Northeast sitting on oversupply of homes, says GHB official

snoop1130

20 minutes ago, DNPBC0 said:

It will almost certainly 'turn positive' within the next decade as Bangkok people see their region progressively inundated due to sinking land and rising sea levels. Now is probably the best time to invest in northeastern property.

:shock1:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, justin case said:

new houses here, not for farang to own, made with cheap labor and even cheaper materials, never last long before defects show up, but there you go, you got 1 year warranty on it

My house is 6 years old now, the water pipe broke this year due to ground shrinking from the drought.

I've replaced some of the shower hoses, and the wheels on the driveway gate, and it needs repainting but I can't be bothered.

That's as good as any house I've ever owned in the west, if not better.

1 hour ago, uffe123 said:

Who will buy all the units in polluted Bangkok.

Lots of Thai and expat have to live in Bangkok, they have little choice, the smart discerning retiree expat will move to Chiang Mai  :crazy:

For sure pollution is going to put a lot of people off Thailand - rightfully so - to date they have taken zero positive action! 

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yet, they are very reluctant to reduce the price. Just like Thailand is holding on to the Baht value. They just can't accept they're living in a fantasy world.

People with money dont reduce the price. For others it's that or repossession

13 minutes ago, MartinKal said:

People with money dont reduce the price. For others it's that or repossession

The people lending the money are the same people who end up getting very cheap assets! given that they never had the money that was loaned out in the first place  - profitable business to be in. :wink:

On 10/30/2019 at 7:23 PM, Yinn said:

maybe I wrong

Surely you are ...

Maybe should you come by yourself instead of stupid questioning ...

However, I am very dubious about this statement

" Vichai predicted that the government’s stimulus package for the property market, which will reduce transfer fees and mortgages throughout 2020, will boost sales by end of next year. "

With what money will they be able to buy a house or an apartment/condo when they are for the most part over-solders?

• Like 1