Car wrongly parked in handicapped space at shopping mall damaged by protester

webfact

46 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sure I don't need to say this, but there will inevitably be the usual, "Do you know who I am?" c.rap from the ones who think they're entitled to park anywhere, by intimidating the security staff.

Do you know who i am? Yes the somchai from that ugly pickup truck, you stand on the market or work in construction?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

has triggered widespread debate online over whether his actions were justified.

Sometimes I wonder what has happened to human intelligence? A widespread debate???

Morons! Of course his actions were not justified, if we do not want a vigilante mob deciding what is the best way to follow the law.

He should have taken the subject up with security, and they should have dealt with it. However, that means they actually have to do their work too, which is not the fact today.

6 minutes ago, apalink_thailand said:

Dummy. Everyone knows those spots are reserved for Beemers and Benzs.

Absolutely. Owing to their mental handicap of thinking they're entitled to do anything by having an expensive car.

Edited by bluesofa
misprit

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And then it's stuck in the disabled parking bay for even longer.

Better to jam a spud well up the exhaust pipe and let them get out of the parking bay before stalling somewhere else.

Sounds like a good idea. I searched youtube for a clip. All those I saw blew the potato out of the exhaust, but didn't stall the engine.

Perhaps this might be more entertaining:

20 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

It is not only Thailand. 

True. Difference is in other counties penalties are so severe that it hurts your backside having to pay the fine .

back in Oz , 20 years ago from memory fine was around $300, persons weekly salary 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well done Peerapong, more people like you needed.

A very large percentage of drivers dont give a rats a++e about disabled parking places, just think i can park there no problem.

I don't ever recall seeing a wheelchair or stick user getting out of offending cars.

Is there a blue badge equivalent here & if so how does it work?

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I don't ever recall seeing a wheelchair or stick user getting out of offending cars.

Is there a blue badge equivalent here & if so how does it work?

I've never seen one either, but there again I've never looked. If there was such a beast, I'm sure someone in Khaosan Road would be selling them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

has triggered widespread debate online over whether his actions were justified.

Sometimes I wonder what has happened to human intelligence? A widespread debate???

Morons! Of course his actions were not justified, if we do not want a vigilante mob deciding what is the best way to follow the law.

He should have taken the subject up with security, and they should have dealt with it. However, that means they actually have to do their work too, which is not the fact today.

I agree and also disagree at the same time !!..   We do not want a Vigilante Mob deciding what is the best way to follow the law, agreed. But this is not what happened, it was one person, sick and tired of the law not being followed. 

The response [to damage the car] was morally justifiable, he was perhaps forced become someone he didn't want to be and to do something he didn't want to do in protest - a strong decision on his part. 

It is excellent that this has gained media attention as the 'naming and shaming' in social media with 'photographs' of exotic cars in spots reserved for disabled drivers (and their passengers) was clearly not working sufficiently. 

As far as taking up the subject with security?... No, these guys [security] just don't care. They are picked off the street and employed, they are not trained, there are no standards, they are not security guards or parking attendants they are simply random guys in a uniform, with a minimum wage who don't give a Shoot. 

In the past I've stopped and asked Parking attendants / security guards where I can park, their response was to move a cone away from a disabled spot !! - No !!!... they look at me as though I'm an idiot for not taking this free opportunity for a quick and easy parking space.

And... Don't tell me all the disabled people drive Porsches, Mercedes, BMW's etc.... no Disabled people driving normal cars??? 

And... Why does there need to be a 'cone' blocking the disabled spaces in the first place????  Is the distinction between being disabled or not being vocal enough to ask a security guard to move a cone? - A civilized and mature society would never need a cone to 'protect' the space for those with disabilities and need to park closer to an entrance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1