Thailand's September foreign tourist arrivals up 10% year-on-year - ministry

webfact

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourist arrivals in Thailand rose 10.11% in September from a year earlier, after an increase of 7.35% in August, the tourism ministry said in a statement.

Dear Minister, I understand that you enjoy immensely being present daily in the media, unfortunately it is very difficult (impossible) to believe you, one day you cry because not enough tourists arrive, the next day you rejoice as a child who has received a gift, and present ++ ++!
Decide what to say / do, because now you have lost the trust of the people!
What I see is that many destinations have been for months without or with very few tourists, talk with the people who don't know how to keep their business alive!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

This is garbage. Pattaya has been empty more or less for months. All you need to do is look at You Tube. Also it would be interesting to see the spend per nation !!

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism-income-Thailand.asp

https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/travel/whos-coming-spending-tourist-numbers-2017

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Traubert said:

I really dont understand why it matters so much to TV readers. Every time its mentioned the same knicker-knotted people come out to foam with rage. Why? How does affect you?

This is the general modus operandi, any opportunity to bash anything Thai is not to be missed, the herd is currently in TAT bashing mode, at 11 they'll be bashing something new.

• Sad 5

18 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Not denying its truth, as I am not someone who posts about tourists numbers declining as I genuinely have no idea, However, are they really able to calculate this within 3 - 4 weeks?

A total of 2.9 million tourists in September spent 139.6 billion baht ($4.62 billion), up 8.73% from a year earlier.

If anyone can, the Thais can!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stocky said:

Jackanory

I hear what you are saying for sure but on another note i did make 2 trips into Bangkok from Dubai during September and 3 in October and the plane was rammed on each occasion. So it was busier than i have seen for a while for sure. 

2 minutes ago, moutamine said:

I live in Nana central Bangkok and the place is empty... never seen it so quite in 3 years. If there are tourists in Thailand, they are not in Bangkok!!

Nana Central, not surprising...how about the CBD and Chinatown?