Democrats accuse Trump of abusing power, obstructing impeachment probe

webfact

"They do not put up a defense because they don't want to dignify the charges" keeps coming up.  Well, by responding with all their whining and complaining they are dignifying the charges.  Some idiocy is involved somewhere in this defense.

This whole thing is like a Marx Brothers movie, but without the humor.

That Nunes is a true cement-head, he's going down hard, and all the way threatening to sue whoever he can.  Giuliani may be going daffy, but he will not balk at throwing Farmer Devin under the tractor.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump apologists are a strange lot.

Bidens investigated and cleared but they are guilty.

Evidence against trump and no evidence for him and they cry he is even being investigated.

It isnt even at trial in senate stage, they just cant undertand an investigation.

Like an accused murderer should not even stand trial with evidence against him and nothing for him.

Transcript of the call between Lev and Devin, according to Devin:

Dev: hello?

Lev: hello?

... and so on for eight minutes.

And he'll sue anyone who says otherwise.

3 minutes ago, bendejo said:

"They do not put up a defense because they don't want to dignify the charges" keeps coming up.  Well, by responding with all their whining and complaining they are dignifying the charges.  Some idiocy is involved somewhere in this defense.

This whole thing is like a Marx Brothers movie, but without the humor.

That Nunes is a true cement-head, he's going down hard, and all the way threatening to sue whoever he can.  Giuliani may be going daffy, but he will not balk at throwing Farmer Devin under the tractor.

Trump will soon deny knowing both giuliano and nunes. In fact he will deny knowing anyone in the whitehouse.

He is a laughing stock the world over. Its only his position that people are afraid. Once he loses that position he will be treated with the irrelevance he deserves.

There will be some interesting books out when he is out of office. But just to spite the majority of people he will probably die from kfc overdose before everyone can see him for the leper he is.

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

He is a laughing stock the world over. Its only his position that people are afraid. Once he loses that position he will be treated with the irrelevance he deserves.

You are too kind.

As we said back in the Nixon days "jail to the chief!"

7 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Transcript of the call between Lev and Devin, according to Devin:

... and so on for eight minutes.

And he'll sue anyone who says otherwise.

It could also be a simple:

Can you explain to me what you and Mr Giuliani have been up to?

7 hours ago, Tug said:

Seems to me there are some very confused posters here to watch the 2 weeks of hearings and think trump is innocent doesent make sense it’s plane as day he is guilty and with his base he is intimidating the republican Senate no more no less but on the up side he is beeing exposed for what he is for all to see common 2020!!!!

seems to me that the same TV leftists have been hell bent on removal by any means necessary while expounding at length about their self proclaimed virtues make their views better than those who disagree.

It is quite obvious any chance at impeachment means convincing evidence so that you can have a bipartisan support base. you do not have any of that, for obvious reasons.

This will backfire in spectacular fashion, then what will you do with so much pent up outrage?

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

It could also be a simple:

Can you explain to me what you and Mr Giuliani have been up to?

Which he also should not do. He is not ranking member. And then it must be disclosed.

32 minutes ago, candide said:

There is a mistake here. It's the Republicans who have put their hand in the cookie jar.????

Profit, not politics: Trump allies sought Ukraine gas deal

https://apnews.com/d7440cffba4940f5b85cd3dfa3500fb2

After boost from Perry, backers got huge gas deal in Ukraine

https://apnews.com/6d8ae551fb884371a2a592ed85a74426

I forgot this one

—Two donors to a pro-Trump fundraising committee who helped Rudy Giuliani’s efforts to investigate Democrat Joe Biden were arrested late Wednesday on criminal charges stemming from their alleged efforts to funnel foreign money into U.S. elections

https://www.wsj.com/articles/two-foreign-born-men-who-helped-giuliani-on-ukraine-arrested-on-campaign-finance-charges-11570714188

1 hour ago, Becker said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

i am a usa lifelong registered democrat.......

Sure you are....:coffee1:

why do you doubt? for me party affiliation does not mean blind loyalty. objectivity and critical thinking most important. as such with this philosophy i see no need to switch parties plus i hold great deference for JFK

if you know a way to confirm my party status i am happy to cooperate with you to settle any doubt.

33 minutes ago, atyclb said:

why do you doubt? for me party affiliation does not mean blind loyalty. objectivity and critical thinking most important. as such with this philosophy i see no need to switch parties plus i hold great deference for JFK

if you know a way to confirm my party status i am happy to cooperate with you to settle any doubt.

The vast majority of the left these days is extreme left.  No room left for rational thought.   You either blindly believe, or you are attacked, as has been the case here by your accuser.   You simply are not left enough for him.  Of course, he would almost certainly delude himself that he's centrist.

