Media mogul Bloomberg enters U.S. presidential race, takes aim at Trump

webfact

How can a billionaire who owns a giant media conglamorate not have a conflict of interest somewhere along the line?

How much "feel" would Bloomberg have for small town America coming from a large city.

How can it be OK to simply apologize for stop and frisk after it has ruined so many lives? For billionaires like Zuckerberg, Gates, and Bloomberg, apparently an apology is enough.

It seems as though Blomberg governs by trial and error as per stop and frisk, the ban on larger sugary drinks, and changing of political party.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Am I the only one who watches BNN Bloomberg, where ALL the women presenters are young and nubile?  (Admittedly,  admittedly, that's defo better than being fat and ugly, but still....)

ok, big massa bloomingberg is giving all da young ladies a fair chance to make da name for derselves....but first, missy, you had better show de good-looking stuff, oK?

In fact, Bloomberg insults anyone with a brain who's actually watching his bs shows by demanding that only pretty airheads get on to his tv stations.  And of course, his stations exist only to confirm the upwards movement of the stock markets.  Has anyone ever seen, on Bloomberg tv, a guest who predicts the coming financial apocalypse?

In other words, here is a guy whose very financial security depends on telling LIES day after day after day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It will be very hard but not impossible for Bloomberg to be nominated because democratic party PRIMARY voters are much more left wing than democrats in general. Being a billionaire per se doesn't make a person evil unless you are a communist. A strong majority of democrats overall are more or less centrist as are independents. Bloomberg if nominated would have an excellent chance of demolishing 45 more than any other choice. Like or not Americans want a strong leader and they also like a business background. Bloomberg with his legitimate business success (not based on smoke and mirrors and corruption like 45) and significant political experience as mayor of America's greatest city would make him almost unbeatable in the general. His obvious good heart in relation to health care, gun control, and climate change evidenced by significant personal action will appeal to the more left part of the democratic base if nominated. In normal times being not only a Jew but a New York city Jew would block him from winning but these are the opposite of normal times. As far as mistakes in the past any reasonable rational facts based American will greatly prefer Bloomberg having the nuclear football than the current very stable genius. 

"In God we trust. All others bring data." 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

The only good thing about this peeping-Tom's candidacy is that he will probably split the existing Dem vote, taking votes away from Biden (Bloomberg being ...er...younger and more sprightly) and from Warren (who will drift to the centre more and more as she has to respond to her weakening "leftist" position).  Thus leaving the field free for Bernie, who will run Trump very close.

Don't forget that Bernie, dicky heart an' all, has the backing of the OAC tribe.....

14 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

So no change? 

Same kind of people as Hillary and cronies. 

Too old too rich too much involved in filth. 

Give Warren a chance! ????

A chance to what?

To lose because she'll be red baited?

To win narrowly to be met by an out of control 45 who will call the election fraud and refuse to leave?

Don't believe he'd do that? He would do that. If he leaves office he's subject to indictment and prison. He'd have nothing to lose to do that. 

To win narrowly, somehow getting rid of 45, to deal with a divided congress where programs such as Medicare For All won't even be debated?

I think too many people don't get 45 in a second term is the end of American democracy. The most important goal for democrats now is to beat 45 and beat him massively. I think Bloomberg has the best chance to do that. Before I thought it was Amy Klobuchar but Bloomberg's odds would be even better.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, atyclb said:

the staunch anti gun bloomberg employs armed security for himself and family. 

and

https://nypost.com/2019/01/23/bloomberg-calls-for-more-armed-security-guards-at-johns-hopkins-university/

Has he stated that trained security personnel, the police and military should be without guns as well? Because if he hasn't then your post is only so much....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Becker said:
3 hours ago, blazes said:

Am I the only one who watches BNN Bloomberg, where ALL the women presenters are young and nubile?  (Admittedly,  admittedly, that's defo better than being fat and ugly, but still....)

ok, big massa bloomingberg is giving all da young ladies a fair chance to make da name for derselves....but first, missy, you had better show de good-looking stuff, oK?

In fact, Bloomberg insults anyone with a brain who's actually watching his bs shows by demanding that only pretty airheads get on to his tv stations.  And of course, his stations exist only to confirm the upwards movement of the stock markets.  Has anyone ever seen, on Bloomberg tv, a guest who predicts the coming financial apocalypse?

In other words, here is a guy whose very financial security depends on telling LIES day after day after day.

And this coming from a base supporter of the avowed p***y grabber and serial liar in the WH???

I'm in awe of the reality disconnect required to write something like that!!

a statement or opinion based upon fact does not become "false" or "reality disconnect" just because of that person's political beliefs

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Silurian said:

Someone should tell Bloomberg that if he wants to assure a 2020 victory for the Democratic candidate, then he should buy out Fox News and dump all those moronic talking heads.

If Bloomberg has the money to blast out nation wide ads, then he certainly has the money to buy out Fox News. Now that would be a game changer.

All he has to do is convince Rupert Murdoch.

12 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Someone should tell Bloomberg that if he wants to assure a 2020 victory for the Democratic candidate, then he should buy out Fox News and dump all those moronic talking heads.

If Bloomberg has the money to blast out nation wide ads, then he certainly has the money to buy out Fox News. Now that would be a game changer.

It would be a waste of money and he's not that stupid. 45 has been hinting that he is anointing One America Network to replace Fox because Fox allows some real news about 45.

Also if 45 does leave he has already hinted that he wants to start his own all 45 all the time network. His fans aren't going anywhere. Sad but true.

Edited by Jingthing

One problem with these guys is they just don't live nor have the every day living experiences that a hundred million Americans do.  They never have to worry about bills, making ends meet, health insurance deductibles, what an average enlisted military guy has to go through when sweating or freezing their butts off in some foreign country, how to afford putting their kids through college, etc.  Nothing against Bloomberg.  The man was quite a business man and I don't begrudge his success.  Just don't like the idea of so many older people being in office.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

One problem with these guys is they just don't live nor have the every day living experiences that a hundred million Americans do.  They never have to worry about bills, making ends meet, health insurance deductibles, what an average enlisted military guy has to go through when sweating or freezing their butts off in some foreign country, how to afford putting their kids through college, etc.  Nothing against Bloomberg.  The man was quite a business man and I don't begrudge his success.  Just don't like the idea of so many older people being in office.   

This is bizarre, coming as it does from a very strong Trump supporter.

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The most important goal for democrats now is to beat 45 and beat him massively. I think Bloomberg has the best chance to do that. Before I thought it was Amy Klobuchar but Bloomberg's odds would be even better.

I agree that Bloomberg has the best chance to clobber Trump based on facts, rationelle, respect, government experience, speaking ability, maturity, successful business history ........

Bloomberg has the gonads and savvy to take on Trump.

As for Warren, I think Trump would eat her alive (even though not his type).

Every time I see Warren speak, I am reminded of a school marm.