November 21, 20196 yr A couple of months ago I decided to go on Antabuse, a drug designed to make you very sick after drinking alcohol After a successful month off alcohol I decided the drug wasn't a good long-term option so went back to drinking again The drug takes up to 2 weeks to come out of your system according to google, before being able to drink again The past month i've been drinking every day, and the arguments with the gf have started coming back. But i'm also noticing random days of the same sickness/skin rash that I would get if drinking on Antabuse. Is it possible that this drug is still in my system? I haven't taken it for about 5 weeks..
November 21, 20196 yr Just like in Thai soap operas where spiking drinks(waang yaa) happens in virtually very episode. Ask your girlfriend if she knows something...?
November 21, 20196 yr Popular Post Skin rash is sometimes a way of your body telling you it doesn't want alcohol.
November 21, 20196 yr Popular Post More likely your gf is slipping it into your food/drink. It's fairly common, I had one live with me where I became mysteriously ill after arguments with her.
November 21, 20196 yr Popular Post While it normally takes 5 weeks to get out of your system clearance can be prolonged if you have impaired liver function as you may. "I decided the drug wasn't a good long-term option so went back to drinking again" Study that sentence. If you tuly see only 2 options, drink or antabuse, you need help. AA has meetings in many parts of the country.
November 21, 20196 yr 2 hours ago, cyril sneer said: After a successful month off alcohol I decided the drug wasn't a good long-term option so went back to drinking again Should that read, I decided to go back to drinking again so the drug was no longer a good idea? Good luck. I know it is difficult kicking any sort of addiction...
November 21, 20196 yr Author 42 minutes ago, Sheryl said: While it normally takes 5 weeks to get out of your system clearance can be prolonged if you have impaired liver function as you may. "I decided the drug wasn't a good long-term option so went back to drinking again" Study that sentence. If you tuly see only 2 options, drink or antabuse, you need help. AA has meetings in many parts of the country. thanks for this info in bold AA is not an option, i'll look into other medications which may help
November 21, 20196 yr Author Popular Post 2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said: Just like in Thai soap operas where spiking drinks(waang yaa) happens in virtually very episode. Ask your girlfriend if she knows something...? i've already accused her and she went mental at me
November 22, 20196 yr Popular Post Cyril, did you have arguments with the girlfriend during the month when you were off the alcohol? Maybe you should ask yourself what's more important -- your girlfriend or the alcohol? Would she be happier if you didn't drink EVERY day? Maybe just a few days a week as a compromise with her?
November 22, 20196 yr Popular Post 19 hours ago, cyril sneer said: thanks for this info in bold AA is not an option, i'll look into other medications which may help Why not?
November 22, 20196 yr Author Popular Post 2 hours ago, Kelsall said: Why not? full of low-lifes and I have no interest whatsover in what others have to say i've also heard it's a cult filled with lonely people who don't even have a drink problem going off topic here...
November 22, 20196 yr 21 hours ago, cyril sneer said: i've already accused her and she went mental at me now I have another good reason to keep sleeping alone, after sex she goes back to her place... 555
November 22, 20196 yr 18 minutes ago, cyril sneer said: full of low-lifes and I have no interest whatsover in what others have to say i've also heard it's a cult filled with lonely people who don't even have a drink problem Well whatever you do, don't join DAMM (Drunks Against Mad Mothers)
November 22, 20196 yr Popular Post 21 hours ago, cyril sneer said: i've already accused her and she went mental at me Best not to accuse, I'd just eat out a lot more. Or eat only 7-11 meals, or from cans and sealed bottles you opened for a while.
November 22, 20196 yr 2 hours ago, NancyL said: Maybe you should ask yourself what's more important -- your girlfriend or the alcohol? I could live without a gf ....... but I couldn't live without alcohol.
November 23, 20196 yr Popular Post 20 hours ago, cyril sneer said: full of low-lifes and I have no interest whatsover in what others have to say i've also heard it's a cult filled with lonely people who don't even have a drink problem going off topic here... Cyril, sounds like you have some serious issues other than alcohol addiction! You need help my friend. I hope you'll drop that big ego of yours, humble yourself and seek therapy of some sort. Otherwise, I can tell you exactly where you're headed. Been there....done that, and lost everything I owned. Believe me...you don't want to go there! The booze will take you further than you want to go and make you stay longer than you want to stay!
November 23, 20196 yr Popular Post On 11/21/2019 at 1:48 PM, cyril sneer said: AA is not an option, i'll look into other medications which may help Medication wont help if you don't want to stop. Try change to weed instead of alcohol.
November 23, 20196 yr Take the contents of the drink for lab analysis. You will know what she is doing to you.
