New Nissan Truck

Clipped

I saw an article in the bk post about Ford pickups there seems to be a fault with the 5th gear cog a few owners are having a bad time with ford over this,, something to do with the poor standerd of metal used

I saw an article in the bk post about Ford pickups there seems to be a fault with the 5th gear cog a few owners are having a bad time with ford over this,, something to do with the poor standerd of metal used

Colino,

An chance of a link to that article or and idea of what date it was published, did several google's on it but came up empty.

I thought this was funny:

"Navara cannot be named as a true 4x4 as it has one serious and dangerous drawback.

Although the fuel tank shows 1/4 full at the horizontal, when descending a steep trail, the fuel cuts off, the tank gauge showing empty and the engine cuts off leaving the vehicle in a dangerous situation with no steering or brakes."

How could Nissan designers overlook that????

What else have they forgotten?

It's from the letters to BP Motoring.

i dont buy it, when decending down a steep hill there is still fuel in the fuel line that will last at idle for atleast 10 minutes as well as fuel in the fuel filter...and when 'decending' you arent depressing the accelerator so consumption isnt going to go up, theres two types of fuel pumps, those that are vacuums and gravity pumps....

he would have to go uphill, before he attempted his decent downhill...BS i dont buy it...

Today I just had my first real close up on the new navara. It looks really great and also come in a good big size I think.

What I really liked though was that the widebody version comes with the body all widened in one piece of a metal fender. Not the crappy piece of plastic like all other 4x4 pickup models got on the outside of all 4 fenders.

When making the fenders this way the body of the car IS really wider and you dont get the 4-5 cm edge on the under side of the plastic widener and to where it meets the real metal fender.

This makes it possible to fit the navara with big wide 20" or 22" wheels and lower it to the wheels almost meet the fenders. This will look so nice on this model and will also be safe as you do not need to worry about your big wheels banging up into the fenders if carrying heavy loads or on a very bumpy road.

In my opininon, excellent body work and just what i have been missing on the pickup scene.

The cab back doors are also great and should really be on all manufacturers cab models. I think nissan will gain sales with this model.

there are two versions of the navara? a standard AND a widebody? (not the frontier)

i find myself very attracted to the new nissan trucks....had a look inside one of them and was pleased to find that it was very nice indeed. The interior was nicer than i had assumed...do to seeing online pictures, but the real thing is very nice and plush.....anyone else considering this truck?

I too was very impressed with the new Navara, and recently test drove the 4X4 version, powerful performance and good build quality. Though due to costs I will possibly go for the 4x2 and I prefer the utility cab, however wife wants the 4 door version!

Costs difference here about 80,000baht. Thats a lot of "Leo"

With the utility cab,the back end will easily accomodate the motorscooter,(do'nt ask why!) which we have to take with us on the long trips away to the folks up country. The 4 door obviously has a much reduced carrying ability (only14 inches) so will have to see if we can squeeze the old Honda in.

The Toyota Vigo (which everyone seems to own around here) is also an impressive machine, I have only sat in models in the showrooms, but out on the roads many hammer past me so they seem to go well.

My current 5 year old Nissan is a reliable truck, its a non turbo plodder, so very slow away from traffice lights, but its cheap to run, insure and service and its paid for , so why purchase a new one??

Answer: The all black 4 door, darkened windows Navara that flashed by me yesterday!!

are automatics available? or do i need to puchase the top level model to get an auto? because i know toyota only offers autos on the top models.

phutoei2 do you know how much they are selling for? as im getting closer to purchasing one.

i considered the toyotas also, but theres just something about it that changes my mind when i look at it for a long time, it starts to look funny to me...right now nissans lineup appeals to me most....

phutoei2 do you know how much they are selling for? as im getting closer to purchasing one.

Clipped, this is from a price list I got from a Nissan showroom in Samur Thot (Petchabun) in early April 07.

King Cab (2 door utility cab)

SE Model (basic) 560,000 BAHT

SE 4 X4 669,000

LE Manual transmission 619,000

LE Automatic 659,000

LE 4X4 729,000

Double Cab (4 DOOR)

SE Model Manual transmission 649,OOO Baht

SE 4X4 749,000 Baht

LE Model Manual transmission 699,000

LE Model Automatic 739,000

LE 4X4 Manual transmission 809,000

LE 4X4 Automatic 849,000

I think from looking at the glossy brochure the SE is standard equipment and LE may be Luxury equipment. The differencence is airbags/ABS/EBD. You can also have cloth or leather seats, plus there is a range of goodies to tart it up!

The brochure was in Thai script (obviously) but I managed to read all the tech details. I am sure you can get a discount with some negotiation.

A friend of mine just bought a new Ford Ranger truck and the dealer added all the extras for no extra price.

Good luck, & if you are a Brit the exchange is still around 69 baht to GBP. (Nationwide BS)

Edited by phutoie2

I thought this was funny:

"Navara cannot be named as a true 4x4 as it has one serious and dangerous drawback.

Although the fuel tank shows 1/4 full at the horizontal, when descending a steep trail, the fuel cuts off, the tank gauge showing empty and the engine cuts off leaving the vehicle in a dangerous situation with no steering or brakes."

How could Nissan designers overlook that????

What else have they forgotten?

It's from the letters to BP Motoring.

i dont buy it, when decending down a steep hill there is still fuel in the fuel line that will last at idle for atleast 10 minutes as well as fuel in the fuel filter...and when 'decending' you arent depressing the accelerator so consumption isnt going to go up, theres two types of fuel pumps, those that are vacuums and gravity pumps....

he would have to go uphill, before he attempted his decent downhill...BS i dont buy it...

I think it has something to do with the shape of the fuel tank and the position of the gauge, it's not difficult to image that at a certain angle the gauge could be fooled that there's no fuel left assuming that, like in a level position, the gauge always thinks that it is at the lowest point.

There was a review in the Bangkok Post recently where one of the Nissan people didn't recommend the 174 hp version for stop and go city driving as it's pretty difficult to conrol its acceleration, and that its six speed auto was designed with having clear roads in mind.

Oh, and some computer guy in BP Database wrote when talking about recent Blackberry e-mail service problems - "crashed like a cheap Nissan".

That's a cheap shot but it underlines some serious image problems.