Pattaya: It's official - Pattaya tourism down the pan, Chinese off to Vietnam and Indians the last hope

rooster59

3 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Wouldn,t it be great if the Indians all went to Vietnam ? Only then might there be hope ???? This may sound racial, but I have only ever seen Indians urinating in the MIDDLE of the street, and washing their underwear in the hotel swimming pool ???? All the other races appear to rise above this behaviour.

Flew to Bali some months back, many on the plane using Thai via BKK. More families though.

15 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Wouldn,t it be great if the Indians all went to Vietnam ? Only then might there be hope ???? This may sound racial, but I have only ever seen Indians urinating in the MIDDLE of the street, and washing their underwear in the hotel swimming pool ???? All the other races appear to rise above this behaviour.

Taking a dump in the klong

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And again the 10000 Baht/day spent by Indian tourists!

10000 Baht ~ 300 EUR ~ 330 USD ~ 250 GBP per day.

Tell me where these Indian tourists are!

With this amount you could stay in a proper Swiss mountain resort, stay in Paris, London ...

they are in goa. but the indian economy buyoant ???? imo in the doldrums is more accurate.

wbr

roobaa01

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Since the middle of that month until now occupancy rates at Pattaya hotels are down 20% on where they should be.

no mention of AirBNB? then you would have to admit that thousands of the illegal less than 30 day condo rentals are going on all over Pattaya.

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Indians are travelling thanks to their more buoyant economy and many are choosing to come to Pattaya in groups of 20 - 30. Many are men. 

:shock1: I just wish tourist were more aware of their surroundings. they walk in big groups and when they stop they block the sidewalks and sometimes they just walk into the streets completely clueless that they were about to die.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

don't think the world's economy is improved that much, still seeing foreigners here in Hua Hin sitting drinking in front of the 7/11's lol..

they put tables outside the mom and pop shops as well so the drunks expats can gather. i see them when i am picking up my son from school ????

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Come back ??

To come back they would have to leave first,

and I see no reason why this should happen...??

Many have already left and not just from Pattaya up here in Khonkaen I know a lot who have left in the past year. 

I am leaving end of the month but this is more to do with Australian  pension requirements. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

They always like to blame something/someone else rather than the fact that the baht is way to high for a lot of to afford to come to Thailand for a holiday

Fair comment.  The article appears to be Pattaya specific and as we know that has it's own attractions appealing more to single men than families.  Wonder how it compares to Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui and other more family friendly resorts.

I imagine tourism is down country wide but maybe for different reasons and not just the high value of the baht.

• Like 1