British PM Johnson to win a majority of 86: exit poll

webfact

9 minutes ago, englishoak said:

OOO jeremy corbyyyyyn  ........ :passifier: or is it who do you think you are kidding Mr Junker ? :w00t:

Mr Juncker stepped down, and is successed by Ursula Von der Leyen. Time you British look to what happes outside your little isles.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, nkg said:

It must be pretty humiliating not to have your own currency any more. Never mind, the Germans will look after your Euros for you ????

You forget, Netherlands is already several decades an economic member state of the Bunderrepublik. Thanks also to the Germans, our money keeps its value.  Ask the many British pensionado's in Thailand, with their 65K monthly income.. in THB.

5 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

You forget, Netherlands is already several decades an economic member state of the Bunderrepublik. Thanks also to the Germans, our money keeps its value.  Ask the many British pensionado's in Thailand, with their 65K monthly income.. in THB.

Better being free than a vassal state of the German EU having to do what they tell you, no better than slavery

12 minutes ago, rott said:

And them with us.

Sure,

my point was whatever one may think about something/someone;

ethics, moral, mostly dissappear when business is involved. 

The E.U., the U.K. or whatever, is on the same level in this situation. 

6 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Better being free than a vassal state of the German EU having to do what they tell you, no better than slavery

I and many other elderly Belgians don't know the difference, in our daily life, between the period before the E.U. and after. 

We suppose that a part of our taxes goes to this E.U. thing. 

We certainly don't feel like "slaves". 

Belgium is still allowed to have his own rules and laws. 

Which vary from one country member to another. 

For example( rather important for us expats) the equivalent of 65000 Thb monthly pension is not exceptional in Belgium, it is in other member countries. 

13 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Sure,

my point was whatever one may think about something/someone;

ethics, moral, mostly dissappear when business is involved. 

The E.U., the U.K. or whatever, is on the same level in this situation. 

I don't know anyone who is unhappy with the trading group, it is the increasing move to a United States of Europe that is the problem.

18 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I and many other elderly Belgians don't know the difference, in our daily life, between the period before the E.U. and after. 

We suppose that a part of our taxes goes to this E.U. thing. 

We certainly don't feel like "slaves". 

Belgium is still allowed to have his own rules and laws. 

Which vary from one country member to another. 

For example( rather important for us expats) the equivalent of 65000 Thb monthly pension is not exceptional in Belgium, it is in other member countries. 

You would have been slaves if we had not rescued you from your German friends in WW2

9 minutes ago, rott said:

I don't know anyone who is unhappy with the trading group, it is the increasing move to a United States of Europe that is the problem.

Both parties will certainly go on with trading. 

The United States of Europe or whatever some British will labeled the E.U., will not be considered as a problem for the U.K. to continue, (if possible,assuming they come to an agreement) to do business with the E.U..

6 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Maybe the last grumpy generation trying to weirdly turn the clock back.

Not particularly agree with the "turn the clock back". 

Unless I don't understand it correctly. 

In Ieper(Ypres) we still play daily "The Last Post", out of respect. 

Many youth don't understand why.

It is therefore a risk, that it won't last long anymore. 

Just now, nauseus said:

Resetting clocks are sometimes necessary adjustments.  

Right. One hour though or even 7+ hours across time zones. We can manage that. But Grumpy 50 year time re-set. No dice. Mind you, Corbyn led a valiant attempt to push back the clock to the 1970s. Didn't turn out too well, though the Labour Party might come back for more. He's going to try and hang around for some time like a bad smell that won't go away.

Just now, luckyluke said:

Not particularly agree with the "turn the clock back". 

Unless I don't understand it correctly. 

In Ieper(Ypres) we still play daily "The Last Post", out of respect. 

Many youth don't understand why.

It is therefore a risk, that it won't last long anymore.

You probably don't understand it correctly. Both the Hard Brexiteers and Corbyn playing on some form of protectionism to set the clocks back but economics will defeat most of what they had in mind.

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Hopefully the British voters will think over the present power of the labour Unions in the election of the Labour Party leader.

The problem there is that the Unions have something of a stranglehold on the leadership of the Labour Party. I really cannot see the likes of Mr McCluskey giving up his power/influence over the policies of, and who leads, the Labour Party.

Do all you sudden Johnson fans realise this means a soft brexit, even softer than May's deal, will be approved by parliament very, very soon?

And I thought to have learned here that only no deal is a real brexit.

Yet another victory for patriotism and the right, over globalism and the left.  Centralised management of people's lives with the Govt/Kings/Elite controlling everything, versus market based capitalism and the freedom for people to be accountable for their own lives and decisions.  The never ending battle for the people's hearts and minds goes round and round - and is heading more and more right - and less and less left.  Not impossible that Finland could have a right wing Government before I pass on.

1 minute ago, AussieBob18 said:

Yet another victory for patriotism and the right, over globalism and the left.  Centralised management of people's lives with the Govt/Kings/Elite controlling everything, versus market based capitalism and the freedom for people to be accountable for their own lives and decisions.  The never ending battle for the people's hearts and minds goes round and round - and is heading more and more right - and less and less left.  Not impossible that Finland could have a right wing Government before I pass on.

So globalism has moved from right to left?

Archived