6 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

The vast majority of the left these days is extreme left.  No room left for rational thought.   You either blindly believe, or you are attacked, as has been the case here by your accuser.   You simply are not left enough for him.  Of course, he would almost certainly delude himself that he's centrist.

Trump never attacks does he. Presidents are above that childish behaviour. ????

11 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Trump never attacks does he. Presidents are above that childish behaviour. ????

Your hatred of Trump is clear and you have made that point.  But no relevance no my post, which you quoted.   If you are unclear on something , I'm happy to explain.  

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

I present Exhibit A.

A staple of the anti trump brigade.

Latch on to anything critical about trump, even if it's some tabloid junk.

of course trudeau and macron aren't fans of trump...he has hung them out to dry.

Pleaaaase ell me you have something substantial that will lead to dismissal from office.

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

Which he also should not do. He is not ranking member. And then it must be disclosed.

Maybe he shouldn't due to optics, but no crime or wrongdoing here....but it isn't as if he is calling parnas as a witness .... he has every right to ask questions of anyone, any time anywhere. If you recorded that call and something criminal was discussed, produce it. Or hold your peace forever.

Pleaaaase ell me you have something substantial that will lead to dismissal from office.

Read the Intelligence Committee's report. Or turn on the news. It's plenty substantial. Of course, it may well not lead to dismissal from office.

Just now, Cory1848 said:

Read the Intelligence Committee's report. Or turn on the news. It's plenty substantial. Of course, it may well not lead to dismissal from office.

so just some partisan, political BS then...stemming from the losers of the 2016 election?

Maybe he shouldn't....but it isn't as if he is calling parnas as a witness .... he has every right to

ask questions from anyone, any time anywhere. If you recorded that call and something criminal was discussed,

produce it. Or hold your peace forever.

What if schiff was calling parnas. He may still be called. Nunes didnt make it known. He should now recuse himself as he is involved and may well be investigated himself for that.

Content of the call is irrelevant.

I note you are not one that wants to know the truth of what happened.

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

so just some partisan, political BS then...stemming from the losers of the 2016 election?

So you dont know the evidence. You dont want to know the evidence. You dont care about the evidence.

Got it.

32 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So you dont know the evidence. You dont want to know the evidence. You dont care about the evidence.

Got it.

I have seen plenty of evidence. Real evidence that the Dems have been trying to get Trump since day one.

First the Mueller nonsense, started on a fraudulent basis with a fake dossier paid for by the opposition, full of salacious nonsense. No conspiracy with Russia....no charges brought on obstruction...yeah yeah I know...after he leaves lol.

Now, part two. No real and direct proof except the testimony of embittered career bureaucrats <deleted> off that the commander in chief doesnt rate their foreign policy advice as sound.

Partisan impeachment which the house will go through with only because they cannot be seen to back down.Senate fully prepared to host trial and let the chips fall where they may.

PS. Schiff is still saying he wants to reserve judgement if impeachment vote will proceed. This is now beyond a joke. They have no idea what they are doing or why. They're lost...torn between their baser instincts of grabbing power and listening to polls that show American people have tuned out of their charade. I predict todays judicial hearings where 4 professors (who have already decided where they stand) will drone on about their personal opinions will have the lowest viewership ever.. 

didnt realize how stupid some dem supporters are, they simply refuse to believe the truth. Everyone of those that were witnesses in the farce said trump never said anything quid pro quo, they just assumed their answers on it was what he was thinking/meant as he never said it, they even stated that trump said he didnt want anything in exchange for the money, obviously dems are not smart enough to realize what others think he meant is not regarded as proof, they need facts not guesses. Whether people like him or hate him, from all the evidence I watched none of it is any good because it is either hear say or guess work, always thought the US people were strange, even more so after going there but reading all the garbage you write in here  it is like many are mentally deranged all over their team losing an election but some of the dems in congress are smart, they refused to vote for impeachment, says it all really, the smart ones know this is a load of garbage and they are only doing it because they are scared of losing the 2020 election if they cant get him, even the polls show that people are sick of what the dems are doing, trump winning  2020 is becoming more definite by the minute. Being an aussie I am not rusted on to either side and take in all facts not just those that suit my political leaning, something you lot need to do more, look at everything with an open mind,  not just your  closed biased outlook 

5 minutes ago, seajae said:

didnt realize how stupid some dem supporters are, they simply refuse to believe the truth. Everyone of those that were witnesses in the farce said trump never said anything quid pro quo, they just assumed their answers on it was what he was thinking/meant as he never said it, they even stated that trump said he didnt want anything in exchange for the money, obviously dems are not smart enough to realize what others think he meant is not regarded as proof, they need facts not guesses. Whether people like him or hate him, from all the evidence I watched none of it is any good because it is either hear say or guess work, always thought the US people were strange, even more so after going there but reading all the garbage you write in here  it is like many are mentally deranged all over their team losing an election

Eloquently put.....the anti trump brigade think they have hard evidence....just because they saw a bunch of disgruntled

bureaucrats yak on and on about how outraged they were because they ASSUMED some quid pro quo was happening.

