Democrats set Thursday vote on U.S. House path in Trump impeachment probe

webfact

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Except he's not. There have been posters on this very forum that have attacked him personally, merely for being born of Trump.

That is beyond the pale.

Don't expect me to look up those quotes, as they were long ago and I don't remember the specific posters.

And don't expect us to find any quotes of your criticizing Trump, because if they exist, "they were long ago."

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Except he's not. There have been posters on this very forum that have attacked him personally, merely for being born of Trump.

That is beyond the pale.

Don't expect me to look up those quotes, as they were long ago and I don't remember the specific posters.

I have been on this forum for literally years and I have never seen a single post attacking Barron so either produce the quotes or choose another subject for your pretend moral indignation.

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I have been on this forum for literally years and I have never seen a single post attacking Barron so either produce the quotes or choose another subject for your pretend moral indignation.

Barron is off limits. As repugnant as I find the party-before-country Republicans, they never NEVER NEVER attacked Obama's daughters (at least not from anything I ever saw). Michelle, yes, but she accepted her role as First Lady as does Melanie [sic], and BOTH those women have had cheap shots taken at them. Don Jr. and Eric? They've VOLUNTEERED to be targets, so fire at will.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That is beyond the pale.

I don't recall anyone ever attacking Barron Trump.  But the other kids are putting themselves out there and absolutely need to be held to account. Ivanka and Jared are official advisors to the President while Don Jr. and Eric are constantly on TV attacking the Dems and spouting conspiracy theories.  Don Jr. recently tweeted the name of the alleged whistleblower.  And the guy just wrote a book, so he's definitely trying to profit off of daddy.  So your comments are just nonsense....or should I say, typical Trump propaganda.    

As has been explained, the impeachment process is nothing more than a coup attempt.  The lawyer for "he who cannot be named," the whistleblower, has defended his own remarks in 2017 calling it a coup.  The coup attempt actually started the minute Trump was elected and continues to this day.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/whistleblowers-lawyer-reiterates-coup-against-president-trump-began-the-week-he-took-office

57 minutes ago, ExpatOK said:

As has been explained, the impeachment process is nothing more than a coup attempt.  The lawyer for "he who cannot be named," the whistleblower, has defended his own remarks in 2017 calling it a coup.  The coup attempt actually started the minute Trump was elected and continues to this day.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/whistleblowers-lawyer-reiterates-coup-against-president-trump-began-the-week-he-took-office

OK stuff was explained to you and you didn’t understand it. 

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Personally i think they are going too fast. They should challenge the subpoena deniers in court to make them give evidence. This would bring it closer to election to hurt trump.

IMO every day this farce plays out irritates more and more people, making Trump MORE likely to be re elected than if they just campaigned on his failings. 

However, we can't both be right, so we'll find out after the election, won't we?

It irritates Trump’s base, we get that.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, stevenl said:

You do realise that that kind of name calling makes one look extremely unintelligent.

Haha. About using Trump's reference to Adam Schiff, right? Well, I will have you know that "I'm a very stable genius." I think you're fake news! ????????????

23 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

They are the least of my considerations when looking at the many, many criminal activities of Trump and lets not forget that Donald Trump Jr, Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump were also directors of the Trump Foundation which has now been proven to have defrauded Army Emergency Relief, Children's Aid Society, City Meals-on-Wheels, Give an Hour, Martha's Table, United Negro College Fund, United Way of Capital Area and the US Holocaust Memorial Museum.  

AND "Trump just got fined $2 million dollars and has been banned forever from running a charity for stealing money from kids with cancer. Part of that court decision was he HAD to admit guilt".

I find the above post and quote absolutely disgusting. That this POS has stolen from all of the above charities and organisations makes him a figure that should be loathed and despised and he should be locked up now. This esp as he admitted he was guilty!!!

Yet the supporters of this crook remain very "vocal" about the support they have for him.........perhaps time for a look in the mirror to see what the reflections portray. 

Post in oversized font etc has been removed along with a response quoting it.

DO NOT simply cut n paste articles from other sources if they are in the incorrect format. Also please remember the "fair use" criteria of a few lines and link to the original article NOT copied paragraphs.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:29 PM, Sujo said:

Well if trump follows nixon by resigning im sure the impeachment process will stop.

