Let's make Pattaya a green and pleasant paradise for tourists: clean-up underway

rooster59

On 11/9/2019 at 6:10 PM, MRToMRT said:

Nearly the whole of the country falls under that description.

Definitely not true at all. Check out Northern Phuket ( Naithon, Laguna, Kamala ). Granted, houses will cost you around 160 million baht but this place is a far cry from a dump. Wife and I chose to retire here over Maui in the Hawaiian Islands. Best choice we ever made. Thailand is amazing and has everything the US has and more. Check out Amanpuri Resort, Malaiwana, Pearl of Naithon etc...All great places to live.

Chiang Rai also has many beautiful places to live without the hefty Phuket price tag. Resell can be ridiculous up there if you sell to the “right” folks. We picked up a plot of land in CR for 3 million baht and resold for 48 million baht 1 year later. if you don’t understand why the resell is ridiculous in CR than I’m not sure what to say. But clearly you’re out of the loop ????

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, this is quite achievable. Pattaya is absolutely flush with money. Hire a crew to regularly clean the streets. No magic.

SWEEPING

And a few trash trucks in addition to what they have now.

I think that's the tragedy. The government officials actually think they are off the hook simply by making a few false pronouncements.

If Pattaya can't be a green paradise with municipal parks and gardens at least it could be a cleaner paradise. But pesonally I just wish things were better organised and maintained. The hoardings and dis-used telephone boxes etc obstructing pavements would be a great improvement.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:20 AM, bkk6060 said:

If a male does not like sex it probably is not.

Are there any males that don't like sex?

Some repress their urges and hate others that do like sex, but why would they even go to Pattaya? Saudi Arabia would probably be a better holiday destination for them- all women covered.

12 hours ago, Duck J Butters said:

Definitely not true at all. Check out Northern Phuket ( Naithon, Laguna, Kamala ). Granted, houses will cost you around 160 million baht but this place is a far cry from a dump. Wife and I chose to retire here over Maui in the Hawaiian Islands. Best choice we ever made. Thailand is amazing and has everything the US has and more. Check out Amanpuri Resort, Malaiwana, Pearl of Naithon etc...All great places to live.

Chiang Rai also has many beautiful places to live without the hefty Phuket price tag. Resell can be ridiculous up there if you sell to the “right” folks. We picked up a plot of land in CR for 3 million baht and resold for 48 million baht 1 year later. if you don’t understand why the resell is ridiculous in CR than I’m not sure what to say. But clearly you’re out of the loop ????

None of which has any relevance to the OP. It's about tourists in Pattaya, not rich people living in Phuket.

IMO, it'll be like usual official announcements in Pattaya- they'll make a superficial effort on a few places like Bali Hi, and quietly forget about doing any more.

In a month it'll be like it never happened.

4 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

The hoardings and dis-used telephone boxes etc obstructing pavements would be a great improvement.

I think you missed "removing".

Anyway, that's normal for Thai towns and cities. Ever been to Chiang Mai? I wouldn't recognise the place without its collection of derelict telephone boxes obstructing the pavements.

18 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Nice the Mayor got a one weeks work out of his "Municipal cleaners"

He just has to get them to work the other 51 weeks a year.  Baby steps

I was thinking the same, a one week clean up and had to order the cleaners to do their job so that would mean, if they are normally working then the areas they clean will not be cleaned for a week, Thai logic at its best.

18 hours ago, 30la said:

How do you think you can clean a garbage dump?
And make a paradise ...
Put garbage cans in different parts of the city so that people (tourists and residents) can show you that education exists!
Threatening with exorbitant fines has never been served!

The dogs will just tip them over.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think you missed "removing".

Anyway, that's normal for Thai towns and cities. Ever been to Chiang Mai? I wouldn't recognise the place without its collection of derelict telephone boxes obstructing the pavements.

well you can't walk on the pavements due to tree roots coming through, power cables across them, holes you can fall into.

On 11/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, Youlike said:

75210116_2495503054054484_6199220048310042624_o.jpg

Nice sidewalks on both sides! Left is a huge advertising and right is full of weed. Thai will never learn how it's done.

If Thailand put all its communication cables underground you would be amazed how different the place would look. but unfortunately, the government cant even police all the companies involved just to remove all the dead cables, they just keep pilling them on.

9 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

If Thailand put all its communication cables underground you would be amazed how different the place would look. but unfortunately, the government cant even police all the companies involved just to remove all the dead cables, they just keep pilling them on.

Underground cables ?? since when does any Asian country have tidy power cables? they thrive on chaos.

13 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Any highway, any place in Thailand, garbage knee deep.

No good imposing fines. Have the authorities ever thought of having garbage bins everwhere (the big wheely bins) like in all civilised countries and regular garbage collections. It a matter of thinking laterally.

Archived