In Trump-Nixon impeachment comparison, Pelosi raises specter of resignation

webfact

23 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Nunes makes me laugh. He wastes all his time talking about bidrn and the WB. Both add nothing to the investigation.

Yet after sondland says everyone knew i failed to here him ask for rudy pompeo mulvany or bolton. I understand what he is afraid of.

Hilarious moment in yesterday closing statement by Nunes. Same old repetitive stuff regurgitated from day one. If you watch that moment, you will notice that the guy behind him which was probably his aide trying to hold his himself together not to laugh. When he ended and yield, he burst into laughter with the rest in the house. Nunes just doing his thing for an audience of one, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The impeachment hearings have already named as implicated Republican Senator Ron Johnson, how this plays out for Johnson is yet to be seen, but be assured it is a development that is being watched by other Republican Senators, and not just because one Senator’s vote is in play.

Perhaps nunes will ask for him to be called to give evidence.

Thats if he is interested in knowing what happened instead of wasting valuable time attacking dems with irrelevant comments.

Be nice if he did his job.

• Like 1

If the Court hearing goes Congresses’ way on Monday Bolton will not have a reason to refuse to testify.

Testimony so far received states Bolton advised his staff to report Trump’s conduct to the department legal counsel.

He’s aware of illegality and put a wall between him and Trump’s crimes.

The time for him to speak to Congress is upon him.

Link: Pentagon official says Ukrainians asked about aid the same day Trump spoke to Zelensky

"A senior Pentagon official told the congressional impeachment inquiry that Ukrainian officials inquired about the delay in U.S. military assistance to their country on the same day President Trump asked the Ukrainian president to investigate Joe Biden.

A Ukrainian official serving in the U.S. asked the Pentagon on July 25 “what is going on” with nearly $400 million in aid to Ukraine, according to Laura Cooper, deputy assistant secretary of defense for Russia, Ukraine, Eurasia.

“And did that connote to you that they were concerned that something was in fact going on with it?” asked House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., who is leading the inquiry. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Becker said:

Link: Pentagon official says Ukrainians asked about aid the same day Trump spoke to Zelensky

"A senior Pentagon official told the congressional impeachment inquiry that Ukrainian officials inquired about the delay in U.S. military assistance to their country on the same day President Trump asked the Ukrainian president to investigate Joe Biden.

A Ukrainian official serving in the U.S. asked the Pentagon on July 25 “what is going on” with nearly $400 million in aid to Ukraine, according to Laura Cooper, deputy assistant secretary of defense for Russia, Ukraine, Eurasia.

“And did that connote to you that they were concerned that something was in fact going on with it?” asked House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., who is leading the inquiry. 

Another Republican argument has also been undercut again:

"Cooper also testified that by May, Ukraine had met benchmarks showing that it had made “institutional reforms” to combat corruption. Republicans have raised the defense that Trump withheld the aid because he was concerned about corruption in Ukraine and was waiting for proof that Zelensky, who was elected president April 21 and took office on May 20, was doing enough to fight it."

• Thanks 1

Well Fiona Hill didn't disappoint in demonstrating that clandestine policy was undermining official policy of US agencies.

Pompeo and Mulvaney must be having a few sleepless nights of late.

The question  for me is "who will Trump attempt to use as his next fall guy?"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

I have a screenplay for a movie, It is a comedy.

Man driving by sees some men attempting to rob a bank. He calls the police.

Robbers hear the police coming run away, but are eventually caught and there is a trial.  

-Bank guard says "yep that's them I saw them"

-Robbers turn on each other and start spilling the beans.

-Plenty of evidence.

-Robbers say"when we heard the cops coming,we dropped or weapon" and we did not robbed the bank" 

-Robbers say "we were following orders, from where we cant say"

-Crime boss says, "I didn't tell them to go rob a bank for me, I told them to point guns at the tellers and ask for money" ????

-Mob boss and robbers say "fake trial, bring in the man who turned as in, we just want to hear what he says, we promise we will not hurt him, really we promise"

-Some idiots in the audience cheer "fake trial, fake trial" !!!

