Surprising phone call by immigration officer

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

... will the next 90 days start as the OP says, tomorrow when he reports, or will it start from the day next week when he is supposed to do his report?

New 90 days period began today (as expected). Next due day is March 15th. 

2 hours ago, Beerburi said:

Got the same call from Mukdahan Imm two weeks ago. Wanted me to come a week early for my 90 day report so she could show me how to do it online. All went smoothly and nobody broke into my home while I was away????

Not quite off topic, but here goes, sitting on the airport train at a station and almost facing the open door, a guy in either a policemans uniform or IOs, blatantly took my photo from the open door. I always wondered why.

If it was a female, I could tell myself it was because of my good looks.

1 hour ago, thecaveman said:

The person, who had called me, is not an officer but a (probably a little bit over enthusiastic) trainee.

That trainee would only have been doing what she was instructed to do by her IO supervisor, nothing to do with "over-enthusiasm" as you found out when you went there!

21 hours ago, NE1 said:

Make sure your house doesn't get robbed while you are away .

Cynical I know.  But if somebody I don't know invites me to be away from my house on a specific date , I become suspicious.

You could cheat them by going away one day before, or after and be prepared on the 'the specific date'.

2 hours ago, thecaveman said:

That's exactly what happened to me today. The person, who had called me, is not an officer but a (probably a little bit over enthusiastic) trainee. She answered my question by telling me, that she wanted to explain how to do the 90 days report online next time.

Then she said: "It's Christmas time so we have a little present for you" and gave me a chocolate bar and a pen.

Everything went very smoothly (as usual) and the whole process was completed within less than 5 minutes. 

Just bumping the OP's post since many people have posted since he posted if did not bother to read it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What I would like to know is will the next 90 days start as the OP says, tomorrow when he reports, or will it start from the day next week when he is supposed to do his report?

They will need to report again 90 days after tomorrow. Although — by law — reports become due on day 90, 180, 270 etc.

Well , they did announce a few weeks ago that they were going to make life easier for us re  TM30'S AND 90 day reports. Teaching us how to do 90 day reports the easy way, on line, is obviously the start of that process and what's to come in the future. ????????????

Edited by john terry1001
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What I would like to know is will the next 90 days start as the OP says, tomorrow when he reports, or will it start from the day next week when he is supposed to do his report?

90 days always starts from the date you report, it is never more than 90 days, though since you can report up to 7 days after the report date the actual period may be over 90 days.

Immigration can also set a date less than 90 days, Udon does it to match your expiring extension of stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1