Exempt visa question

As I know one can use 2 exempt visas per year. My question: is it a calendar year or any 12 month period? I have 2 exempt visas already (September and November). Plan to visit Laos at the end of December. Should I wait till 1 of January and then get one more exempt Visa at the border or I will need to apply for a tourist visa this time? Thank you for your replies in advance.

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Visa exempt entries are limited to 2 per calendar year at land border crossings. There is no limit by air.

You can do another one on January 1st if you have done 2 of them this year.

Thank you. That is a positive information.

Edited by Zikomat

If your plan is to spend a lot of time in Thailand, stop using those land based visa exempt entries except in an emergency. As it becomes harder and harder to enter Thailand in other ways, these land based entries become your insurance policy.

Incidentally, having been in Thailand as a tourist since September almost certainly means you will not get a tourist visa in Savannakhet, and might not in Vientiane (though you have a better chance there).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

If your plan is to spend a lot of time in Thailand, stop using those land based visa exempt entries except in an emergency. As it becomes harder and harder to enter Thailand in other ways, these land based entries become your insurance policy.

Incidentally, having been in Thailand as a tourist since September almost certainly means you will not get a tourist visa in Savannakhet, and might not in Vientiane (though you have a better chance there).

I have to agree with you but only in part. The immigration rules are changing so often that to consider smth. as an insurance policy is quite risky. 

Anyway, following your advice i will try to apply for tourist visa this time. Thank you.