Police picking only on farangs

sitanonchai

7 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Which scam?? It's just a checkpoint! If you have the required documents, it's just a 1 minute stop, then you get a "thank you" and you are back on your way.

I bet there is more in the story that was is posted in the OP. And don't tell me that he found nobody to translate his ticket at the Pattaya Police Station ! :whistling:

The Red Mist seems to have got you before the edit window had closed ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Which scam?? It's just a checkpoint! If you have the required documents, it's just a 1 minute stop, then you get a "thank you" and you are back on your way.

I bet there is more in the story that was is posted in the OP. And don't tell me that he found nobody to translate his ticket at the Pattaya Police Station ! :whistling:

It's like I told nothing more to the story.

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

If you have smartphone and internet access mobile or WIFI , use google lens , and if you installed Thai to English choice , let google lens scan or /and, make picture , immediate translation follows ….amazing handy

I did not know it existed, I download it and find it very handy also.

Thank you David !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I did not know it existed, I download it and find it very handy also.

Thank you David !!

If you have no internet scan anyway , and when home or under wifi  you can still use google lens to read the picture  and translation follows .I also found out by co incidence .

I used it to finally understand the Thai papers putting in lobby or elevator from condo management 

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

In case that you are having a Thai driving license the police will not be allowed to take your dl and never was allowed to take your key. ...by law
The facts are different. So just bite the bullet.
Observe the police checkpoint on Naklua road, opposite of the school. Farangs will be stopped by the reason that the rear food rests aren't folded in and will be fined. (that is not obligated in Thailand ...by law again). Then school is out. Police will stop the traffic for letting the kids out. No helmets, 5 on a single bike, the oldest one maybe a 12yo. Don't ask about their driving licenses ????

I'm relaxed.

Edited by kdrayong
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BestB said:

So he gets fined 500 baht twice in the mean time most likely broken at least a dozen road rules and got away with it but now that is it, he will not visit again????????

If hes on a motorcycle he's not drinking . But I query the use of motorcycles by visitors. There's plenty of cheap transport. And the fact remains, even if the other Thai motorcyclists had been fined, how would it have benefited him? There are loads of injustices that Thais experience that foreigners to not. Moaners should remember Thailand has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world  especially the poor and especially women.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

It's not a joke, just a big lie. :sleep:

Pattaya Police Station is not a place I often visit, but from all articles in the medias it's obvious that they have people who speak foreign languages. They everyday have to manage help requests or complaints from foreign visitors. They at least have people able to understand and speak English, Russian and Chinese.

My last visit there was last year, to register a drone, and both the persons at the reception and the officer doing the registration spoke good English. :cool:

When I went they had a police volunteer, a young man, who spoke perfect Engish and I think German too. It was a daytime visit.

6 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

They are frigthening if you are new here especially if they threat you with jail while you are on your holiday...

Really can't blame anyone to give in to those bullies.

How can they treat you with jail, IF you don't understand them?

"The police officer didn't respond to his question and at the police office there was only an older officer on duty with no English skills."

I am sure there is more to the story...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdrayong said:

In case that you are having a Thai driving license the police will not be allowed to take your dl and never was allowed to take your key. ...by law

When did that start?  I know dozens of foreigners (myself included) who had to retrieve their Thai DL by paying a fine at the cops shop.

• Like 1