Retirement extension

Hi guys 

I be very happy if someone can answer the following 

I enter thailand on 30 jan 2019 on retirement visa (12 month )which expires on 1 February..2020 would I still get 3 months entry visa and be able to renew in that period@ immigration  or have to do it by 1 feb ..much appreciated any advise ..I'm in pattaya thank you ifor ..:)

• Confused 2

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa you would get another 90 day entry when you enter the country if you do it by midnight on February 1st.

You cannot renew a visa at immigration. You could apply for one year extension of the 90 day stay from it at immigration based upon retirement if you can meet the financial requirements.

You need to tell us what type of visa you have.

If your visa is a one year O-A visa purchased in your home country then you get stamped back in for one year each time you enter the country. They should not be requiring insurance because you got your visa long before October 31st. When you do apply for a 1 year extension then you will need Thai insurance as well as meet the other financial requirements.

if you are on a non-immigration O visa then you follow what Ubonjoe has posted.

13 hours ago, Martyp said:

The words "retirement visa over 50" don't mean anything. You either have an O or an OA or an extension of stay based on either of those.

17 hours ago, Iforbach said:

I hv a,retirement visa over 50 ..thnks for replys ..

Hi guys 

I be very happy if someone can answer the following 

I enter thailand on 30 jan 2019 on retirement visa (12 month )which expires on 1 February..2020 would I still get 3 months entry visa and be able to renew in that period@ immigration  or have to do it by 1 feb ..much appreciated any advise ..I'm in pattaya thank you ifor ..:)

As pointed out, your original question has insufficient information to give you an answer to your question.  First, please not there is a difference between a "Visa" and a "Permission to Stay" - a Visa is permission to enter the country and a Stay is how long you are permitted to remain in the country, which is based on the type of Visa you enter with.

You mention you entered on a retirement visa -- technically, there is no such thing. But the term is often used to denote a Non-Immigrant Category O-A Visa (Long Stay Visa) - it is issued by Thai Embassies/Consulates in the applicant's country of residence and is for the purpose of retirement in the Kingdom and issued if you meet the financial and age requirements for that purpose. It is usually valid for entry into Thailand for one year from date of issuance and upon entry the holder receives a Permission to Stay of one year. They are also multiple entry, thus each time the holder leaves and returns to Thailand during the "Visa" validity period (Enter by date shown on the Visa), they receive another one year Permission to stay.

Other Non-Immigrant Visas have different categories depending on purpose for entering Thailand, e.g., "B" for business, "ED" for education, etc.  There is also the "O" category for "other purpose"  such as being married to or related to a Thai. This type of Visa permits the holder "stay" in Thailand for 90 days.  If it is a Multiple Entry Visa, it is usually valid for one year from date of issue and during that validity period, each subsequent entry into to Thailand gets another 90 day  permission to stay,  even if entering on last day of the Visa Validity period.  Exempt can apply at Immigration for the Non-Immigrant "O" Visa.

From your original posting and question, you could have either type. So, please look at the Visa in your passport and report back on whether it shows the category as being "O-A" or "O". At the time you entered Thailand, Immigration will have placed a stamp in your passport saying you can stay until a certain date -- it will also help if you could advise the date this stamp shows.  With this information, you should be able to receive a correct answer to your question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa you would get another 90 day entry when you enter the country if you do it by midnight on February 1st.

You cannot renew a visa at immigration. You could apply for one year extension of the 90 day stay from it at immigration based upon retirement if you can meet the financial requirements.

I don't think the OP stated if it was an OA visa obtained overseas, but he did state "retirement visa". If it is an O-A, and it is multi-entry, then would the OP get stamped in for an additional year if he exited and re-entered on the last day?

14 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

I don't think the OP stated if it was an OA visa obtained overseas, but he did state "retirement visa". If it is an O-A, and it is multi-entry, then would the OP get stamped in for an additional year if he exited and re-entered on the last day?

Yes he would but he only mentioned a 90 day (3 months) entry in the OP that indicates he has a multiple entry non-o visa.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes he would but he only mentioned a 90 day (3 months) entry in the OP that indicates he has a multiple entry non-o visa.

He said 

enter thailand on 30 jan 2019 on retirement visa (12 month)which expires on 1 February..2020 would I still get 3 months entry visa . . . ” 

hence the confusion 

• Like 2