Thailand adds to requirements for visas

7 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

So The Chinese are Going Elsewhere,Next The Taiwanese will be going somewhere else,That leaves only The Indians Left so to my reckoning there is going to be at least 40 Million of them arriving Next year,Hardly Any European's  Pattaya ( The World Famous FAMILY Resort is Empty already,Just 4 Weeks to go til Christmas.....Send in The TAT !!!

I guess nearly all of chinese tourists get a VOA and don't apply for a tourist visa at the embassy, so this doesn't change much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Last year nearly 700,000 Taiwanese visited Thailand.  Taiwan is not listed as a Visa exempt country, so all Taiwanese visitors will need to use the eVisa application.

That can get a 15 day visa on arrival that is free at this time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toenail said:

.....so the Taiwanese people I know are well educated, “Westernized / worldly” and are NOT “Cheap Charlies- many special English as their second language. 

I wonder if these new restrictions are influenced from Mainland China bossing Thailand around? 

No. As previously stated, this is Taiwan having to move over to the same crappy One Size Fits All system already inflicted on France, the UK and mainland China, the poor sods. With any luck they will vote with their feet and help cause Thailand to rethink. I wouldn't hold my breath on the Thailand rethinking score, though...

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This from their website. http://www.tteo.org.tw/main/zh/bulletin/5041/111357-電子簽證申請.html

image.png.e0b0487c6863d1fffa8c7ed5df5abf85.png

Same e visa application site as the Beijing, Paris and London embassies are using. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

Thanks Joe as you are pointing out No big deal Just bringing them into libe with all the other immigrants

9 minutes ago, lkv said:

If they were to put Taiwan on visa exempt, Thailand would want Taiwan to reciprocate, and unfortunately, for valid reasons, that will not happen.

According to a paper I am not allowed to link to, Taiwan extended visa free travel for Thais on August the first, for another year, until July 2020. Hopefully after that the Taiwanese authorities will take a good hard look at their visa free arrangements. 

14 minutes ago, baboon said:

According to a paper I am not allowed to link to, Taiwan extended visa free travel for Thais on August the first, for another year, until July 2020. Hopefully after that the Taiwanese authorities will take a good hard look at their visa free arrangements. 

Yes, i kept adding to my previous post. It's currently visa free travel for Thais in Taiwan, visa on arrival for Taiwanese in Thailand.

Edited by lkv

2 hours ago, lkv said:

Yes, i kept adding to my previous post. It's currently visa free travel for Thais in Taiwan, visa on arrival for Taiwanese in Thailand.

Thai's get a 14 day visa exempt entry for Taiwan.

Taiwan does not have a standard visa on arrival program but offer visa exempt entries of varying lengths to many countries.

I suspect that there are diplomatic reasons for Thailand not offering visa exempt entries for Taiwan.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, baboon said:

No. As previously stated, this is Taiwan having to move over to the same crappy One Size Fits All system already inflicted on France, the UK and mainland China, the poor sods. With any luck they will vote with their feet and help cause Thailand to rethink. I wouldn't hold my breath on the Thailand rethinking score, though...

Do Chinese not get visa on arrival?

That's strange because some western countries do... You'd think the Eastern countries would too.

41 minutes ago, SanookTeufel said:

Do Chinese not get visa on arrival?

They get a 15 day visa on arrival after applying for it. Normally the fee for it is 2000 baht but that is exempted at this time.

41 minutes ago, SanookTeufel said:

That's strange because some western countries do... You'd think the Eastern countries would too.

I think you may be confusing a 30 day visa exempt entries that those from many western countries get with a visa on arrival.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ubon farang said:

No big deal. Just bringing them into libe with all the other immigrants.

Yep, no big deal... except that so-called "e-visa" thingy (just online visa application, really) is useless piece of <deleted>, according to every poor soul who was forced to use it.

• Like 1