Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

When you plug a USB device in (flash drive, mouse, webcam, etc) Windows should make a ding-dong-ding chirping noise and you might get a pop-up saying something like "New Device Detected".

Next time, open up My Computer so you can see the C drive, D drive, etc and when you plug in the drive, see if Windows shows the flash drive as something like an E drive. Is that what eventually disappears?

27 minutes ago, Sterling said:

When you plug a USB device in (flash drive, mouse, webcam, etc) Windows should make a ding-dong-ding chirping noise and you might get a pop-up saying something like "New Device Detected".

Next time, open up My Computer so you can see the C drive, D drive, etc and when you plug in the drive, see if Windows shows the flash drive as something like an E drive. Is that what eventually disappears?

I think you have nailed it Sterling.

flash-drive.png.f71ddfdf258e153c2e5ff3c6a73fa767.png

This is what the flash-drive contains

542656480_Edrivecontents00.png.ad6a568a81efde0b261663fd8f1f4c8b.png

As soon as I click on it, it goes.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

Owl, that's actually really good news. Windows 10 can see the USB drive, so you are a third of the way there.

Next, you can try to recover the data yourself or take it in to one of the computer guys near to you.

In the past, I've used a program called Restorer Ultimate to recover data off of corrupted memory cards.

They have a free trial, so if you're feeling confident, you can install the program on your PC there and see if it can restore any of the files:

https://www.bitmart.net/restorer-ultimate/

The free trial should let you restore a couple of smaller files so you can verify if it works or not.

If you'd rather leave it to one of the computer guys, they should be able to use that app or something similar to try and recover some/all of the files off the flash drive.

Just be aware that sometimes those files cant be recovered, and sometimes they CAN be recovered, but the filenames may be reset to something like image001.jpg, image002.jpg, etc. Better than nothing though.

Good luck!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Going to concentrate on difficult English words today. I recently read that the sound

Gentlemen. The true test of a thais ability to speak english correctly is can they say squirrel and not sqwiwel. Hours of fun guaranteed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Gentlemen. The true test of a thais ability to speak english correctly is can they say squirrel and not sqwiwel. Hours of fun guaranteed.

I thought that was lestalaunt.

• Haha 1

The wife isn't particularly religious but goes to the wat from time to time. I'm not at all religious but I enjoy a trip to the wat as much as I enjoy a trip to a church, it's all about the architecture, the peace, the tranquillity for me.

We go to the wat sometimes.

Due to Man City's title run-in, and me jokingly agreeing to go to the wat if we win the games, this year we've been to the wat lots - after most games in fact. Weve been to wats we regularly visit and ones we didn't know existed locally. A wat connoisseur in the making.

Today to celebrate becoming English champions we 'pushed the boat out' and went to 3 wats - lots of merit-making and donating been a going on.

I always feel comfortable visiting. Nobody seems to pay any attention to me which I like, and I just stroll watching the people.

Do you enjoy a trip to the wat?

Does your wife: never go, occasionally go or is a watfanatic?

24 minutes ago, owl sees all said:
35 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I thought that was lestalaunt.

"Throat" is another good one to ask them to say. ????

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The wife isn't particularly religious but goes to the wat from time to time. I'm not at all religious but I enjoy a trip to the wat as much as I enjoy a trip to a church, it's all about the architecture, the peace, the tranquillity for me.

We go to the wat sometimes.

Due to Man City's title run-in, and me jokingly agreeing to go to the wat if we win the games, this year we've been to the wat lots - after most games in fact. Weve been to wats we regularly visit and ones we didn't know existed locally. A wat connoisseur in the making.

Today to celebrate becoming English champions we 'pushed the boat out' and went to 3 wats - lots of merit-making and donating been a going on.

I always feel comfortable visiting. Nobody seems to pay any attention to me which I like, and I just stroll watching the people.

Do you enjoy a trip to the wat?

Does your wife: never go, occasionally go or is a watfanatic?

I quite enjoy a trip, like yourself, to look at the architecture and enjoy the peaceful ambience. I’m happy as long as I’m not being badgered for money and left to enjoy it for what it is. 

The missus has tried to drag me to her local one when I’m in town but a its a 500 baht visit I limit my times there. It’s not that I begrudge them a tenner it just the expectation that I’m gonna cough up every visit just because I’m a foreigner. 

She often gets up and lines the street to feed them early morning and goes regularly to the local one and takes her niece and nephew with her. I’m sure they only go for the feast and takeaway. 

On 5/12/2021 at 4:16 PM, owl sees all said:

I think you have nailed it Sterling.

flash-drive.png.f71ddfdf258e153c2e5ff3c6a73fa767.png

This is what the flash-drive contains

542656480_Edrivecontents00.png.ad6a568a81efde0b261663fd8f1f4c8b.png

As soon as I click on it, it goes.

Can you please forward me the file "emails-pass-wills-usef". I will have a look at it and amend a few things, krub.

Btw, what's on nana pics and vids. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1