Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

Getting there. A ball or balls were involved. Why is the lass's mid-region covered? Must slap myself with a wet fish. Enough clues. What could she possibly be wearing? Or not!! There I go again; giving the answer away.

But not a snooker player CL. Although he might have had a game or two. More like;y pool.

30 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Black rugby shirt but with red socks??

Last guess - Scottish rugby player, Andy Irvine?

Round ball CL. Is the lady wearing a kilt?

Answer Sunday. Keep you all in suspenders til then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Got to be Kenny Dalgliesh with those clues ( pool, kilt ) .

Far too good for me.

1434467158_dlglishinbar.png.468a83683e2f3ca06c4413d21f5934e1.png

That's it until Sunday when I play my Thai joker.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Thumbs Up 1

Due to great demand. Another easy peasy one.

One of the most recognizable footy faces. Seven foot tall George poses outside what shop?

1639060744_bestoutsidexx.png.0cfe7e006c7216afae78cb2f99fe2a73.png

No clues. No hope. Answer Sunday.

Edited by owl sees all

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Due to great demand. Another easy peasy one.

One of the most recognizable footy faces. Seven foot tall George poses outside what shop?

1639060744_bestoutsidexx.png.0cfe7e006c7216afae78cb2f99fe2a73.png

No clues. No hope. Answer Sunday.

His own shop.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I liked her a lot.

Strong willed lady.

Changed her name to a long name for lucky; 31 letters

Born 1984 in Nakhon Sawan

Height 1.57cm (5ft 2in)

Weight 52.72 kg.

Who is she?

Thaksins sister? I know that is wrong as the birth year doesn't match but it's the taking part that counts isn't it?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

Just thought, is it the hat lady?

Not Yingluck or the 'Hat Lady'.

Her original name was much shorter than the 31 letters it is now. She went to see a fortune teller who told her to change her name; which she did.

Big clue.

116251.jpg.207ef105294338767f929b37a675821d.jpg

50 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

Worrying times Owl, we were absolutely garbage.

The most concerning thing for me after two matches are the stats.

Saints game.

937024827_owlstats1.png.a6cff7dddf203431be7218867b6dc473.png

Against Hull

708851265_owlstats01.jpg.545957563e50e9c4197ad15e11471884.jpg

Strikes me that they have difficulty holding onto the ball.

Lots of work to do; and better now than later.

27 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The most concerning thing for me after two matches are the stats.

Saints game.

937024827_owlstats1.png.a6cff7dddf203431be7218867b6dc473.png

Against Hull

708851265_owlstats01.jpg.545957563e50e9c4197ad15e11471884.jpg

Strikes me that they have difficulty holding onto the ball.

Lots of work to do; and better now than later.

Yes, very poor. Calls for the managers and the chairmans head already. Maybe the owner should sell up and return to Thailand and concentrate on the family business, selling tinned tuna.

9 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

Yes, very poor. Calls for the managers and the chairmans head already. Maybe the owner should sell up and return to Thailand and concentrate on the family business, selling tinned tuna.

A bit early for sacking Owl.

But!!

Don't want to get stuck at the bottom after a just a few games. Those stats are a worry, They have to get the midfield sorted. Can't win many games with less than 30% possession. Maybe the odd game. But that's it.

14 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

I didn't have a clue Owl so I did a search on Gooble Images and it turns out it is, 

Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarakoon

Weightlifter

And indeed, 31 letters.

Bang on the money there Owl.

https://aseannow.com/topic/205571-weightlifter-prapawadee-wins-first-olympic-gold-for-thailand/

Prapawadee.jpg.73ce857cd61859a8587c2863f7e4e52b.jpg

28 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

It's not all doom and gloom. Did have a nice win against Stockport in the week.

Stats read much better that match.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Not Yingluck or the 'Hat Lady'.

Her original name was much shorter than the 31 letters it is now. She went to see a fortune teller who told her to change her name; which she did.

Big clue.

116251.jpg.207ef105294338767f929b37a675821d.jpg

I once knew a girl many years ago who was told by a monk to change her name. She never did marry him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Thanks for the story.  Isaan wife and I spend most of our time in Isaan.  But when rice harvest finishes—we’re off to the coast.  People seem much friendlier here in farm country.

I love it here. Not without it's strange and unpredictable moments.

Is there a better place to be in the world?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

It's not all doom and gloom. Did have a nice win against Stockport in the week.

Stats read much better that match.

It's terrible Owl. We were getting beat for most of the game and just managed a draw and beat them on pens. Not convincing at all.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Wow, just realised 3 weeks or more since looking at the thread. So much happening.

For me a few mishaps. After the fantastic UK family holiday, got back on the 11th May, just in time for daughter to start school. First, my one remaining Avocado, 6 years old, which i had given explicit instructions to be watered, was dead. Typical. Hard to rely on extended family here.

Next, was told the old rice field next to the pond was going to be ploughed. I had left some piles of branches there left over from the Eucalyptus harvest (another case of the land being left in a mess), so i went down to clear them; trod on a rock and felt a sharp pain, thought it must be a long thorn or nail. Upon investigation, so signs of a wound. Thought nothing of it, expected it would be back to normal in a couple of days. How wrong i was! Couldn't walk on it for more than 5 minutes and pressing the clutch pedal on the car was painful. Took 5 weeks. I had broken a bone in my foot I think.

followed by - management light on car engine came on - 24,000 baht to fix. Air conditioner died in bedroom, another 6,000 to repair.

Then ... Toothache. Antibiotics, visit to dentist and root canal treatment (2 sessions). Crown to follow. Decided it was also time for some blood tests, went to Nong Prajak hospital - result - wouldn't let me leave until i had seen 2 doctors. Chronic Kidney disease (CKD) is getting worse. 

Finally, due to not working on the farm, and wet season, the grass was growing a riot, so contractor employed by wife to cut it. My instructions - "careful of my Date palms". When i went to check, already finished - but so were 3 of my date palms (i have spent two and a half years rearing them from seed), only 2 left. They were about 75 cms tall and about 5-8 cms thick at the base, how can you think they were grass?

I have lost more young trees butchered by  Thai bush cutter/tractor idiots over the last 10 years than i can count.  My M-in-L also helpfully weeds out any of my vegetables i plant if she thinks they are sick, weeds or anything else. Our garden is nearly a desert because she digs up the grass (lawn) and chops down trees and shrubs just because she doesn't like sweeping up leaves. Just about ready to retire to a bar for the rest of my life and drink! 

So have been a bit depressed of late. 

But, other than that, is everything okay Rick?:sorry:

• Like 1