November 23, 20196 yr Popular Post 21 hours ago, BritManToo said: I could live without a gf ....... but I couldn't live without alcohol. Both should be treated the same way - go to bar, consume what you need, go home....simples! ????
November 23, 20196 yr Popular Post Are the attendees at AA, which the OP mentions, "low-lifes" because they are alcohol-addicted, or because they want to kick the habit? Either way, it's a harsh choice of words for folk seeking help (and even the lonely ones just seeking some company) .
November 23, 20196 yr Popular Post 22 hours ago, cyril sneer said: I have no interest whatsover in what others have to say So??? Ops! That will then beg the question why you are asking for advice here then?
November 23, 20196 yr 22 hours ago, cyril sneer said: full of low-lifes and I have no interest whatsover in what others have to say i've also heard it's a cult filled with lonely people who don't even have a drink problem going off topic here... Have you been watching 'Fight Club' again?
November 23, 20196 yr Author 2 hours ago, fittobethaied said: Cyril, sounds like you have some serious issues other than alcohol addiction! You need help my friend. I hope you'll drop that big ego of yours, humble yourself and seek therapy of some sort. Otherwise, I can tell you exactly where you're headed. Been there....done that, and lost everything I owned. Believe me...you don't want to go there! The booze will take you further than you want to go and make you stay longer than you want to stay! I was just looking to lose a few kilos from beer i'm not downing bottles of whisky every morning
November 23, 20196 yr On 11/22/2019 at 3:57 PM, NancyL said: Cyril, did you have arguments with the girlfriend during the month when you were off the alcohol? Maybe you should ask yourself what's more important -- your girlfriend or the alcohol? Would she be happier if you didn't drink EVERY day? Maybe just a few days a week as a compromise with her? You cannot ask an alcoholic just to drink a ' few days a week as a compromise ' do you know nothing about addiction? Your first sentence is exactly the point of the matter and makes perfect sense! The OP needs to ask himself that one question! Antiabuse is satisfactory as an aid to assist a little bit, it is useless without the willpower to back it up.
November 23, 20196 yr Popular Post 57 minutes ago, allanos said: Are the attendees at AA, which the OP mentions, "low-lifes" because they are alcohol-addicted, or because they want to kick the habit? Either way, it's a harsh choice of words for folk seeking help (and even the lonely ones just seeking some company) . And the biggest drinkers in need of AA are those that are in denial, their defense mechanism is to criticize and castigate those that seek help or to say, ' I don't need help, I am not like those people ' You don't have to have a bottle of whisky under the bed to have an alcohol problem.
November 23, 20196 yr ''People change when the pain to change is less than the pain caused by the problem''
November 23, 20196 yr On 11/21/2019 at 6:58 PM, BritManToo said: More likely your gf is slipping it into your food/drink. It's fairly common, I had one live with me where I became mysteriously ill after arguments with her. I'm pretty certain my best friend here was poisoned by his wife after he discovered money missing from his bank account and was ready to go from Issan to his main branch in Bangkok to investigate. First he 'fell' down the stairs, and after that didn't kill him he was taken to hospital after he became increasingly sick, where he died soon after. Shortly before he died I visited him and asked my wife to ask the hospital if they had checked for poisons, and their response was 'just the normal ones'. What the **** does that mean.
November 23, 20196 yr 1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said: Shortly before he died I visited him and asked my wife to ask the hospital if they had checked for poisons, and their response was 'just the normal ones'. What the **** does that mean. it means it's really common.
November 23, 20196 yr Popular Post 47 minutes ago, cyril sneer said: I was just looking to lose a few kilos from beer i'm not downing bottles of whisky every morning Lost a number of friends the last one only 57 from drinking too much beer. He retired from his job and then proceded to drink (only beer no whiskey) 24--7. Died 6 months after he started doing that. They always say "I don't have a problem"
November 23, 20196 yr 21 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said: I'm pretty certain my best friend here was poisoned by his wife after he discovered money missing from his bank account and was ready to go from Issan to his main branch in Bangkok to investigate. First he 'fell' down the stairs, and after that didn't kill him he was taken to hospital after he became increasingly sick, where he died soon after. Shortly before he died I visited him and asked my wife to ask the hospital if they had checked for poisons, and their response was 'just the normal ones'. What the **** does that mean. I deduce form their reply 'just the normal ones', that they checked for the usual suspects of poison, but did not find any. That does not exclude there was poison in his system that they could not easily detect or are not commonly used. If there is another conclusion, you could have requested an autopsy with the full barrage of checks of unbecoming substances - I know I would.
Create an account or sign in to comment