Health Insurance if already covered by Thai Government by reason of marriage.

Not sure if the has come up yet.

When I married my wife 5 years ago, as she worked for the Government, I was eligible to be registered for free healthcare.

This was subsequently applied for took about 6 months, I then received a registration number for that system.

I have used it a couple of times for minor issues and was not charged.

Does anyone actually know if this medical cover would be acceptable for the latest "O-A" and maybe future "Non O Multi" requirements.

Posted here in VISAS because of the direct link.

@ubonjoe, your sage advice welcomed !

Edited by The Fat Controller
Nudge to the "Oracle"
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Unless your insurance is listed in this database, you won't be getting any O-A visas, extensions of them or entry's at Immigration. with said visa or extension. How hard is it to understand?

insurance check.jpg

Jurys out on the arrival part of IOs at airports.. That is the instance where non Thai insurance may be accepted and acceptable. Leading to 'stamped in up to the end date of' etc

I think the above image will be how it will relate to incountry extensions for OA class generated permissions of stay. 

On 11/2/2019 at 3:05 PM, Sheryl said:

Anyone covered by the Civil Service SS scheme would, however, be eligible for extension based on marriage or being parent of a Thai and thus the insurance requirement would not apply.

I just got a Visa based on being a parent and they never mentioned anything about insurance. I have social security insurance.

Edited by Neeranam

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 1:05 AM, Sheryl said:

There is currently no provision for accepting anything other than private insurance from the companies specified. No exemption for people covered under Thai SS, civil service (through spouse) or regular (through prior employment).

Anyone covered by the Civil Service SS scheme would, however, be eligible for extension based on marriage or being parent of a Thai and thus the insurance requirement would not apply.

the big problem is for people with regular SS...and the many of us with foreign insurance.

this will be interesting

i am married to a  thai national who works for gov't revenue division as an auditor.

I have health card issued with my photo & have used it on 4 or 5 occasions.

According to her inquiry the coverage is valid.

Notes: 1st year I have a type ME O IMM and not sure who she talked to as I'm out of country. Will arrive shortly and do a test run. She's a hard ass so if it is not accepted they will start a dispute similar to a war. We don't have children yet nor do I have a Social insurance number.

I arrive shortly and wonder if I will have issues as my type O imm was issued in Canada.