Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

9 hours ago, voulez vous said:

If I'm not mistaken there was a topic about covid. Mr Owl wanted to put his point ocross.

He got his latest two weeker for posting a link to a UK radio station.

A TV member complained (24 hours after the post) and that was that; holiday.

I didn't realise it took so little to get banned. I thought he must have been guilty of some high crime or misdemeanor.

I can't recall getting in a nasty debate with someone but I see them often enough. The reader can tell what's going on - that sometimes the 'winner' in a debate actually comes out looking like a loser because they appear pathetic for fighting back and forth over a minor issue. 

I have though had my share of dud posts. Luckily you don't get banned for that.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, voulez vous said:

If I'm not mistaken there was a topic about covid. Mr Owl wanted to put his point ocross.

He got his latest two weeker for posting a link to a UK radio station.

A TV member complained (24 hours after the post) and that was that; holiday.

Thanks for informing us of the duration now I can relax, well at least until I get my hands on the dobber who tattled on The Owl.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Thanks for informing us of the duration now I can relax, well at least until I get my hands on the dobber who tattled on The Owl.

I believe that the dobber's name was Thomas Osbert Mordaunt (weird nom de scribe)who seems to get around the forum quite a lot..

I don't know whether that helps in any way...????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

If it was Jeremy Vine on BBC Radio 2, it should have been 4 weeks.

Remember Jimmy Young? He was a right old philanderer!

"What's the recipe today Jim?"

That used to wind me up a treat!

14 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I believe that the dobber's name was Thomas Osbert Mordaunt (weird nom de scribe)who seems to get around the forum quite a lot..

I don't know whether that helps in any way...????

I suspect a poster I was jousting with went on holiday a couple of days ago I hope it wasn't Mr Owl travelling in disguise!I'm pretty sure it wasn't as the poster in question commented on those not to be commented on and with less than 60 posts I think he may now be aware of certain sensitivities of those in charge of holiday destinations.Gees why do if feel like I'm walking a high wire? I do get them ol' walkin blues sometimes.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I'm guessing that included 3 hours, 17 minutes of handbag shopping.????

Hi farangsters - Monsieur Vous here.

Middle of the night here. Kitten has finally fallen into a heavenly slumber. I'm going to get with her as soon as I've posted. She informed me last night that I was the best lover she had ever had. Very satisfying!

Mr owl did tell me that the 3 hours, 17 minutes and 8 seconds included the financial negotiations and a snooze after the event.

Got sent the latest pics on the road (bridge) repairs close to Owl's home.

1666760579_buildnewbridge005.png.4359210b2b78d5f0b4d34095e5f91045.png

So they never took the concrete rubble away. Just spread it out and covered it in soil.

336281112_buildnewbridge000.png.1ea15505ac20421b07e770bfd24f92ca.png

I guess these are piles. Got one without a point. Have trouble slipping  that one in.

95259622_buildnewbridge004.png.00a7df5c32c034fbb6fd472ab42f40a8.png

Tipped with tungsten I think. Will soon get through that rubble.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A bit upset with my footy team. Could only manage a draw against the East Europeans at home.

France 1 - Ukraine 1 - Not to worry. Early days yet. I'm sure we will win it again; easy peasy squeezy de citron.

Change of lady next week. Kitten understands about my work and is very supportive. She is calling for me; 'Vous', 'Vous' venez à moi.

Later.

Edited by voulez vous
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Have a bit of a laugh, my friend...didn't a poster once say that one crowded hour on TVF was worth a lifetime on Facebook?????

Hi farangsters - Monsieur Vous here.

A lot of cryptic posts today.

I feel I should quote Mr Owl:

"Let me catch ten tench, spread out over the course of day, than all in a manic hour.'

Later.

Edited by voulez vous

Just read the last 2 pages - Jesus! - the sooner Owl gets back and saves this sinking ship the better. More Isaan stuff please!

Since Covid struck and working from home commenced I seem to have more spare time to try and entertain myself between Premier League games, so i now watch a lot of Youtube 'escapism' videos: people cycling (the world, Thailand, etc), life on a canal boat, life in isaan, and life in Laos. Here's a couple of long running vids i watch that you might like:

Cycling the World:

Life in Isaan

Life in Laos

Life on a UK canal boat

You have any recommendations, particularly Isaan related?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just read the last 2 pages - Jesus! - the sooner Owl gets back and saves this sinking ship the better. More Isaan stuff please!

Not everyone lives in Isaan, there is a wider Thailand out there and an even bigger world. You may have noticed that this thread covers many subjects. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You have any recommendations, particularly Isaan related?

If you want hill climbs try Chiteral to Karimabad in Pakistan,sorry I didn't make a vid or take any pictures it was way before internet even.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Not everyone lives in Isaan, there is a wider Thailand out there and an even bigger world. You may have noticed that this thread covers many subjects. 

Indeed and im well aware of that and have been on this thread since the beginning, but the thread is called and about (Diary of ) a farang in Isaan, and that's what i come here to read about.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Indeed and im well aware of that and have been on this thread since the beginning, but the thread is called and about (Diary of ) a farang in Isaan, and that's what i come here to read about.

Be patient he's currently on holidays and he'll get back to you shortly.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

You have..?

I assumed that you were one of Lucifer's fallen angels fresh from the interminably boring Brexit threads..or even worse one of the climate denial topics..

Be that as it may,you do not dictate to us,because of a very few contributions (and no photos) what we are discussing-if we are having a bit of downtime than so be it-that's life, sunny Jim.

We have all managed to keep this thread going for 108 pages and we will keep it going still..

DSCN1249.JPG

...or even worse, the football forum.

"you do not dictate to us".

You're being a wee bit sensitive if you thought that, Sunny Jim was merely stating MY preferences. 

Hurry back Owl!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...or even worse, the football forum.

"you do not dictate to us".

You're being a wee bit sensitive if you thought that, Sunny Jim was merely stating MY preferences. 

Hurry back Owl!

See ya..

Or you could ,of course,post a photo all of your own..not a youtube or internet culled product but an original of Isaan.

In this day and age of the digital phone or camera that is surely not to much to ask,is it"?

DSCN0250.JPG

Edited by Odysseus123

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

I wonder how Bluesofa is going?

He has been very quiet after returning home post the bike accident..I hope that all is well...

I sent him an email three days ago, not heard nuffink!

Yours,

Concerned of Nongbua....

@bluesofa

Edited by faraday
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

I sent him an email three days ago, not heard nuffink!

@bluesofa

Well...he's in that kind of brace thing...I imagine that it would be quite painful..but I wish he was still posting as II liked his "bon mots"-that's one for Monsieur Vol au Vent or P.C Wren or the usual hellhounds of the Legion..????

• Like 1