Need Help Measuring Pressure From Air Pump

Rasseru

I need to test a small air pump that is supposed to put out 3.5 psi of air pressure. I gather there are in the world gauges of some kind that will measure this. If you have one and wouldn't mind me coming over to use it, or if you know where I might be able to find a gauge that will work, I would be grateful if you could let me know, either on line or in a PM. If anyone thinks to suggest a tire pressure gauge, the answer is no, that will not work; it measures much higher levels of air pressure than the one I have to test.

I need to test a small air pump that is supposed to put out 3.5 psi of air pressure. I gather there are in the world gauges of some kind that will measure this. If you have one and wouldn't mind me coming over to use it, or if you know where I might be able to find a gauge that will work, I would be grateful if you could let me know, either on line or in a PM. If anyone thinks to suggest a tire pressure gauge, the answer is no, that will not work; it measures much higher levels of air pressure than the one I have to test.

If you can't find a gauge, could you make a U-tube with plastic hose? You could measure the head of water you can lift with your air pump and convert it back to pressure. Would 3.5 psi = 2.38 m. of water? What accuracy do you require?

are you building a bomb ? whjahhahah

i saw it some where before .

the u-tub eis one way since the Psi is small .

the other way is there is a psi gauge that is sold for tire maybe you can convert it .

you should be able to get a Psi gauge at one of the aircon repair shop -

but is not going ot be cheap -

or you can try one of the painter shop there there have a air guage to control the air flow of the compressor .

but a 3.5 psi maybe too small to measure .

one of the compressor repair shop might also carry the part s. or you can try to hunt down a second hand one ,

i will take a look out

if i come across i will update you

What is the connector on the air pump.

There are tyre guages of different types available in most of the big supermarkets. I used one glued to a Tee connector to measure pressure in a home made water rocket launcher.

If you can't find a gauge, could you make a U-tube with plastic hose? You could measure the head of water you can lift with your air pump and convert it back to pressure.

Maybe, but I'm a bit stumped, not having a clue what you are describing.

Would 3.5 psi = 2.38 m. of water?

Clueless again, at this end! :o

What accuracy do you require?

That I can answer. Not very great accuracy at all. It would be enough to know that the pressure is greater than 3.5 psi.

Edited by Rasseru

Thanks, Tatutu, for your suggestions and offer to help. No, not a bomb. Just trying to get a fancy high-end air bearing record player tone arm working again, after ten years in hibernation, that's all . . .

What is the connector on the air pump.

The pressurized air is emitted through a narrow plastic tube.

There are tyre guages of different types available in most of the big supermarkets.

Thanks, but as I indicated in my first post, tyre gauges will not work. The pressure I need to measure lies outside the range of pressures measured by tyre gauges.