Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

TBH HP, I sometimes read back a couple of years. Some of the old posters are not on-line now. At least not on Aseannow.

AT tragically died. Regular previous posters like Odyssey and Blue Sofa are no longer about. Thanks must go to Voulez Vous, who once ditched his latest bit of French skirt to help me out on one of my many holidays.

And it's worth mentioning that the tread started before C-19 arrived. Interesting to see how it was coped with by the locals.

Well done Owl. The farms looking good at the moment I must say. I wondered about Odysseus - hope all is well. 

• Like 2

Just now, owl sees all said:

Speaking of such, today is Mrs HP's birthday, shes celebrating by helping a friend cut mangos...

Well. congrats are in order. Please tell her happy birthday. And send her this little something. A hard copy would be better; or even a real one. But never mind.

259680035_Screenshot_2022-11-20Hearts-Page3of64-DesiCommentscom.png.3f3781b5ee7707f0099bf4bbf533db52.png

Just to remind her how lucky she is to have you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well. congrats are in order. Please tell her happy birthday. And send her this little something. A hard copy would be better; or even a real one. But never mind.

259680035_Screenshot_2022-11-20Hearts-Page3of64-DesiCommentscom.png.3f3781b5ee7707f0099bf4bbf533db52.png

Just to remind her how lucky she is to have you.

I do at every opportunity... ????

Ill pass it on, with thanks Owl.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bannork said:

Are you watching the footy live on TV, Owl?

3-0 up against the terrorist regime at half time .

No! Mrs Owl says I can't watch the TV.

But I am listening to it on Sammy SK football on the www.

5-1 now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

I’d be putting power and a TV in the rice shed, or Mrs Owl, whichever was easiest… ????

She was watching some Thai dancing. I tried to get her to relent. Talked all sweet to her. Told her that her hair didn't smell. But no use.

Tried to watch it on the www. Only commentary available. Roll on Wales and USA.

• Like 1

A tiny drop of rain last night. Maybe enough to stop a game of cricket; but not in Dagenham, where we would be fishing at The Chase and certainly not dressed up in white clothing, prancing about with a little ball. We would be in camouflaged attire; using skill and tactics, to snare 'Big Bill' or 'Scarface',

Don't know about you voyeurs on this thread, but I'm fed up with being told what 'real men' are, or what 'real men' should be doing.

It all started going downhill for me when Henry, one of England's greats, went on TV and splashed it on all over.  I just had to go to the Roundhouse and drown my sorrows. Then we had that David bloke prancing about in his wife's panties; allegedly. Oh, he is so much in touch with his feminine side. I cringed at the way things were going. so more trips to the Roundhouse.

But recently it has gotten much more serious.

We have a cream that you put on ya skin to smell nice; to attract women!! !Smell nice!!!!??? What happened to the days when a good whack over the head, with a stout club, could get any woman into ya bed? Of course we never whacked our ladies in Dagenham. We simply promised them a ride in our Cortina.

Now, there is this LED light that is strapped onto the forehead of 'real men'. Good for searching out those wayward ladies in the wood, at the back of the Without Hope pub, on a Saturday night. And it has an anti-mozzie, 'red mode'.  Those mozzies will be sick as pigs, when Global Warming really kicks in. and it's warm enough to invade Kent. That 'red mode' will certainly fool them in the Dover area, where this head-band will mostly be used. In Dagenham Dock the mozzies will just have to be content with a slap. They have paraffin lamps there don't ya know.

Things are bad enough, without getting the shock of my young life this morning. It must have been a David Beckham type who wrote that the largest ever 'goldfish' had been caught in Champagne, France. Most of this ilk, think that this area is only good for that stuff that 'real men' are now drinking. Not because they can't afford beer in their local, No! Another way but to impress those ladies, along with the smells the lights, and the wife's panties.

"Hello luv. I'm not wearing my last conquest's panties. What would ya rather have? A fast ride in me motor, or a night fishing at The Chase?" The true Dagenham way.

But I am getting side-tracked. Real men do not go fishing for goldfish!! We brave the elements to temp that most majestic and crafty of fishes; the carp.

1424446197_bigkoi11.png.d723ddcfa451412a809c2c808269b6df.png

Well done Andy. A real man in the true sense of the word.

1529725317_bigkoi00.png.d97ac401d15170841bcc8773928937c9.png

Weighed in at 30 kilos. Andy returned it safely after showing the camera what real men can do.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HighPriority said:

Come to Oz Owl, bring your floaties you’ll need em, and you can have all the stinking carp you want !

I'm sure OZ values its wildlife. The bin-chicken and smelly toad get a free reign.

Unlike some retards in New Zealand who go hunting for kois with a bow and arrow. They call it 'bow fishing'.

I was in conversation with some of these 'real men' a few years ago, and they told me they were looking after the environment. Sounds like cruelty to me. How can anyone harm such beautiful creatures?

It rained in some parts yesterday and last night. Not in our parts however. Just unlucky I guess.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, sotonowl said:

I see that urine treatment you've embarked on is finally showing results.????

You are not wrong there fellow Owl.

As well as improving my condition, it has given me clarity of thought. And is helping me unravel the secrets of football prediction. Had a decent result last week end. Yes! I've almost cracked it.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Koi carp are an introduced noxious pest fish in New Zealand "rats of the river".