There is no reason for Trump to reason. He has done nothing wrong. With Nixon, the process was bipartisan, like what Nancy Pelosi said this would be, but isn't.  Nixon had no support so he resigned. This "impeachment inquiry" is divisive.  No Republicans voted for it and two Democrats voted against it. 

And of course the reason Nancy did not go bipartisan is because there's nothing there.  This is just another part of the smear campaign against Trump because that's all the Dem's have.

Trump will not resign, will not be removed from office, and will be reelected in 2020.  As Nancy Pelosi once said, "You can take that to the bank."

20 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

There is no reason for Trump to reason. He has done nothing wrong. With Nixon, the process was bipartisan, like what Nancy Pelosi said this would be, but isn't.  Nixon had no support so he resigned. This "impeachment inquiry" is divisive.  No Republicans voted for it and two Democrats voted against it. 

Wrong.

You know, you could look this stuff up for yourself:

It Took A Long Time For Republicans To Abandon Nixon

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/it-took-a-long-time-for-republicans-to-abandon-nixon/

Just now, bristolboy said:

Wrong.

You know, you could look this stuff up for yourself:

It Took A Long Time For Republicans To Abandon Nixon

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/it-took-a-long-time-for-republicans-to-abandon-nixon/

I wouldn't waste too much time on that guy. If Trump supporters were REALLY interested in the truth then they wouldn't be Trump supporters in the first place.

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

I love trump supporters arguing against themselves, The above statement shows that Democrats were  bipartisan and Republicans were not. As you said, democrats crossed the aisle to but not one republican did.

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

Trump will not resign, will not be removed from office, and will be reelected in 2020.  As Nancy Pelosi once said, "You can take that to the bank."

Pelosi said that in response to trump's inevitable re-election ??????

I don't know how many recall the right wing talking point that Lutsenko, the prosecutor previous to the present one, said in an interview with John Solomon of The Hill that he planned to conduct an investigation of Ukrainian interference in the 2016 elections and that he also had information that he wanted to present to the Dept. of Justice about the Bidens. I think we now have our explanation for that:

Giuliani Associates Urged Ukraine’s Prior President to Open Biden, Election Probes

Months before President Trump pressed Ukraine’s newly installed leader to investigate Joe Biden’s son and allegations of interference in the 2016 U.S. election, two associates of Rudy Giuliani urged the prior Ukrainian president to announce similar probes in exchange for a state visit to Washington, according to people familiar with the matter.

A late February meeting in Kyiv between Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman and then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko took place at the offices of Ukrainian general prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko, the people said. It came soon after Messrs. Parnas and Fruman met with Mr. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, and Mr. Lutsenko in New York in late January and again in Warsaw in mid-February, Mr. Giuliani has said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/giuliani-associates-urged-ukraines-prior-president-to-open-biden-election-probes-11573247707?mod=hp_lead_pos2

Among the lessons to be learned from this is that John Solomon plays dirty and dishonest. He should be right at home at Fox News.

4 hours ago, Kelsall said:

And of course the reason Nancy did not go bipartisan is because there's nothing there.  This is just another part of the smear campaign against Trump because that's all the Dem's have.

You got the first sentence correct:

"There is no reason for Trump to reason."

Trump didn't get where he is by thinking, so why start now?

16 hours ago, bristolboy said:

I don't know how many recall the right wing talking point that Lutsenko, the prosecutor previous to the present one, said in an interview with John Solomon of The Hill that he planned to conduct an investigation of Ukrainian interference in the 2016 elections and that he also had information that he wanted to present to the Dept. of Justice about the Bidens. I think we now have our explanation for that:

Giuliani Associates Urged Ukraine’s Prior President to Open Biden, Election Probes

Months before President Trump pressed Ukraine’s newly installed leader to investigate Joe Biden’s son and allegations of interference in the 2016 U.S. election, two associates of Rudy Giuliani urged the prior Ukrainian president to announce similar probes in exchange for a state visit to Washington, according to people familiar with the matter.

