Democrats set Thursday vote on U.S. House path in Trump impeachment probe

webfact

On 11/6/2019 at 11:12 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Well, I really wish they'd get on with it and stop waffling.

Sooner impeached sooner cleared by the senate sooner get on with the election campaign, sooner 2020 to 2024.

Thanks Dems, you are really helping with the re election of someone you claim to despise.

Look how the voters rushed to support Republicans and punish Democrats in the latest elections. A huge surge of suburban voters towards the Democrats.  Maybe they're trying to smother the Democrats with love?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And from George Kent, deputy assistant secretary of state for foreign affairs. we learn that, like many thaivisa members, Trump was also engaging in "but, but, but Hillary..."

Trump apparently wanted Ukraine to investigate Hillary Clinton in addition to the Bidens: State Department official

"Kent said Gordon Sondland, Trump’s handpicked ambassador to the European Union, had conveyed the Clinton message to him and other diplomats after speaking to the president on Sept. 7. 

Trump had been adamant that Zelensky needed to mention “three words” in a public announcement of the politically-charged investigations,

Kent recalled Sondland as saying. “POTUS wanted nothing less than President Zelensky to go to a microphone and say investigations, Biden and Clinton,” Kent testified, according to the transcript."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-george-kent-transcript-impeachment-ukraine-20191107-wz6voxkfejfyff4p3m4cctvfaq-story.html

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, really.

Perhaps the bills they pass are so bad that Trump would just refuse to sign them into law anyway.

Now, unlike you, a die-hard supporter of Trump would throw shade on those bills without having a clue as to their content.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:00 AM, Sujo said:

Now, if you keep wantingto run down this irrelevant wrong rabbit hole.

All evidence so far shows his guilt. He has decided not to allow evidence that may exonerate himself.

So with all evidence against him and nothing for him congress has no alternative but to go with the evidence they have.

Impeach.

There is no credible evidence of any wrongdoing by Trump.  More evidence of Joe Biden's guilt will possibly come out in the Senate phase.  That is if the Senate does not throw the articles out quickly.

12 minutes ago, ExpatOK said:

There is no credible evidence of any wrongdoing by Trump.  More evidence of Joe Biden's guilt will possibly come out in the Senate phase.  That is if the Senate does not throw the articles out quickly.

Rally? REALLY? You're new here, aren't you? Red herring's are called out and shouldn't be used as a general rule of debate. There is a MOUNTAIN of evidence of wrongdoing, both political and civil. Trump just got fined $2 million dollars and has been banned forever from running a charity for stealing money from kids with cancer. Part of that court decision was he HAD to admit guilt. Anyone who keeps his taxes hidden to the point that it must be ruled on by the SUPREME COURT has GOT to have some very bad things in there. The Republicans are having to resort to specious arguments or flat out saying they will ignore the evidence provided by over a dozen witnesses on just the phone call alone. Sorry, your argument doesn't pass the smell test.

31 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

the public will learn of the corrupt nature when schiff, the bidens will be summoned to testify in front of lindsay graham's committee.

mfg

roobaa01

I didnt ask you about bidens or schiff or any wrongdoing at all.

i asked you how hunter biden would have a conflict of interest?

34 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

the public will learn of the corrupt nature when schiff, the bidens will be summoned to testify in front of lindsay graham's committee.

mfg

roobaa01

Why should the bidens and schiff comply with a summons or subpoena?

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Why should the bidens and schiff comply with a summons or subpoena?

Because unlike Trump minions, Democrats can be jailed for ignoring a subpoena. It's up to the DOJ to decide who does and who does not get jailed for ignoring subpoenas. And who leads the DOJ? Why, it's William Barr who jailed Chelsea Manning for ignoring a subpoena yet let all of Trump's sycophants slide. WHAT a SURPRISE!

10 minutes ago, J Town said:

Because unlike Trump minions, Democrats can be jailed for ignoring a subpoena. It's up to the DOJ to decide who does and who does not get jailed for ignoring subpoenas. And who leads the DOJ? Why, it's William Barr who jailed Chelsea Manning for ignoring a subpoena yet let all of Trump's sycophants slide. WHAT a SURPRISE!