It is illegal to sell, breed or distribute them.

spacer.png

Very sad to see these beautiful fish being slaughtered like this.

In some countries they are a delicacy on the dining table. If they ate them there would be an excuse for this wanton slaughter.

Hope NZ you get smashed in the World Cup.

11 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Yes, carp in the wrong place can be a pest. I once went fishing at lake Burley-griffin in Canberra. All i could catch were carp, mainly stunted. A passer by had the biggest for his cat.

The Australian CSIRO were looking at Carp herpes virus when i was there as the myxomatosis equivalent for carp. Do not think they went country wide with it, just not deadly enough. Most of the indigenous fish in southern parts of Australia are now rare due to carp, and of course agricultural practices/dams polluting the rivers or changing the aquatic environment. In the far North the fish were still the indigenous ones (Catfish similar to Plaa sawai and barramundi were main ones, also Tarpon, saratoga (a type of arrowana), archer fish and longtoms). At that time no cane toads, i fear many of the rarer predatory animals are on their way to extinction due to Cane toad poison - although some birds seem to have learned how to deal with them). An interesting 18 months of my life mainly spent in the Northern territory, with more crocs than humans.

Sad to know that some OZ people have such a strange view of anything, or anybody, that is not related to a convict. There is just a handful of people sharing a vast expanse of land, and they still disrespect the animals.

They shoot the roos, slaughter the carp and the crocs get a very raw deal. And it's not as though they need the room. Good job they are respectful of the Aboes. In saying all this, I have relatives living there, who have been there for yonks. Who doesn't? I don't bother with them now after the last couple of years. Very stubborn lot they are. Couldn't see it my way over C-19.

Was gonna get some barrimundi fry a few years ago. With the droughts of recent years I'm glad I didn't. Although they are a quite hardy fish, they still need water.

• Like 1

Owl, have you heard of Leigh Gallagher? He's a very keen fisherman in Kampaeng Phet.

https://www.facebook.com/leigh.gallagher.332?mibextid=ZbWKwL 

Sad to see Wales lose 2-0 but glad to see the Iranian protesters of their murderous regime won.

England at 2.00 am? Nah, too early but I'll set the alarm for three to watch the second half, then have an early breakfast and head to the farm for some watering.

We've been unlucky, I had to go to Udon today expansive puddles in Na Kha and Nong Mel but nothing in Ban Dung 

58 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Hope NZ you get smashed in the World Cup.

Bizarre comment, yet you are so bold as to refer to others as 'retards'.

NZ does not feature in the FIFA World Cup. As if that is relevant to anything.

NZ has incredible native biodiversity borne out of its geographic isolation, no common land borders.

People make huge efforts to support, retain and boost near-extinct species and no need for introduced pests.

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

NZ does not feature in the FIFA World Cup. As if that is relevant to anything.

NZ has incredible native biodiversity borne out of its geographic isolation, no common land borders.

People make huge efforts to support, retain and boost near-extinct species and no need for introduced pests.

Carry on like this and the beautiful carp will be extinct. The carp in the photo are not kois in the true sense of the word, but a colour variety of the common carp. And as a side-issue, they are all commons rather than leathers or mirrors.

The NZanders should start learning how to cook them. Like the Poles and some jewish groups.

16 minutes ago, bannork said:

Owl, have you heard of Leigh Gallagher? He's a very keen fisherman in Kampaeng Phet.

https://www.facebook.com/leigh.gallagher.332?mibextid=ZbWKwL 

Sad to see Wales lose 2-0 but glad to see the Iranian protesters of their murderous regime won.

England at 2.00 am? Nah, too early but I'll set the alarm for three to watch the second half, then have an early breakfast and head to the farm for some watering.

We've been unlucky, I had to go to Udon today expansive puddles in Na Kha and Nong Mel but nothing in Ban Dung

I have not heard of this chap. I will take a look thought.

That fickle substance; rain. Our area is not blessed with much.

All I have seen with the footy, is the England goals against Iran. Went to Ban Dung today and inquired about the True exposure. To watch any, I had to upgrade, and pay another 300 baht a month. I'll keep trying to get a watch on the www, but it seems it's sewed up. Years ago I used Fox Sports. But that's a no-go. Best bet, I reckon, is a VPN, routed to England. Watch it on my beloved BBC.????‍♂️

More important things for me in life than watch the WC. Even though it's one of my favourite sports, along with swimming and chess. Some shocks already. I see that Wales lost today. 15 minutes of 'injury time'!?

Darts start up soon.

12 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Anyone who gets their kicks out of killing beautiful animals for fun is a 'retard' in my book. And those NZ lads are right up there.

Plenty of them in the world. My ex-country has many. So I'm not just taking about those down-under nitwits.

On 11/21/2022 at 11:44 PM, owl sees all said:

She was watching some Thai dancing. I tried to get her to relent. Talked all sweet to her. Told her that her hair didn't smell. But no use.

Tried to watch it on the www. Only commentary available. Roll on Wales and USA.

Download BBC iPlayer and the ITV app on your phone or tablet and you can watch them all live,you’re welcome!

(You may have to Google a British postcode to enter?)