Brit held on drugs charges in Pattaya says ex-wife set him up

rooster59

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

Ex wife no matter what country  can stitch u up after the divorce if they hate u enough

I reckon that's what happened here.

Maybe she wasn't getting enough of the dosh.

Greed can eat you away.

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

if-a-person-5baeef.jpg

In real life this is often the case. But, clearly. there should be no presumption of whether either accused, accuser(s) or witness(es) are telling the truth or not prior to a verdict being reached.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police said the man entered Thailand on 11 October 2019 and was granted permission to stay in the country until 9 November 2019.

I wonder how he remained under the radar for so long, read below

However, Thaivisa understands the man may have been in Pattaya since 2016 when he fled the UK after being charged in connection with the supply of cocaine, cannabis, amphetamines and MDMA worth in excess of £1 million.

Been in the country since 2016 after he fled the UK after being charged, says a lot, no doubt they let him out on bail, silly buggers, when will they learn ?

The man, who denies all charges against him, said he was set up by his ex Thai wife, claiming she filed the drugs charges to get back at him after he ended their relationship.

Perhaps that was his way of denying all charges, i.e. do a runner, says a lot in itself, when "not guilty" run to Thailand. So the x Thai wife fixed him, or told the truth, I think the latter as it was in the UK, and no doubt she sorted him when he ended their relationship. Maybe he will learn, never let anyone have dirt on you, especially those closest to you, the reason above is clear as daylight, for some.

The man is being held pending further legal proceedings. He is expected to be extradited to the UK.

No he can prove his innocence, no doubt this is a happy day for his x Thai wife regardless. 

27 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

An accusation from a disgruntled Ex is one thing but did they evidence to substantiate the claim ?

My ex like to leave the house with no panties on, I should have her arrested !!

No not have her arrested...But should supply the address ????

2 minutes ago, Tambs2020 said:

No not have her arrested...But should supply the address ????

I did enjoy the fruits of her labour but alas once her ice habit had become known to me and had the police at my front door I had to march her on.

56 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

An accusation from a disgruntled Ex is one thing but did they evidence to substantiate the claim ?

Do you think the UK police would ask for extradition based only on a verbal statement from an ex-wiffe ? IMHO i doubt this there must be plenty evident before they ask for extradition.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

To clarify, he claims he was living with his Thai wife in the UK when there was an acrimonious divorce and somehow she convinced the UK police to file bogus drug possession charges.

Aaahh..............i see it now.......too much grog after rugby yesterday, couldnt read properly

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

Do you think the UK police would ask for extradition based only on a verbal statement from an ex-wiffe ? IMHO i doubt this there must be plenty evident before they ask for extradition.

My point exactly.

Nothing to do with ex wife no matter her nationality.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Ok, give him the benefits of the doubts, hear him out, even though he's a knows drug dealer according to the article, hear the wife see the evidence and then find him guilty.. fair? right?...

Brit held on drugs charges in Pattaya says ex-wif set him up...his ex wife managing to convince the British police her ex-husband was dealing cocaine, cannabis, amphetamines and MDMA worth in excess of £1 million.????

3 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

The truth is Pattaya is full of drug dealers from every country . How do you think half of these clubs and Gogos are bought ? 

had always thought they were bought by sunday school teachers that had sacrificed and saved for many years.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Unless you now don't believe the UK investigations I would say this guy is a drug dealer. Prime example of scum. First thing he does blame the Thais, real familiar as most on this forum do the same.

I wonder how many will blame the wife.. (its fashionable on Thaivisa to blame Thais) and forget that this is an UK investigation, not a Thai one.

Bad move from an estranged wife in the UK.

Assets she could have claimed in the divorce will be seized by the UK authorities as 'drug profits'.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Maybe, but do you think the UK police is so easily fooled.. Just an other criminal Brit, not uncommon at all. 

From previous experience of the UK police, they will accept whatever a wife tells them, no evidence of any kind required.

I was arrested in the UK purely on the word of my estranged wife.

Then later paid 7,000GBP in compensation for false arrest.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

From previous experience of the UK police, they will accept whatever a wife tells them, no evidence of any kind required.

I highly doubt it in this case, they are asking for extradition. You don't do that without some solid evidence. If you think that the police just believes everything the ex says in this case your a bit naive IMHO. What happend in your case is probably totally different as this is a huge criminal case 1 million pounds.

The man is a common drugs criminal and we are well rid of him and his like from here. I could not care less who he is blaming for his demise. At least with him banged up it is one person less who supplies drugs to others. Drugs destroy people, families and cause only problems in our society. So get him banged up for a long time and it will help many people.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I say the same thing about criminal Dutch guys and Americans. Has nothing to o with nationality. 

Just that there are a lot of criminal foreigners around this time a Brit. People bash Thais all the time all i said is its not uncommon to find a Brit criminal and someone is offended.

You're probably right but statistically there are more Brits living here than Dutch or Americans so it's fair to say more criminals.

3 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Ex wife no matter what country  can stitch u up after the divorce if they hate u enough

And perhaps it´s not the best idea to tell somebody that he is wanted in his country for selling drugs. 

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

British police don't generally ask other nations to arrest or extradite without good reason. An accusation wouldn't be good enough, they would need some sort of proof I would of thought

2 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

British police don't generally ask other nations to arrest or extradite without good reason. An accusation wouldn't be good enough, they would need some sort of proof I would of thought

Would the Thai police also want some sort of proof....... or do they move on the basis of an accusation delivered with a brown envelope ?

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:
7 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Would the Thai police also want some sort of proof....... or do they move on the basis of an accusation delivered with a brown envelope ?

well, I suppose you could try sending that question in person, directly to the BiBs to answer - but this would be the last time we'd hear anything from you, as a free man

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Wow, how original.

The guy is an international drug trafficer has nothing to do with your fake accusation.

Archived