Yes republicans trying to make a perfectly legal investigation into a sham by acting illegally.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:12 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Well, I really wish they'd get on with it and stop waffling.

Sooner impeached sooner cleared by the senate sooner get on with the election campaign, sooner 2020 to 2024.

Thanks Dems, you are really helping with the re election of someone you claim to despise.

This is also the same person you too have claimed to despise in previous posts. This unwillingness to accepts Trumps many, many indiscretions and downright criminal activity purely because of your hatred for the Dems does not bode well for your argument. As I've said to you many time before, disliking the Dems AND holding Trump to account are not mutually exclusive. But the need to hold him to account goes to the very foundation of US democracy and surely that's the important part here?

3 hours ago, J Town said:

Rally? REALLY? You're new here, aren't you? Red herring's are called out and shouldn't be used as a general rule of debate. There is a MOUNTAIN of evidence of wrongdoing, both political and civil. Trump just got fined $2 million dollars and has been banned forever from running a charity for stealing money from kids with cancer. Part of that court decision was he HAD to admit guilt. Anyone who keeps his taxes hidden to the point that it must be ruled on by the SUPREME COURT has GOT to have some very bad things in there. The Republicans are having to resort to specious arguments or flat out saying they will ignore the evidence provided by over a dozen witnesses on just the phone call alone. Sorry, your argument doesn't pass the smell test.

but, but, but impeachment is a POLITICAL trial, not a criminal one. Therefore your "evidence" of actual crimes is somewhat irrelevant when the senate can exonerate him regardless, for political reasons.

What is needed are high crimes or misdemeanours to outrage the general populace, not some ordinary misdeeds. So far the outrage extends only to those that hate him. The rest don't seem particularly exercised about it at all.

GOP senators, IMO, are not going to put their re election at risk by throwing him out of the white house for anything put forward so far. It would have to be something pretty major, like funding a rebel movement against a government he doesn't like by getting the CIA to transport cocaine or heroin into the States to be sold to buy guns. Oh, wait, didn't something like that already happen before, and nothing was done about it? Or, lying directly to the American public that he didn't have sex with someone, when it was proven that he did? I know, I know, Trump has been accused by multiple women of something, but so far nothing actually proven. However, if one of them were able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt that he raped her, he is indeed the proverbial toast.

2020 to 2024

obama left over and key witness yovanovitch could it be that she lied under oaths at deposition hearing ? at least republican zeldin who questioned her raised the subject today on foxnews. its all about an email 14819 to a democratic staffer.

wbr

roobaa01

10 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

obama left over and key witness yovanovitch could it be that she lied under oaths at deposition hearing ? at least republican zeldin who questioned her raised the subject today on foxnews. its all about an email 14819 to a democratic staffer.

wbr

roobaa01

Her evidence corroborated by other witnesses. But do dream on.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but, but, but impeachment is a POLITICAL trial, not a criminal one. Therefore your "evidence" of actual crimes is somewhat irrelevant when the senate can exonerate him regardless, for political reasons.

What is needed are high crimes or misdemeanours to outrage the general populace, not some ordinary misdeeds. So far the outrage extends only to those that hate him. The rest don't seem particularly exercised about it at all.

GOP senators, IMO, are not going to put their re election at risk by throwing him out of the white house for anything put forward so far. It would have to be something pretty major, like funding a rebel movement against a government he doesn't like by getting the CIA to transport cocaine or heroin into the States to be sold to buy guns. Oh, wait, didn't something like that already happen before, and nothing was done about it? Or, lying directly to the American public that he didn't have sex with someone, when it was proven that he did? I know, I know, Trump has been accused by multiple women of something, but so far nothing actually proven. However, if one of them were able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt that he raped her, he is indeed the proverbial toast.

2020 to 2024

Or bribing a foreign govt for personal gain. Which is the latest evidence from asst sec if state.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What Trump is being accused of is rather serious, more serious than what Nixon did.  But there's almost nothing that Trump can do that would make his hardcore supporters abandon him.  So it's more about the independents and moderate Republicans.  Republicans supported Nixon almost up to the end....until public opinion started to turn.  If Nixon had Fox News and today's right wing propaganda machine, he may have survived.  But we'll see when all of this goes public.     