What do you all think, does this movie have legas, Any suggestions for actors to play the parts?

You're getting full of yourself.....:smile:

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh please, please, please Nancy, impeach him. Just do it Nancy.

:cheesy:

As I said earlier, Trump’s supporters and the GOP will start begging for the impeachment, they are desperate to get this over before the understanding of Trump's crimes starts showing up in the opinion polls.

Take your time Nancy, Trump is withholding witnesses, let’s hear from them first.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2019 at 7:50 AM, Farangwithaplan said:

The question  for me is "who will Trump attempt to use as his next fall guy?"

And it looks like the fall guy might just be (drum roll, please) https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-denies-giuliani-acted-on-his-behalf-in-ukraine-rudy-has-other-clients?ref=home

On 11/22/2019 at 6:42 PM, bristolboy said:

"Nothing to hide, nothing to fear." Really? Which is why he's refusing to let eye and/or ear witnesses to his conduct testify?

he cant call witnesses, cant question without Schiff shutting them down, can't be defended

looking forward to the Senate when they will subpoena lots of smug Dems and make them look stupid 'someone told me, that they heard someone say, that their friend assumed'  lol  

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 8:06 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I do hope so. I'm looking forward to America seeing just what a waste of time all this was when  the senate fails to convict.

I agree that the senate may fail to convict and have thought so and noted here since this began. It does not however make this a waste of time.

The evidence just continues to stack up on Trump and when he can no longer hide behind the immunity being president affords him, he will be charged with multiple offenses.

Also, it is important that the truth be known for historical reasons even if there is no conviction. The situation so far is beginning to show that Nunes - among others - is involved in this. And Nunes is one of the very people who is meant to bring balance to the house proceedings.

The testimony from witnesses is vitally important and will assist law makers for years to come.

So, no it is not a waste of time at all.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:19 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO every day this farce continues makes Trump more likely to win next year. Every thinking American must be wondering how the politicians they pay to run the country can be doing their job when it's all Trump, Trump, Trump day in day out.

What has Trump actually acheived in his time? He was full of promises and has failed to deliver time and time again.

He has failed on big issues like North Korea. North Korea are still testing missles after Trump assured us that had stopped.

Iran are pushing for enriched Uranium as Trump antagonized them and broke down relations.

The 'very easy to win' negotiations with China have been protracted and there is no end in sight. Farmers are hurting because of his sledgehammer approaches on international trade.

His human rights policies are atrocious. His wall... What happened to that wall? Weren't Mexicans going to cut a cheque for that? Where is that cheque? Is it in the mail?

One thing I have seen from your posts on these matters is a lot of sound bites and very little substance. Catch phrases don't forward debate but they do tell a lot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

he cant call witnesses, cant question without Schiff shutting them down, can't be defended

looking forward to the Senate when they will subpoena lots of smug Dems and make them look stupid 'someone told me, that they heard someone say, that their friend assumed'  lol  

There have ben plenty of first hand witnesses. Are you denying that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

What has Trump actually acheived in his time? He was full of promises and has failed to deliver time and time again.

And further to this he is attempting and succeeding at times with stacking the courts with incompetent 'judges'  some of whom that have been put up for the task have never even been involved in federal cases.

The incompetence of the nominees during the open air vetting processes was staggering from a great number of them. Yet some of them made it through and will be in that position for life.

Just one example is Brett Talley. This nominee put forward by Trump was deemed “not qualified” by the American Bar Association.  Yet he was still approved for a lifetime federal district judgeship by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Also, this nominee had never tried a federal case. He had never even argued a motion in Federal District Court, yet he was still deemed suitable to be a lifetime federal judge by Trump.

Luckily Talley realised he was totally unsuitable after being embarrassed in public hearings and he abstained.

Just think about that for a while. Think about he ramifications for the next 40 to 50 years if this person made it to the seat. These are the people Trump wants leading the country.

Edited by Farangwithaplan