The cheap pills that you buy from pharmacies here when sick

Khon Kaen Jeff

2 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Except to your digestive system.  And once you start, you have to take every last one, whether it is helping or not.  Taking unneeded antibiotics or not taking the complete dosage is what is causing the all to common antibiotic resistances over the last several years. 

Apparently that's cobblers these days, latest thinking is stopping early is ok, i read it on the BBC

On 12/18/2019 at 6:45 PM, SteveK said:

Sounds like a viral infection. Antibiotics will do nothing except cost you money and possibly give you diarrhoea. Seeing a Thai doctor will cost you money with no effect. Paracetamol 500mg tablets, two four times a day, and ibuprofen 400mg one tablet three times a day. Rehydration sachets once or twice a day with at least 1500ml water per day and simple food. You'll be fine in 48hours, don't get jipped by the Thai "healthcare" system.

Some exercise with your lady friend will also work wonders.

That is the same medicine that any doctor at a hospital or clinic will give. They may also give antibiotics as a bacterial infection may result from a weakened immune system caused by a bacterial infection - unless the hospital has done swabs to be sure either way. I find government hospitals don't oversubscribe, but private hospitals will charge for everything (including cotton buds, band-aids, etc). 

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

That is the same medicine that any doctor at a hospital or clinic will give. They may also give antibiotics as a bacterial infection may result from a weakened immune system caused by a bacterial infection - unless the hospital has done swabs to be sure either way. I find government hospitals don't oversubscribe, but private hospitals will charge for everything (including cotton buds, band-aids, etc). 

Yep. Remember one that stands out from years ago, in addition to the pills the hospital decided/tried to give me some kind of skin cream by memory, a very familiar looking one that I recognised straightaway. Again, by memory, they wanted approx 900bt when it cost around 300bt at the shop, it's borderline theft and at best an outright scam.