DMK and BKK succes stories?

Having spent 90 days in Thailand soon (60 days SETV + 30 days extension) I will be going to Vietnam for a small holiday (a visa run by air), hoping to get a 30 days exemption stamp by the IO when I land back in DMK. I actually need "just" 18 more days in Thailand as that's where I have booked my flight back to Denmark from BKK.

Reading all the stories here about Suvarnabhumi and DMK in particular I was wondering how many of you have the good succes stories doing a visa run/exemption run using either of these airports? I realize there are tens of thousands of people going through immigration every day and we only get to hear the bad stories.

So please feel free to share any succes stories you may have below!

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you will have zero problems. May as well have print out of your ongoing flight to Denmark. You will need it for boarding pass at airline check-in anyway.

Have some cash on you. Again won't be necessary but never hurts. 

Thank you! I am really worried about being questioned and interrogated about whether I am a tourist or not only to be sent back to Vietnam... Took a break from work back home and just here for 4 months to stay with my girlfriend. Really hope I won't be rejected in DMK now that I have read all the bad stories. I was just wondering if there are also good stories which we never hear about because people rend to create a topic about it only when they have had a bad experience! 

I will carry my booked ticket back to Denmark, more than 20.000 baht in cash as well as my travel insurance papers too just in case and hope for the best!

Thanks for your reply!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Caldera said:

What's your history of visits to Thailand before your current one? That might very well matter, but that you have a ticket back home within 18 days should work in your favor.

6 entries by air in Suvarnabhumi on the 30 days visa exemption, each stay ranging from 7-16 days since July 2018.

1. July 1st 2018 -July 14 2018 - (14 days)

2. October 11 2018 - October 18 2018 - (7 days)

3. December 21st 2018 - January 6 2019 (16 days)

4. February 7 2019 - February 14 (7 days)

5. April 14 2019 - April 22 2019 (8 days)

6. July 1 2019 - July 7 2019 (7 days)

September 1st 2019 - arrived on a SETV (60 days) obtained from Denmark. Extended for another 30 days at the Immigration Office (90 days total)

TOTAL OF DAYS OF STAY SINCE JULY 2018: 149 days (entry 1 and entry 2 are now more than 1 year old, so 128 days of stay in the past 365 days)

This Friday I will fly to Vietnam and will be landing in DMK again Monday hoping for my "final stamp" to complete my 4-months journey staying here with my girlfriend before I am heading back home to Denmark on December 20.

Given this track record and the fact that I have a booked flight back home, have more than 20.000 baht in cash and a paid travel insurance, do you think (and I know you can't be sure about it) I am likely to face a denial of an exemption entry by an IO at DMK this Monday? 

Edited by PhilipL

Most of your trips have not maxed out the visa exempts, and when you come back it's only 19 days and you have got the ticket out to show, if asked. Can't see any problem.

Presume you will be back in Denmark for a while, before another trip to Thailand? 

• Like 1

I had many success story until I did not. I stayed over a year on ED visa. Came back after 2 years in Europe and was denied after my fifth month. 

From what I see the main difference is that I stayed the maximum time for each stamp and used extension. I think you should not have issue. 

Edited by Tayaout

5 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Most of your trips have not maxed out the visa exempts, and when you come back it's only 19 days and you have got the ticket out to show, if asked. Can't see any problem.

Presume you will be back in Denmark for a while, before another trip to Thailand? 

Thanks for your reply! So you think they will look for continous maxed out stays of exemptions as an alarm bell?

Yes, I plan om coming back to Thailand on February 8 2020 for a stay of 7 days during my winter vacation and will once again be counting on the exemption rules at that time. At that time I will also have return ticket to show that I will be going home 7 days later, hoping they will let me to see my girlfriend. 

4 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I had many success story until I did not. I stayed over a year on ED visa. Came back after 2 years in Europe and was denied after my fifth month. 

From what I see the main difference is that I stayed the maximum time for each stamp and used extension. I think you should not have issue. 

Thank you for your reply! On your return 2 years later, where you were rejected after an additional 5 months, on which visa(s) were you staying here gor 5 months upon rejection? Another ED visa or?