41 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

This is also the same person you too have claimed to despise in previous posts. This unwillingness to accepts Trumps many, many indiscretions and downright criminal activity purely because of your hatred for the Dems does not bode well for your argument. As I've said to you many time before, disliking the Dems AND holding Trump to account are not mutually exclusive. But the need to hold him to account goes to the very foundation of US democracy and surely that's the important part here?

Stop making stuff up. That happens all the time with you guys and you never apologise when I call you out.

I've said that Trump was the best of two bad candidates and other things along that line, but I never said I despise him. Quote me saying I despise him and I'll apologise to you on here. I won't hold my breath waiting though.

I don't worry too much about indiscretions. If they were criminal we'd all be in jail.

Downright criminal activity??????? Before he was president he was an ordinary citizen. Are YOU claiming that the law enforcement agencies of the USA ignored criminal activity carried out by him for some reason?

I don't hate Dems per se, though I do hate some people that are Democrats. No prizes for guessing who. 

Far as I can see, he's been held to account ever since he was elected by the opposition news media.

I fail to see why the Dems are spending so much time and treasure trying to impeach him when it's more likely than not it will be a fail in the senate. Why don't they just put their case to the public and let the public decide? Isn't that what is supposed to happen in a democracy? Vote him out with a better candidate and prosecute away after he isn't president.

Could it be, though. that the Dems leadership know in their hearts that he's a shoo in at the election, and impeachment is their only real shot?

Pity the best they can come up with is Biden and Warren.

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

What Trump is being accused of is rather serious, more serious than what Nixon did.  But there's almost nothing that Trump can do that would make his hardcore supporters abandon him.  So it's more about the independents and moderate Republicans.  Republicans supported Nixon almost up to the end....until public opinion started to turn.  If Nixon had Fox News and today's right wing propaganda machine, he may have survived.  But we'll see when all of this goes public.     

In YOUR opinion.

In my opinion it's a nothing burger, Politicians do bad stuff all the time and if every case was prosecuted there's be no one left to pass laws.

BTW, Nixon invaded Cambodia illegally, did he not? Isn't that rather more serious than asking someone to dig up dirt on a potential opponent?

Honestly, if Trump looks sideways at the wrong time it's a capital offence according to some.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Stop making stuff up. That happens all the time with you guys and you never apologise when I call you out.

I've said that Trump was the best of two bad candidates and other things along that line, but I never said I despise him. Quote me saying I despise him and I'll apologise to you on here. I won't hold my breath waiting though.

I don't worry too much about indiscretions. If they were criminal we'd all be in jail.

Downright criminal activity??????? Before he was president he was an ordinary citizen. Are YOU claiming that the law enforcement agencies of the USA ignored criminal activity carried out by him for some reason?

I don't hate Dems per se, though I do hate some people that are Democrats. No prizes for guessing who. 

Far as I can see, he's been held to account ever since he was elected by the opposition news media.

I fail to see why the Dems are spending so much time and treasure trying to impeach him when it's more likely than not it will be a fail in the senate. Why don't they just put their case to the public and let the public decide? Isn't that what is supposed to happen in a democracy? Vote him out with a better candidate and prosecute away after he isn't president.

Could it be, though. that the Dems leadership know in their hearts that he's a shoo in at the election, and impeachment is their only real shot?

Well in effect that is exactly what the dems are doing. The congress its doing its job. They know it wont pass in the senate but it still must do its job even if the senate refuses to do so.

so by doing this they are getting the evidence out for the publc.

Personally i think they are going too fast. They should challenge the subpoena deniers in court to make them give evidence. This would bring it closer to election to hurt trump. But they want it done faster regardless of trumps delaying tactics.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In YOUR opinion.

In my opinion it's a nothing burger, Politicians do bad stuff all the time and if every case was prosecuted there's be no one left to pass laws.

BTW, Nixon invaded Cambodia illegally, did he not? Isn't that rather more serious than asking someone to dig up dirt on a potential opponent?

Honestly, if Trump looks sideways at the wrong time it's a capital offence according to some.

Well if trump follows nixon by resigning im sure the impeachment process will stop.

