British PM Johnson to win a majority of 86: exit poll

webfact

8 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Others will say that the UK won today. It's all about perspective.

If one wish to be meticulous,

one would say that Mr. Johnson of the Conservative Party in the

U. K.,

won today with 44% of the votes. 

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

That is a moot point as Russian forces had already turned the tide.

44 minutes ago, baboon said:

No, no. We English won it singlehandedly...

No, no, no, it was the Americans, I've seen the movies!

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Do all you sudden Johnson fans realise this means a soft brexit, even softer than May's deal, will be approved by parliament very, very soon?

And I thought to have learned here that only no deal is a real brexit.

As I understand it, most Brexiteers had compromised a long time ago on a soft Brexit - Even Farage for a period of time.

Just now, roquefort said:

Absolutely. As we always intended to do when we joined the Common Market, not a bloated, anti-democratic superstate led by unelected bureaucrats.

But the E.U.,

being a bloated, anti-democratic superstate led by unelected bureaucrats, will in no way stop the U.K. to do businesses with it, if a agreement between the 2 parties can be found. 

So the U.K.citizens may call the E.U. what they want, the U.K. government don't really care. 

And I dare to say that I believe that every government worldwide is the same. 

Citizens have the right to vote, and express an opinion, it stops there. 

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

You forget, Netherlands is already several decades an economic member state of the Bunderrepublik. Thanks also to the Germans, our money keeps its value.  Ask the many British pensionado's in Thailand, with their 65K monthly income.. in THB.

Wasn,t that long ago they were choring  your bikes.did you get yours back?

38 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Do all you sudden Johnson fans realise this means a soft brexit, even softer than May's deal, will be approved by parliament very, very soon?

will take at least half a year before you can perform a Leeb on the heap of deal papers

and estimate a Bennett placement

ie

it remains to be seen whether this Brexit will be fairly soft or pretty hard

UK is now just at the beginning of what might turn out to become a pallatable/useful/comfortable/prosperous/good Brexit

whatever, have it your way as Burger King says

36 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Do you have any link to your profound statement that it will be a "soft brexit" if you have you know more than all the interviewers and interviewees and all the experts too, I would have thought that Boris the Great doesn't even know his direction on Brexit at this moment in time.

Just take time to take in what has happened today, this will go down in history as a very important day for democracy, you have been very privileged to witness the greatness of this day, rejoice!

5 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

If you refer to Chancellor MERKEL(!) you are right. However the most difficult part is still coming, the future relationships to EU 

Symbiotic obviously. Anything else would be churlish.

49 minutes ago, vogie said:

Do you have any link to your profound statement that it will be a "soft brexit" if you have you know more than all the interviewers and interviewees and all the experts too, I would have thought that Boris the Great doesn't even know his direction on Brexit at this moment in time.

Just take time to take in what has happened today, this will go down in history as a very important day for democracy, you have been very privileged to witness the greatness of this day, rejoice!

There is no need or time to renegotiate. He doesn't need Farage anymore, he is in his heart a brexiteer as is a big part of his party.

So it will be the plan already on the table.

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Both parties will certainly go on with trading. 

The United States of Europe or whatever some British will labeled the E.U., will not be considered as a problem for the U.K. to continue, (if possible,assuming they come to an agreement) to do business with the E.U..

Many, including me, want the trading group but do not want any part of the political union. Bit late in the day I realise.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

There is no need or time to renegotiate. He doesn't need Farage anymore, he is in his heart a brexiteer as is a big part of his party.

So it will be the plan already on the table.

So you don't have a link, we can all make wild guesses, nobody knows. Boris has won 5 years in power, he can take his time in getting a good deal, the British people have confidence in him. Democracy is the biggest winner today.

13 hours ago, steve187 said:

the EU will be a thing of the past, a bit like the Incas, but thank you 

You mean " Britain in EU will be a thing of the past " ? 

For the rest, you don't know yet, but EU is satisfied; now everything is clearer, but of what I read, there is much work to do, it's not finished 

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

So you don't have a link, we can all make wild guesses, nobody knows. Boris has won 5 years in power, he can take his time in getting a good deal, the British people have confidence in him. Democracy is the biggest winner today.

Forgot, he also doesn't need the DUP anymore. Strategically very important.

Yes, you can make wild guesses, mine is far from wild. He can not take his time as you say, unless he will break another promise. And since the election was about that promise that won't happen, he also doesn't need additional time.

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Forgot, he also doesn't need the DUP anymore. Strategically very important.

Yes, you can make wild guesses, mine is far from wild. He can not take his time as you say, unless he will break another promise. And since the election was about that promise that won't happen, he also doesn't need additional time.

You have an opinion and your opinion in my opinion is the not liking of Boris, I feel it has skewered your opinion, whilst my opinion of Boris is that his hand is considerable stronger than it was 24hrs ago, which is fact.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Nigel Farage made it very clear in his interview with Andrew Neil that he would not support the Boris agreement with the EU. However, he would now settle for half a loaf rather than none. All the more amusing then that most of our forum Hard Brexit supporters of either UKIP or the Brexit Party are now turning up this morning as newly minted Boris supporters. Maybe memories the size of a budgie's is the problem.

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Nigel Farage made it very clear in his interview with Andrew Neil that he would not support the Boris agreement with the EU. However, he would now settle for half a loaf rather than none. All the more amusing then that most of our forum Hard Brexit supporters of either UKIP or the Brexit Party are now turning up this morning as newly minted Boris supporters. Maybe memories the size of a budgie is the problem.

Getting the post mortems in early SW, I blame the party slogans, the Tories had "Let's get Brexit Done" and Labour had "Will you let me Finish" ????????????

18 minutes ago, vogie said:

You have an opinion and your opinion in my opinion is the not liking of Boris, I feel it has skewered your opinion, whilst my opinion of Boris is that his hand is considerable stronger than it was 24hrs ago, which is fact.

You're wrong, I do not 'not like Boris'.

9 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Nigel Farage made it very clear in his interview with Andrew Neil that he would not support the Boris agreement with the EU. However, he would now settle for half a loaf rather than none. All the more amusing then that most of our forum Hard Brexit supporters of either UKIP or the Brexit Party are now turning up this morning as newly minted Boris supporters. Maybe memories the size of a budgie's is the problem.

A budgie memory is not that bad.

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Better being free than a vassal state of the German EU having to do what they tell you, no better than slavery

I think the Northern Irish, especially the DUP, and the Scotish agree with what you wrote.

For the Dutch.. I think our influece on the Germans is relatively more that the comparisson of  17 mln Dutch towards the 80 mln Germans. When Spartacus was treated the same, there woudl heve never been any comment from him nor his fellow "slaves". 

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Another one who doesn't bother to understand the workings of the Euro or the ECB.

Did YOU ever met a British who has ANY knowledge of how the EU works ? Me not !  Maybe too often a dense fogg in the Channel, so the continent is isolated.

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

I guess they have been forcing you to eat Ritter Chocolate.

For sure no Cadbury of Green & Black's, or  J. S. Fry & Sons, Ltd.  wholly owned by Mondelez International (originally Kraft Foods) since 2010

Or  Rowntree Mackintosh , a subsidiary of the Swiss  Nestle

Valeo Foods  is Irish

Or  Thorntons  , which is since 2015 a subsidiary of Ferrero

Ans Mars.. is US owned also….

Archived