All airports to stay amid woes of over-capacity

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Two contradictory government statements today. One about airport closures the other about the impact of US trade penalties.

The Prayut government rabble is in total confusion. No one knows what the other person is doing or saying.

This Transport Minister, (a Chidchob ???? is a bit of a loose cannon. But no doubt his detractors are also a bit inclined to recoil all over the artillery range, if not securely tied down.

I have been very unreliably informed that certain groups are maliciously engaged in deliberate misinformation. I'll just pass that onto you for what it isn't worth.

Edited by Mexlark
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mexlark said:

This Transport Minister, (a Chidchob ???? is a bit of a loose cannon. But no doubt his detractors are also a bit inclined to recoil all over the artillery range, if not securely tied down.

I have been very unreliably informed that certain groups are maliciously engaged in deliberate misinformation. I'll just pass that onto you for what it isn't worth.

What do these groups hope to gain? Real estate?

Now what were they doing just last year?! New Chiang Mai airport, based of course on projected increase's in travel and TOURISM. 

AOT has approved a 60 billion baht budget for a new Chiang Mai airport, to be built in Lamphun.

Maybe you want to rethink this one too.   :thumbsup:

It is now pretty difficult to get a job as a pilot in Thailand because there is just nowhere to park new planes should Thai carriers want to expand their fleets. Therefore, there is reduced demand for pilots. As had been mentioned above, airports are operating well above their capacities, and that includes the facility to park planes as well as accommodate increasing passenger numbers.

1 hour ago, MartinKal said:

What do these groups hope to gain? Real estate?

As they lack in transparency, it would be very difficult to say. I tend to think of it as the figment of over-indoctrinated minds; both of those who might benefit from supporting a certain has-been, AND those who feel that would usurp their current conformist benefits.

I know of one couple who ended up most disgruntled that their fellow locals sent them to Coventry because they suddenly acquired a new rice mill in a remote province. The couple couldn't really figure out what all the fuss was about. The locals couldn't really figure out that they might have swallowed a fibber. And as a pretty vacant alien, I doubt I will ever really figure out either.

o·ver·ca·pac·i·ty
/ˌōvərkəˈpasədē/
noun
noun: over-capacity
  1. the situation in which an industry or factory cannot sell as much as it can produce.
    "margins were squeezed by overcapacity in the market"

The Whole HEADLINE is WRONG !!!!

"Over Capacity"... Means More Room than passengers...
What they want to say is the Opposite >> "UNDER Capacity"...
Which means More Passengers than room !!!