British PM Johnson to win a majority of 86: exit poll

webfact

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I have to disagree - they were pathetic from the outset, screwing up daily and with some utterly massive, normally unforgivable howlers. However their two saving graces were the total lack of impartiality at the BBC, and that their ineptness was significantly overshadowed by that of Labour. 

If you mean the left wing/PC bias at the BBC (and most other MSM outlets, particularly C4 News) then I have to agree with you. Although I'm not sure how that helps the Conservatives.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Corbyn will be gone in a short time after the results are announced.

Meanwhile the UK is stuck with Johnson and his extreme rightwing backers.

Could have been worse,could have ended up with a war mongering Labour party,how many civilians were murdered in their 3 terms of office,and how many people in the uk have been maimed and murdered in terrorist activity as a result of Labour's foreign policy?

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Could have been worse,could have ended up with a war mongering Labour party,how many civilians were murdered in their 3 terms of office,and how many people in the uk have been maimed and murdered in terrorist activity as a result of Labour's foreign policy?

Just a pity that the poor and downtrodden of the UK will continue to suffer under the Nasty party who will be resurgent with a fresh wave on initiatives designed to further enrich themselves and their backers while continuing to hammer the man in the street. 

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Just a pity that the poor and downtrodden of the UK will continue to suffer under the Nasty party who will be resurgent with a fresh wave on initiatives designed to further enrich themselves and their backers while continuing to hammer the man in the street. 

Which all may be true. But the people who put up Corbyn and thought he would be electable need their heads read. 

21 minutes ago, poohy said:

Whoosh! there goes the NHS

Whoosh! here come higher prices and poverty

I !hope they are proud of themselves

The NHS is a creaking, dysfunctional mess that would be better run privately. And please don't tell me throwing more taxpayers money at it will solve all the problems.

Can you please provide a supporting argument for your second statement. Or are you just repeating Momentum propaganda, which works on the principle that if you repeat a lie enough times people will eventually believe it. Well, the British people have just shown that they're capable of seeing through the lies and making their own judgement.

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

What did Labour do for the working man in their 3 terms?Must have missed it.

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

What did Labour do for the working man in their 3 terms?Must have missed it.

Inequality and the growth of foodbanks has only worsened since 2010. We have had almost 10 years of the Nasty Party in charge and the poor have never been so precarious. 

1 hour ago, englishoak said:

be good to seal an Anglo American deal sooner than later

There needs to be fewer contacts between America and the UK. No trade deal. More restrictions of visa/entries, too. Would rather decouple from them than China.

1 minute ago, roquefort said:

The NHS is a creaking, dysfunctional mess that would be better run privately. And please don't tell me throwing more taxpayers money at it will solve all the problems.

Can you please provide a supporting argument for your second statement. Or are you just repeating Momentum propaganda, which works on the principle that if you repeat a lie enough times people will eventually believe it. Well, the British people have just shown that they're capable of seeing through the lies and making their own judgement.

• NHS run privately wont be free !! that's the point
  • Higher prices, food is imported after brexit require taxes to be paid so prices will rise 
  • Ok stronger GBP ok for some except my trips to UK will now cost more as my cash is offshore
  • Boris couldn't lie straight in bed completely untrustworthy

I understand its a democracy yes i dont like the outcome (sames as Brexit vote) but as i haven't lived there for 25 years i cant do much about it

2 minutes ago, zydeco said:

There needs to be fewer contacts between America and the UK. No trade deal. More restrictions of visa/entries, too. Would rather decouple from them than China.

Pity Blair didn,t when he went in with Bush to invade Iraq looking for weapons of mass destruction that never existed.

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

No matter what the whining of the SNP might be the last time I looked if was an election of United Kingdom not Scotland. They are a part of the whole.

The SNP might sound whining to your ears, but they will possibly represent over 80% of Scottish constituencies. The whole is rotten to the core and we will use yet another mandate to escape this corrupt union. 

7 minutes ago, poohy said:
  • NHS run privately wont be free !! that's the point
  • Higher prices, food is imported after brexit require taxes to be paid so prices will rise 
  • Ok stronger GBP ok for some except my trips to UK will now cost more as my cash is offshore
  • Boris couldn't lie straight in bed completely untrustworthy

I understand its a democracy yes i dont like the outcome (sames as Brexit vote) but as i haven't lived there for 25 years i cant do much about it

I have lived back in the UK for three years and I can assure you that private care in Thailand is way better and more efficient than the NHS.

It's not FREE, there is no such thing as a free lunch (just like all the other freebies that Corbyn promised and nobody believed). I and every other UK taxpayer pay for it through our NIC contributions. But curiously NIC is not ring-fenced for the NHS, pensions etc. It all goes into the general tax pot and could have been used (for example) for Blair's hugely costly war in Iraq. Most developed countries have a proper health insurance scheme where the premiums paid are dedicated to healthcare. There can be exemptions for the least well off.

I don't trust Boris any more than you do, but at least he was straight with the British public on his intentions over Brexit. Corbyn took up more positions on the issue than a contortionist.

39 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Inequality and the growth of foodbanks has only worsened since 2010. We have had almost 10 years of the Nasty Party in charge and the poor have never been so precarious. 

I dont agree, Ive been all over the globe and can assure you the UK poor are not poor at all, they just think they are because they are told they are..  much is free for those who cannot afford to pay, education, healthcare, housing etc even transport and Foodbanks are also a good top up for many who make bad decisions in other areas of their lives the UKs "poor" standard of living exceeds middle class in many developed countries and high end in most undeveloped ones.. Its just a high level of expectation and demand. Those who peddle the idea of poor in the UK have not been to places where there are really poor people. Rather sad and a makes a mockery of the real poor of the world that are many. 

Inequality is normal in every part nd example of nature, it is in fact the natural order of things, equality is soft speak for Communism. 

There is no nasty party, it just a name made up by an opposition to gain votes through jealousy and human nature to want what others have... thats all its ever been. .. thinking people should be above using propaganda based party titles. 

Tories just took Dennis Skinners seat as well lol

17 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The SNP might sound whining to your ears, but they will possibly represent over 80% of Scottish constituencies. The whole is rotten to the core and we will use yet another mandate to escape this corrupt union. 

Unfortunately (?) they haven't yet reached the magic number of 50 seats, the point at which former Scottish Conservative Leader Ruth Davidson promised to go skinny dipping in Loch Ness

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Don't you have access to Google in Nakon Nowhere?

1 hour ago, transam said:

Again showing your real self, totally lost today so you revert to something like that....

Chummy, other folk are reading, not just me.......????

PS. Stay away from hammers and sickles today, I worry about you....????

Couldn't  references to "Nakon Nowhere" be construed as somewhat racist?  

Just thought I would mention it in the light of some recent posts...

8 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Has grief counselling been scheduled yet for posters such as Chomper Higgot?

I am prepared to help them face reality, only fair given the amount of time and band width which they have expended on pointing out to us how wrong we have been.

9 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Unfortunately (?) they haven't yet reached the magic number of 50 seats, the point at which former Scottish Conservative Leader Ruth Davidson promised to go skinny dipping in Loch Ness

Not a mental image I needed though.

35 seats left to call.... projection is now 363 Tories 203 Labour.... 50 for the SNP

Boris has the biggest win since Thatcher and Corbyn the biggest loss since the same election... 

The excuses are over and the British people have yet again spoken loudly as could be hoped for and the mandate to lead for Boris to take us out of the EU could not be better or clearer.

We are OUT... whatever form that may take. We have a working government once again and can now move forwards and thats a great thing :thumbsup:

Archived