British PM Johnson to win a majority of 86: exit poll

webfact

10 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Unfortunately (?) they haven't yet reached the magic number of 50 seats, the point at which former Scottish Conservative Leader Ruth Davidson promised to go skinny dipping in Loch Ness

She'd better hope there's no Japanese whalers in the area.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Will Corbyn choose to transition to the Lords and if so, with what title? Baron Corbyn of Great Expectations?

Surely, he would be the "Red Baron"?

Dianne Abbott could be "Snoopy"!

46 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Possibly that sounded more clever in your head than on the screen, however full points for responding, even if it is just a banality.

Stirring that lot up after 3.5 years in the other direction renders them fair game RR. You on the other hand always retain your composure and are believed to be a (relatively) good egg ????

3 minutes ago, englishoak said:

35 seats left to call.... projection is now 363 Tories 203 Labour.... 50 for the SNP

Boris has the biggest win since Thatcher and Corbyn the biggest loss since the same election... 

The excuses are over and the British people have yet again spoken loudly as could be hoped for and the mandate to lead for Boris to take us out of the EU could not be better or clearer.

We are OUT... whatever form that may take. We have a working government once again and can now move forwards and thats a great thing :thumbsup:

getting out will prove to have been the easy part, trade relations with the EU will be the hard bit.

Just now, Somewhere In Time said:

Good for Tories...Good for Boris...Good for Brexit...Good for the pound-baht exchange rate!

SIT

Not just the Pound, the Euro has also climbed but I fear that this will all fade back into the fog after a few days, this was just the euphoria that Labour didn't win and there is no hung parliament, no sooner have the sekt glasses been cleared away I fear that both the Pound and Euro will drop again, much of the climb was due to the dollar falling and a USA/China deal being more likely.

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

getting out will prove to have been the easy part, trade relations with the EU will be the hard bit.

Not for the people trying to get on with life and business, the hard part was the past 3,5 years of spinning around going nowhere but up our own A** and putting down the communists and anti democrats there is a clear mandate now and with it direction.

You have to go back to Atley in 1935 for a worse Labour defeat .... THATS EPIC .... ohhh jeremy Corbyn

34 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Unfortunately (?) they haven't yet reached the magic number of 50 seats, the point at which former Scottish Conservative Leader Ruth Davidson promised to go skinny dipping in Loch Ness

SNP can only reach 49 seats now.

Nessie will be pleased.:biggrin:

1 hour ago, englishoak said:

So I posted details you can check.... off you go, find and post some facts people can check instead of just making your claim. 

Propaganda im not interested in, I am however being a supporter of Scottish independence happy to see your claims turned into facts. Off you go..

There you go:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/union-has-cost-scotland-pound64bn-over-30-years-j7fvpblm367

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Congratulations to the Tories and the Brexit bunch. But please don't let it go to your heads. It seems to me this was much more about what people don't want (Corbyn) than what they do want. 

You are wrong. It wasn't the messenger, it was the message. We have been here before with Labour. People in the UK will not vote en masse for extreme far left or far right policies.

Labour will have to shift to the centre. It will be difficult whilst Momentum carry so much weight in the party. Expect the unions; who bankroll Labour; to be more assertive. Money talks.

23 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Diane Abbot hasnt been seen or heard from all night, cant imagine why .... probably still doing the math

According to a Facebook post I read, she has been running around the Ministry of Defence, trying to find out who General Election is and what regiment.

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Congratulations to the Tories and the Brexit bunch. But please don't let it go to your heads. It seems to me this was much more about what people don't want (Corbyn) than what they do want. 

In which case it seems that they really, really, really, didn't  want Corbyn, or the Lib Dems.

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Except that johnson's great deal is also a watered down BRINO. With a Customs border in the Irish sea that May's deal never had. 

But yes, a great deal for LITTLE ENGLAND.  

So enough of the election then...it hurts too much...better back to Brexit bashing...haw haw haw

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Congratulations to you. You will get the PM you deserve.

Please get Brexit done ASAP. And then stop blaming the EU for all the things which will go wrong in the UK.

And enjoy going to bed with Donald. You seem to be made for each other.

Good luck - you need it.

Many thanks.

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This poll doesn’t have to be accurate, the Tory majority it indicates is unassailable.

The UK is to get an extreme rightwing government.

Kiss welfare and the NHS, worker’s rights and social justice goodbye.

First of all....yayyyyyy...at Boris.

Second.....you seem to have lined up a Christmas devoid of good cheer.

Boris has won....and over the Atlantic, impeachment seems to have lost steam.

Time for a new board name, methinks.

Hasta la vista.

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not just me but most of the World's economists.

I've already stated that the one good thing to come out of the election results is that the Labour party will now kick Corbyn into the long grass and hopefully Momentum too. Time for a root and branch reform of the Labour party during the next 5 years then fight a General Election on the real issues as Brexit will be history and the Tory party will be taking the blame for all it's ills.

WE'LL BE BACK!

Righty Ho Arnie.

Archived