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Well in effect that is exactly what the dems are doing. The congress its doing its job. They know it wont pass in the senate but it still must do its job even if the senate refuses to do so.

so by doing this they are getting the evidence out for the publc.

Personally i think they are going too fast. They should challenge the subpoena deniers in court to make them give evidence. This would bring it closer to election to hurt trump. But they want it done faster regardless of trumps delaying tactics.

Personally i think they are going too fast. They should challenge the subpoena deniers in court to make them give evidence. This would bring it closer to election to hurt trump.

IMO every day this farce plays out irritates more and more people, making Trump MORE likely to be re elected than if they just campaigned on his failings. 

However, we can't both be right, so we'll find out after the election, won't we?

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Well if trump follows nixon by resigning im sure the impeachment process will stop.

Personally, I think Trump should stand down at this election. I think he's being selfish and doing irreparable harm to his children by allowing them to be abused by the opposition simply for being his children. I can't imagine the harm a further 5 years of the abuse would do to his young son.

If he helped get Pence elected, I think 8 years of Pence would be an appropriate retribution on the Dems for the <deleted>they've put him through.

2 conservative judges on SCOTUS is about as good as it's going to get for Trump, IMO.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ok I'll give you that you may not have used the actual word 'despise' but since it was in the quote you posted, I carried it along the same vein.

What you have said though is 'I have said in the past that Trump wasn't the best candidate, and if I support him it's his policies I support. I'm a socialist, so I don't support billionaires personally. I just don't like the way all his opponents are behaving, which is not in the best interests of the USA and the world. He has done many things that are not good or in the best interests of people's not necessarily of the US......'

My point is that you are state you are not a fan of Trump (even calling yourself a socialist) yet all you seem to do is defend him and his obviously criminal actions with either an 'everyone does it, so let's not bother about him' or 'let's get on with it' when the investigation takes the necessary time it's taking to investigate.  

Again I do appreciate that you have just said (and for the first time an actual slight against Trump) 'Personally, I think Trump should stand down at this election. I think he's being selfish and doing irreparable harm to his children by allowing them to be abused by the opposition simply for being his children'  but for many of us this just doesn't go far enough, and we don't give a rats a** about how this is all effecting his equally bad offspring.

He has tried (and is still trying) to make a mockery of the US democratic process and has made, the rule of law, moral decency and being honorable a thing of the past. By not being as tough on him as you are with the Dems you by your actions and your comments are now saying these things no longer matter.

They do matter and that's why the Dems are absolutely correct in bringing impeachment proceedings to this embarrassment of a POTUS. And I also hope in future you get on-board with doing the right thing. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Personally, I think Trump should stand down at this election. I think he's being selfish and doing irreparable harm to his children by allowing them to be abused by the opposition simply for being his children. I can't imagine the harm a further 5 years of the abuse would do to his young son.

If he helped get Pence elected, I think 8 years of Pence would be an appropriate retribution on the Dems for the <deleted>they've put him through.

2 conservative judges on SCOTUS is about as good as it's going to get for Trump, IMO.

I dont base my opinion on hurting a party. More whats best for the country. But thats just me.

I have no isdues with a dem or repub as president as long as they put country first.

As for his sons etc. They bring it on themselves by going public with their diatribes. Except Barron,hes off limits.

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Except Barron,hes off limits

Except he's not. There have been posters on this very forum that have attacked him personally, merely for being born of Trump.

That is beyond the pale.

Don't expect me to look up those quotes, as they were long ago and I don't remember the specific posters.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That says it all.

On ignore.

Bye

That says what? 

You think anyone has any sympathies for Ivanka and Beavis and Butthead? Barron is a juvenile and gets a pass but the other lot have been making hay whilst the Trump sun shines and profiting massively from Daddy being POTUS. 

They are the least of my considerations when looking at the many, many criminal activities of Trump and lets not forget that Donald Trump Jr, Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump were also directors of the Trump Foundation which has now been proven to have defrauded Army Emergency Relief, Children's Aid Society, City Meals-on-Wheels, Give an Hour, Martha's Table, United Negro College Fund, United Way of Capital Area and the US Holocaust Memorial Museum.  

So yeah. They can go fiddle as well. 

Archived