A late February meeting in Kyiv between Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman and then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko took place at the offices of Ukrainian general prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko, the people said. It came soon after Messrs. Parnas and Fruman met with Mr. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, and Mr. Lutsenko in New York in late January and again in Warsaw in mid-February, Mr. Giuliani has said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/giuliani-associates-urged-ukraines-prior-presidnvient-to-open-biden-election-probes-11573247707?mod=hp_lead_pos2

Among the lessons to be learned from this is that John Solomon plays dirty and dishonest. He should be right at home at Fox News.

Here more about the wonderful associates from Trump's lawyer:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/giuliani-associates-debts-lawsuits-and-a-high-interest-loan-preceded-associates-rise/ar-BBWvIoz?ocid=spartandhp

He does know how to pick them one convicted already, other one under investigation.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:24 AM, metisdead said:

Posts containing unsubstantiated information have been removed as well as the replies.  If you are unable to post a link to substantiate your information, don't bother posting. 

Edit: Some posts not related to this impeachment probe have been removed. 

Another post containing unsubstantiated information has been removed.  If you are unable to post a link to substantiate your information, don't bother posting. 

On 11/9/2019 at 2:25 PM, xylophone said:

AND "Trump just got fined $2 million dollars and has been banned forever from running a charity for stealing money from kids with cancer. Part of that court decision was he HAD to admit guilt".

I find the above post and quote absolutely disgusting. That this POS has stolen from all of the above charities and organisations makes him a figure that should be loathed and despised and he should be locked up now. This esp as he admitted he was guilty!!!

Yet the supporters of this crook remain very "vocal" about the support they have for him.........perhaps time for a look in the mirror to see what the reflections portray. 

Not sure if you meant to use my quote but my post actually agrees with you. Did you quote the wrong person?

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not sure if you meant to use my quote but my post actually agrees with you. Did you quote the wrong person?

I think he was just saying you are correct but he thinks trump is worse than u do.

Thats how i read it anyway.

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Sorry about that JB.........wanted to use both quotes but yours kept "disappearing" and it was the only way I could get your great words in my post (copying and pasting).????

PS. I use Dragon Naturally Speaking voice recognition and occasionally it causes strange things to happen.......then again, it could be me!

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Sorry about that JB.........wanted to use both quotes but yours kept "disappearing" and it was the only way I could get your great words in my post (copying and pasting).????

PS. I use Dragon Naturally Speaking voice recognition and occasionally it causes strange things to happen.......then again, it could be me!

My fault. I read “I find the above post and quote absolutely disgusting“ thinking you were talking about my post.

I misinterpreted. On the plus side I now know what it’s really like to be a Trumper. 

On 11/8/2019 at 7:53 PM, ExpatOK said:

Your posts are stupidly suspicious. Now let me think who else on this site is trying to push the “coup” story. Oh yes, that’ll be every other FoxNews loving Trump supporter on here trying to push their pearls of wisdom on us slow witted liberals.  

19 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Whilst I have got your attention JB, and referring to the quote of yours which I mistakenly posted, I would like to ask you a question as you seem to be much more knowledgeable in the workings of things like the impeachment process and how other things work in the USA.

If it is true that Trump has been found guilty of "stealing" funds from a children's charity, then surely he is guilty of theft/misappropriation of funds/fraud and he should be prosecuted or removed from office.

Now, whether or not that falls under the "impeachment process" I'm not sure, and even if it doesn't, how on earth can a president of the United States remain in office once found guilty of this?

Maybe there are other things in the pipeline which prosecutors are looking at, like tax evasion, illegal payments and so on, but the question again is........can he be removed from office for the theft of funds from a charity?

To expect a lying, vain narcissist to step down because of this would be far too much to ask, because he has no conscience in this regard, but being removed from office would send a message to the rest of the world that American politics are not as corrupt as Trump himself.

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

not all those attempts even made it past a preliminary hearing stage.

Bristolboy that is true, however it shows you that it is part of the Democratic playbook to start to impeach every GOP president since Eisenhower.  The Democrats have the media on their side and they know full well they can get headlines about the start of an impeachment process trying to create the impression of wrongdoing even if it is not warranted. Part of their propaganda campaign.  No different than marching a group of accusers against Kavanaugh's appointment hearing without any corroboration. 

Archived