2 hours later, made only 3 pictures and gone...

Thats because hua  Hin are  pretty darn good at their  job most of the time unlike some other  offices....its as  simple as that, youre  lucky you used Hua Hin

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You should not have to be reporting in the first place, you are not a criminal.

Also, how long do some expats have to travel to their "local" IM?

Yes you can post, but not all IOs accept 90 reports that way.

Must agree. Had our own governments suffered from the same suspicious persecution syndrome of people who have already confirmed legal visas and are in the countries where we come from, the countries would have been labeled hyper nationalistic and discriminating.

On 10/29/2019 at 11:58 AM, possum1931 said:

That's probably because they are looking for something, but cannot think of anything they would need to look for.

In my case, they had a look at the photos on the wall inside the living room showing my kids. I could not present them alive and kicking, as they were to school.

• Haha 1