Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

10 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Regarding digging costs, on my wife's land the local authorities dug a pond for free and took the soil (clay) for local projects (I guess raising land for building roads). Might be worth asking if such deals are available in your area.

The wife's sister Pook had two ponds dug on her land; for free. I think she was even given fingerlings to stock with. I have eight ponds and I paid for them all.

If there is a decent stone strata, they will be most enthusiastic. But the water level will then be dependent on the water table, and that can be somewhat volatile. Our pond 8 is like that.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 11:58 AM, sirineou said:

I am sorry to have to correct you and use scientific terms , but it actually biggerer

Postcard in the mail,  also I have included my bank account and pin so that you could deposit my portion of the winning directly. 

Baby needs a new pair of shoes!!:biggrin:

And for the next draw on December 1st. All straight lines. No curves.

Thats; 1, 4, 7. But with the emphasis on '1'.

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

And for the next draw on December 1st. All straight lines. No curves.

Thats; 1, 4, 7. But with the emphasis on '1'.

To be honest I have never played the lottery, neither here or back home so I dont know much about it .

Wife plays all the time and she often runs to me excited because she won 1000 bht .I don't want to ruin it for her so I don't mention the fact that she has lost thousands of baht before she won the one thousand. :laugh:

The three numbers above are  also separated by 3 , so not knowing much about lotteries I would say the emphasis is on 3. 

Statistically  you have a better chance of winning if you always play the same set of numbers.

If you keep changing , it is possible that none of the numbers you chose will ever  come up, but if you keep playing the same set of numbers, eventual that set of numbers will come up. It might take a million years, but given enough time they will come up. 

This is an argument I can't lose, because if you complain all I have to say is that you have not played long enough.

One time my mother told me that she was quitting cigarettes. I replied, "sure i heard that before"

No she said I bet you any amount of money that I will never smoke as long as I live. 

Sure I told her, I will take that bet. 

The only problem for you is that you can never win while you are alive.:cheesy:

Edited by sirineou
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

To be honest I have never played the lottery, neither here or back home so I dont know much about it .

Wife plays all the time and she often runs to me excited because she won 1000 bht .I don't want to ruin it for her so I don't mention the fact that she has lost thousands of baht before she won the one thousand. :laugh:

The three numbers above are  also separated by 3 , so not knowing much about lotteries I would say the emphasis is on 3. 

Statistically  you have a better chance of winning if you always play the same set of numbers.

If you keep changing , it is possible that none of the numbers you chose will ever  come up, but if you keep playing the same set of numbers, eventual that set of numbers will come up. It might take a million years, but given enough time they will come up. 

This is an argument I can't lose, because if you complain all I have to say is that you have not played long enough.

One time my mother told me that she was quitting cigarettes. I replied, "sure i heard that before"

No she said I bet you any amount of money that I will never smoke as long as I live. 

Sure I told her, I will take that bet. 

The only problem for you is that you can never win while you are alive.:cheesy:

There is some logic in this post.

When the UK lottery first started, I was involved with a college with a computer section. The programmer students developed software that simulated a person doing the lottery. This is how it worked.

The computer bought a million lattery tickets. All the numbers were generated randomly. Any winnings were put back into the pot. After the first draw the kitty was down to under 600k.  All the dosh was gone in 31 draws. They did it a few times. Not once was there more in the kitty that the million quids they started with.

Since those far-off days the lottery has gotten even harder to win.

Owl Log - 27-11-2023 - Monday morning

Think I've got it sussed. The loader will only accept files under a meg. So what I'll do is change all thois weeks pics into jpegs from pngs. Quality will suffer just a little.

Seez ya all later.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The Owls might have turned the corner

We've definitely turned the corner AD, question is have we left it too late. The new manager is a star.

As for the blunts? Well they got beat 5-0 by the PL bottom club yesterday, arf,arf,arf. Now @owl sees allthat equalled the PL record for a club at the bottom of the PL, who else holds the record?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Your Sunday post is late Owl. I was getting a bit concerned.

Finding out that people have lied, then losing part of the farm to pay off debts is bound to have that effect. On the other hand you have lots of positive things going on (Mildred, dogs, cats, fish, snails - is the hat lady still in the picture?).

My favourite aria.

Keep Mildred away from boys for as long as possible, or you might have the same dilemma as Gianni.

What can I say CL?

If you are trying to cheer me up with that post, you are bang on the money.

Thanks.

Can't blame Robert. Although the silly sod didn't make a row. Bark even.

No! It was me who did the deed. Left the door open. Mrs Owl said I was a ''no good farang.'' Although she locked the Mazza up at 8ish in the evening, and never noticed anything. I accept the blame 100%. A beating is a'coming. Had quite a few recently. Not choppers, or anything like that. No! Coat-hangers and sticks and buckets.

On the upside. The cat-food arrived this afternoon. Have not fed the pussies with the new stuff yet.

Keep that stick away from Mrs Owl pussy cat.

beenarounddogstoolong.png.0b5e4ded627fea530aa5c75aa5ecfc3f.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

If you are serious (I hope you are just exaggerating) it's time to get out of that abusive relationship. If you think Mildred is in danger, take her with you - if not, leave her with her mother.  

Losing your investments (land, property) behind is tough to deal with, but you could start again and have a good life if you have 800.000 in the bank or a monthly income of 65,000  - or can afford to use an agent.

Best of luck Owl.

I'd like to think CL that Owls domestic issues aren't anywhere near as bad as he'd have us believe. I certainly hope they aren't anyway or he'd be wise to take your advice and bail out.

On another note Owl, I see Dull didn't score yesterday so presume you bet was down. Couls you let me know again what your bet was by email preferably, I might just have a pop at it. TIA

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Like Chickens Legs it is hoped you are half joking. How arrogant could a person be after causing her family so many issues to dare taking the moral high ground on anything. Hopefully she is at least being financially responsible from now, or steps can be taken to make her be financially responsible if that is possible, so you can relax with the nice things you have. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Door needs a new panel. Robert seems non the worse for the ordeal.

I think you can fix that.:laugh:

a little bit of glue . duct tape, a bit of Armorall, and a new truck should have  it look like brand new. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

If you are serious (I hope you are just exaggerating) it's time to get out of that abusive relationship. If you think Mildred is in danger, take her with you - if not, leave her with her mother.  

Losing your investments (land, property) behind is tough to deal with, but you could start again and have a good life if you have 800.000 in the bank or a monthly income of 65,000  - or can afford to use an agent.

Best of luck Owl.

Thanks for the advice CL.

I do get regular beatings. I'm a big strong lad and can take it. But I'm not keen on getting whacked when I'm driving.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

I think you can fix that.:laugh:

a little bit of glue . duct tape, a bit of Armorall, and a new truck should have  it look like brand new. :tongue:

It looks terrible ,but a bit of superglue and stick silver tape will make it look better. I reckon I can get a panel though. No rush. I don't sit that side, so it'll be the Mrs' moaning that will spring me into action for the panel.

Mildred off school today. I'll get her to help me fix it up.