Just now, PhilipL said:

Thank you for your reply! On your return 2 years later, where you were rejected after an additional 5 months, on which visa(s) were you staying here gor 5 months upon rejection? Another ED visa or?

I stayed on visa exempt and extension. I got rejected when coming back with my first tourist visa. 

7 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I stayed on visa exempt and extension. I got rejected when coming back with my first tourist visa. 

I'm really sorry to hear that! I can only imagine the stressful feeling you must have experienced when denied entry by an IO. 

Did you obtain the tourist visa from a neighboring country at the time you flew back into Thailand? Did they send you back to the same country or were you able to choose to go elsewhere as long as you just paid and got out when you were rejected?

After rejection and depature, did you then manage to find your way back in by crossing a land border instead for instance?

Edited by PhilipL

10 minutes ago, PhilipL said:

I'm really sorry to hear that! I can only imagine the stressful feeling you must have experienced when denied entry by an IO. 

Did you obtain the tourist visa from a neighboring country at the time you flew back into Thailand? Did they send you back to the same country or were you able to choose to go elsewhere as long as you just paid and got out when you were rejected?

After rejection and depature, did you then manage to find your way back in by crossing a land border instead for instance?

They sent me back to Laos where I got my tourist visa. I came back via the friendship bridge using the same tourist visa. Since then, I got married and have a non-o. 

3 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

They sent me back to Laos where I got my tourist visa. I came back via the friendship bridge using the same tourist visa. Since then, I got married and have a non-o. 

Glad you found your way back in after all the hassle! 

Well, have you ever had any problem so far entering on the non-o visa?

5 minutes ago, PhilipL said:

Glad you found your way back in after all the hassle! 

Well, have you ever had any problem so far entering on the non-o visa?

No problem so far but I noticed they spend a lot of time on the screen and check carefully my address and phone number on the tm6 card. 

Edited by Tayaout

11 hours ago, PhilipL said:

6 entries by air in Suvarnabhumi on the 30 days visa exemption, each stay ranging from 7-16 days since July 2018.

1. July 1st 2018 -July 14 2018 - (14 days)

2. October 11 2018 - October 18 2018 - (7 days)

3. December 21st 2018 - January 6 2019 (16 days)

4. February 7 2019 - February 14 (7 days)

5. April 14 2019 - April 22 2019 (8 days)

6. July 1 2019 - July 7 2019 (7 days)

September 1st 2019 - arrived on a SETV (60 days) obtained from Denmark. Extended for another 30 days at the Immigration Office (90 days total)

TOTAL OF DAYS OF STAY SINCE JULY 2018: 149 days (entry 1 and entry 2 are now more than 1 year old, so 128 days of stay in the past 365 days)

This Friday I will fly to Vietnam and will be landing in DMK again Monday hoping for my "final stamp" to complete my 4-months journey staying here with my girlfriend before I am heading back home to Denmark on December 20.

Given this track record and the fact that I have a booked flight back home, have more than 20.000 baht in cash and a paid travel insurance, do you think (and I know you can't be sure about it) I am likely to face a denial of an exemption entry by an IO at DMK this Monday? 

I think it's very unlikely that you will be denied with your history, taking into account your ticket back home that you already have.

If I were you, I'd fill in the departure part of the arrival card already upon arrival (flight number, date). That along with the proposed duration of stay you state (18 days) should lower the chance that they question you. As said, even if they did end up questioning you, I think it's unlikely that they wouldn't ultimately admit you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

I think it's very unlikely that you will be denied with your history, taking into account your ticket back home that you already have.

If I were you, I'd fill in the departure part of the arrival card already upon arrival (flight number, date). That along with the proposed duration of stay you state (18 days) should lower the chance that they question you. As said, even if they did end up questioning you, I think it's unlikely that they wouldn't ultimately admit you.

Thank you for your advice! I will definitely fill out the departure card as well!

53 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

You would be far better flying back to chiang mai then to bangkok rather then flying to DMK....I have had a few friends denied at dmk, no one can really tell you if you will be denied or not but DMK is the worse airport to fly into if you already have multiple visas.

Yeah, that is what I understand after buying the tickets already... I have to take the chance now. I've ever only had one real visa for Thailand. Given my track record and the information above, do you, like the other repliers, think that they will let me in again? ????

Edited by PhilipL