Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Diary of a farang in Isaan

owl sees all

I threw “teelak” @ my wife last night, she’d been out all day working as a cleaner with her Thai friend.

”I missed you teelak” 
She looked at me and burst out laughing ! 
“Who you talk to ? Who teach you ?

”A wise old owl, teelak” ????

I need to keep her on her toes... ???????? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Have you ever tried having sex in a sugar field?

Stalks poking you from beneath. Razor sharp sugar leaves cutting you (and the lovely lady) to shreds. Bugs trying to get into any places that might hold food. Snakes on the lookout for dinner. The farmer seeking out the rats; with his gun. The hired hands spraying glyphosphate everywhere. And the ladies husband calling out "teelak, teelak."

Of course you haven't. It's just not worth the agro'. Don't try it Kadilo. Not that you would.

Oh, the images conjured... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Ah..so the thread has turned soft core?

I always knew it would.I used to say "Algernon,mark me well..this topic is bound to go bottoms up!"

Some people have all the luck..

I do like you choice of worms there: 'bound' and 'bottoms'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only one choice Owl... laugh or cry...

Im lucky, my wife has decided that when she wins lotto she will buy me 7 Mia noi ????

I told her I only need 5... plus her and 1 night off... ????????

”No darling, 7 ! “

Maybe she is playing the long game... ?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Oh dear Ody!

I was accused by Mrs Owl of having sex in the sugar field. That field has just been turned into a euca plantation.

Well, that explains her disapproval of the eucas, you’re just covering your tracks ! ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HighPriority said:

Only one choice Owl... laugh or cry...

Im lucky, my wife has decided that when she wins lotto she will buy me 7 Mia noi ????

I told her I only need 5... plus her and 1 night off... ????????

”No darling, 7 ! “

Maybe she is playing the long game... ?

Oh dear HP,I wouldn't go there if I were you.

A quiet bit of fantasizing in the man cave is one thing-mandatory actually-but being a bold roistering Jack-the-lad in Isaan is quite another..

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 2:19 PM, owl sees all said:

There was me saying (a few posts back) that I had extensive pics of Som's house when he decided to lift it up one metre, and I could only find one. 

Windows 10 will not let me open one of my memory sticks where all the others must be stored.

2079793413_Lifthouse.thumb.JPG.8adb9951507f8493b014b4e822aa8020.JPG

This was a popular scene around the villages when I first got to Isaan. Haven't seen a house lifted for at least five years.

Same in my wife's village, or at least when I was married to her. They build the lower part out of concrete blocks as the floods invade the lower level. Her cousin had water marks as high as me on her walls.

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

the verbal artillery barrage which crashes around my defences from time to time.

Yes, that all makes for a jolly afternoon, na?

????

These days however, I don't say anything - seems to work. She is, apart from that, a lovely wife.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, faraday said:

These days however, I don't say anything - seems to work. She is, apart from that, a lovely wife.

Great tactics and should be employed by all PBE's (Poor Blinkin'

Expats) in Thailand...if the "enemy " has remained quiet that means he's non-existent on the radar for the time being

Hmmm..come to think of it..it works well in OZ too!????

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Been getting out and about on foot whilst stuck in the UK staying at my parents in Essex. Been averaging around 15 miles /day for the past couple of weeks but managed to clock up 23 today whilst finding some places I never new existed. 

I like to walk along the River Thames towards Southend and the pier is usually my landmark to return. Depending which route I take it’s generally around 10 miles from home to the pier. 

Today i took a diversion to Hadleigh Park/Castle. From there you can follow a footpath all the way into Southend along Leigh and Chalkwell. 

Can see a bit of the Castle in one photo as I left to move onwards 

The bike trails are in Hadleigh Park. This was used in the 2012 Olympic for the mountain bike event. The 4th photo of the rocks and the decline was part of the black run used in the event. Looked scary enough just looking down for me. 

My feet are sore as. I need to get myself a bike so i can explore more of the trails. Cycling has really taken off over here what with CV19. Never seen so many cyclists everywhere. Can’t be a bad thing. 

As always apologies for the photo quality. Click and go I’m afraid. 

Missing Thailand like crazy. No sign of any relaxation on either side as far as flying goes. I kinda wrote off this year so anything sooner will be a bonus. 

I asked the girlfriend how she would cope if I couldn’t make it back this year. She said we could meet up in Korea or Japan ????............ignorance is bliss.

She then carried on eating. 

Just had a look on google maps as I have never been to that area of the UK and that is a hell of a walk. I think I would prefer a mountain bike for that.  Most of my 19 years in the UK was spent in West Yorkshire, with all school/college holidays spent in Sandown, Isle of Wight. 

The main thing that I miss about the UK is the countryside and small country towns and villages. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Been getting out and about on foot whilst stuck in the UK staying at my parents in Essex. Been averaging around 15 miles /day for the past couple of weeks but managed to clock up 23 today whilst finding some places I never new existed. 

I like to walk along the River Thames towards Southend and the pier is usually my landmark to return. Depending which route I take it’s generally around 10 miles from home to the pier. 

Today i took a diversion to Hadleigh Park/Castle. From there you can follow a footpath all the way into Southend along Leigh and Chalkwell. 

Can see a bit of the Castle in one photo as I left to move onwards 

The bike trails are in Hadleigh Park. This was used in the 2012 Olympic for the mountain bike event. The 4th photo of the rocks and the decline was part of the black run used in the event. Looked scary enough just looking down for me. 

My feet are sore as. I need to get myself a bike so i can explore more of the trails. Cycling has really taken off over here what with CV19. Never seen so many cyclists everywhere. Can’t be a bad thing. 

As always apologies for the photo quality. Click and go I’m afraid. 

Missing Thailand like crazy. No sign of any relaxation on either side as far as flying goes. I kinda wrote off this year so anything sooner will be a bonus. 

I asked the girlfriend how she would cope if I couldn’t make it back this year. She said we could meet up in Korea or Japan ????............ignorance is bliss.

She then carried on eating. 

FE0D1645-C67F-4EDE-94CE-B052CC49C4E0.jpeg

60747D91-3AD9-452D-A498-B4A180F43687.jpeg

AE9D22B5-B9EC-4B54-ADEA-5FCB51006B76.jpeg

20D4BC07-5B20-4BC7-84EB-20A3839792DB.jpeg

AC141EF0-AA58-445D-B09B-F0919172C191.png

3D47F8A4-D118-444E-8DF8-1D8C5E0B4E22.jpeg

FDCFF14E-C008-40D1-B1F6-EAAD28E14150.jpeg

Great pics there Kadilo.

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Great pics there Kadilo.

Cheers but there was no magic there just look and click. 

Which reminds me of when my girlfriend called on skype the other day and said “you look different. Tired like you been working night and day. Not same as when you come see me”

So I reminded her she looks the same as me when she’s not using her “magic” app to take away the lines and apply make up. 

Its a sh.te day here today. Been raining all day and no chance of getting out and about. At least in Thailand it’s warm rain. 

Back offshore next week with a a 10 hour drive to Aberdeen on Monday.  Looks like BA are starting again so hopefully last time of driving. 

Take care. 

• Like 1