In reality there is no overwhelming evidence just a lot of bluster. They are going to find out the hard way what happens when you try to convict without hard evidence.

22 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Eloquently put.....the anti trump brigade think they have hard evidence....just because they saw a bunch of disgruntled

bureaucrats yak on and on about how outraged they were because they ASSUMED some quid pro quo was happening.

In reality there is no overwhelming evidence just a lot of bluster. They are going to find out the hard way what happens when you try to convict without hard evidence.

Some people seem to be trying out for a job in the trump administration lol don’t think you watch the news much lol I do and lots and lots of Americans do all this mess because trump is trying to slander a rival trump does this to himsielf he’s done imo not all Americans are marks

32 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Its a bit rich saying no hard evidence when the accused stops anyone with hard evidence to give that evidence. So that excuse doesnt wash.

The evidence so far points to guilt. Yes there is first hand evidence. You watched it, apparently, so should know it.

If you want to know if the president is clean then you should be calling for all evidence. If you do not want that then.....

30 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Eloquently put.....the anti trump brigade think they have hard evidence....just because they saw a bunch of disgruntled bureaucrats yak on and on about how outraged they were because they ASSUMED some quid pro quo was happening.

JHolmesJr. Can you answer as to why POTUS withheld the military aid to Ukraine?

"One thing has become clear: President Donald Trump illegally withheld military aid to Ukraine.  No one from the Trump administration has been able to point to any legal authority that allowed Trump to withhold the funding"   Even Trump’s defenders in the House, who have speciously claimed that the president had reasons for holding the aid other than pressuring Ukraine to investigate his political rivals, have not provided justifications that are legal"

https://www.justsecurity.org/67489/trumps-hold-on-ukrainian-military-aid-was-illegal/

9 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Its a bit rich saying no hard evidence when the accused stops anyone with hard evidence to give that evidence. So that excuse doesnt wash.

The evidence so far points to guilt. Yes there is first hand evidence. You watched it, apparently, so should know it.

If you want to know if the president is clean then you should be calling for all evidence. If you do not want that then.....

The average American looks at Biden & Son's antics in Ukraine and instantly goes....man, that stinks TO HIGH HEAVEN.

This is precisely why no one is up in arms about Trump asking Zel to look into it.

The only ones outraged are the Dems who see it as yet another front to attack trump from.

This is why it will be great to see a senate trial where grounds to look at Bidens behaviour will be 

systematically uncovered, all the dirt if any will come out and then we see if rump was right or not.

One thing's is for sure....Trump didn't ask Zel to create false charges against Biden...the way the Dems did against him.

Truth always wins...in the end.

8 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

I see we have the usual Trump apologists out again today.

Your POTUS (as he isn't that for a lot of people) has undermined the constitutional strength of the US from the day he was elected and with this debacle, is trying to say the office of POTUS is bigger and more important than the checks and balances put in place by the Founding Fathers.

Whether it's getting his people to ignore congressional subphoenas (John Eisenberg, legal adviser to the National Security Council, his deputy, Michael Ellis, Robert Blair, a top aide to acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, Mick Mulvaney himself and Brian McCormack, an aide at the White House Office of Management and Budget have all refused congressional subpoenas to appear at the hearings); or article 1 of the Constitution, which vests the House with the ‘sole power of impeachment' to which he has obstructed and directly challenged at every turn; or Clause 8 of the Constitution, which bars federal officeholders from accepting gifts from foreign governments (whilst Trump's continues to host foreign leaders in the Trump International Hotel in Washington or his attempt to get the G7 conference at Trump National in Miami amongst his many, many, many misdemeanors), his duty to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States' is obviously not there.

Whether you believe or don't believe Trump is guilty of 'high crimes and misdemeanors' there is a more important battle going on that will shape the US for decades to come. Does one man have the power and the ability to ignore congress and defy the Constitution that so many Americans hold sacred?

And let's be under no illusions, this is EXACTLY what Trump is doing. 

So cry 'pure theatre' or 'nothing to see here' but your willful ignorance of these very important points really negates all of your arguments and paints you as more anti-American than any Trump detractor can ever be as at least they have Americas interests at the very heart of their debate.

What do you have?

I'm marking you off my Christmas Card list.

15 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Blah...blah...blah...pure theatre to diminish Trump's popularity with his voting base and especially independents...not going to work...Dems may lose in a historic landslide victory for Republicans in 2020.

The republicans are toast:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/devin-nunes-says-he-doesnt-recall-talking-with-giuliani-associate-lev-parnas-after-impeachment-report-shows-multiple-call-logs/ar-BBXJXZs?ocid=spartanntp

Archived