Win 10 updates causing problems.

giddyup

The latest updates from Win 10 have caused all my screen colours to change. The taskbars and the actual screen colour have changed. The screen now has a yellowish tint, similar to nighttime mode that I am unable to change, and the task bars and menu bars also changed. Has anybody else had the same problems?

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

No problems so far in update to 1903, but i see there is

another cumulate 1903 update waiting for me to install

KB4522355, was that the update that caused you problems ?

regards Worgeordie

No idea, the updates are automatic, but happened in the last one two days ago.

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

No idea, the updates are automatic, but happened in the last one two days ago.

Try looking on "Tenforums" or google the update number you feel is causing the problem.....no issues with any updates on my pc.s :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

No problems at all, on two PCs. I just let Windows do what it wants, when it wants and leave it alone.

So do I, but I can't think of any other reasons that the screen and taskbar colours have changed, I haven't touched anything to cause that AFAIK.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So do I, but I can't think of any other reasons that the screen and taskbar colours have changed, I haven't touched anything to cause that AFAIK.

That sounds like the THEME has changed somehow. I think it is in Display Personalisation.

Edited by wgdanson

I am certainly encountering problems with the task bar. Mine is set to hide when not in use, but sometimes it does not slide down again after using it. That never happened before the recent updates.

Not a big issue, but it can be irritating when I set up to watch a TV program and then have to go back and persuade the bar to 'disappear'.

I've also found that visiting TVF via the Edge Browser has become very tedious. Some are blaming the pop up adverts for this, but this has only happened since the updates, so I'm not so sure about that.

I've now switched to using Opera Browser when visiting TVF which proving to be much more stable.

23 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I am certainly encountering problems with the task bar. Mine is set to hide when not in use, but sometimes it does not slide down again after using it. That never happened before the recent updates.

I have also experienced that for the last week or two.  Reboot clears it but have not found any method to fix without.  Have just watched the spinning wheel for an hour and installed new NET and second Win10 Cumulative update for month 10 (listed as optional) so hope that might fix. 

OP - Have not had any tint or color issues but would try reboot as that will sometimes fix Win10 issues.  

15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I have also experienced that for the last week or two.  Reboot clears it but have not found any method to fix without.  Have just watched the spinning wheel for an hour and installed new NET and second Win10 Cumulative update for month 10 (listed as optional) so hope that might fix. 

OP - Have not had any tint or color issues but would try reboot as that will sometimes fix Win10 issues.  

Did the reboot, didn't change back to what it was.

Regarding the yellowish tint, I experienced the same this year when Windows Update inexplicably updated my monitor driver on my desktop PC. You might check yours in device manager or through the display control panel. This doesn't explain task bar color, though. The only time I've experienced that was when my Windows activation went wonky and the theme was reset. That was some years back, though, and might not have been Windows 10.

• Like 1

I've only recently noticed on my desktop, at the bottom of my notifications sidebar there is a button that says nighttime, if pressed it changes the screen to nighttime view. Maybe you've accidentally pressed this...

26 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

I've only recently noticed on my desktop, at the bottom of my notifications sidebar there is a button that says nighttime, if pressed it changes the screen to nighttime view. Maybe you've accidentally pressed this...

Indeed turning that on turns white background of forum yellow (tungsten/fireplace lighting).  Far right corner open notifications and there is a nightlight you can click on to turn on/off.

Edit - OP seems to know about this as says it is similar to nighttime mode - sorry it was new to me as had never clicked on it.

Edited by lopburi3

51 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Pressing that button has no effect on my screen.

42 minutes ago, vincent13 said:

If all else fails, roll back the update. About 4 weeks ago, after an update, I wasn't able to print. I rolled back the update and was able to print again.

I uninstalled the latest update (30/10) without any effect.

I manually install all updates. Before doing so, I post the question, "Are there problems with update ****". Only with positive response do I install.

This happened with KB4517389, but received negative feedback. I waited to install and asked Google each day, "Are problems solved with KB4517389", until I received the response that KB4522355 was published to solve problems and no further problems were reported.

This works for me. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Thian said:

I can't set the brighness of my screen anymore with the F11 function key, now i have to press the Fn key together with F11 to do so.

Yes i restarted my laptop last night but didn't see if it got updated.

They also made me set up a 4 number digit before they would let me back on. this was only about 6 months ago.

So against my will I have to use this stupid code to log on.

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

I believe you, computers can do the strangest things.

16 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

They also made me set up a 4 number digit before they would let me back on. this was only about 6 months ago.

So against my will I have to use this stupid code to log on.

That code i have since i bought this laptop...it's good because sometimes my fingerprint sensor doesn't work well.