Anyone know a really cheap dentist in Bangkok?

zxzoomy

Just pull the thing out or have a dentist do so. Root canals can go wrong as can crowns and you'll spend far more on a tooth that isn't really needed. 

Try this for a quick fix. I did it years ago when I had to wait till the next day to see a dentist. Buy a bottle of Listerine (or anything close). Pour a bunch in your mouth and basically soak the bad tooth in it. It'll kill the bacteria that is causing the pain. Short fix trick. I woke up the next morning feeling like I had no tooth issue at all.

• Like 1

An extraction should be no more then 2,000 b.

Probably 1,000 at some places.

If he has little money he probably has no care about having a gap in his teeth.

PS:  In several countries they do it themselves.  Maybe get him drunk and buy some pliers and do it for him.

Edited by bkk6060

Oil of Clove will likely kill the pain if rubbed on the area (I had to use in Dhaka when it was Dacca and the only dentist used a foot pump drill and there was no sanitation - when border opened two months later got a flight from Calcutta to Bangkok to have removed).  But normal shophouse type dentists should not be that expensive for such emergency treatment.

Where in Thailand is he? And is he legal? Govt hospitals are cheapest option but will want to see passport or Worker ID card.

In some parts of the country the Thai  Red cross runs low cost dental Clinics.

So please indicate lication.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, petetahkli said:

I had a tooth extracted in Bangkok yesterday 800 baht.

Don't waste you hard-earned dosh. Pull it yourself.

14 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Just pull the thing out or have a dentist do so. Root canals can go wrong as can crowns and you'll spend far more on a tooth that isn't really needed.

Don't use pliers or anything metal. If they slip when the tooth is halfway out it could hurt, or even rip your tongue or lip. And forget stuff to deaden pain. It's going to be all over in two seconds.

My method is to get some really strong twine, (don't use fishing line: too much stretch). Double it up and wrap it real tight around the base of the tooth. Now this is the secret they don't tell you about. (They wouldn't want to be put out of their lucrative business). Don't try to pull it our; no! Wrap it around a piece of wood, like a cricket stump, or a sturdy bamboo stick.

Next, decide whether you are going to twist the wood inward or outward; don't want to change your mind half way!

Hold the wood above your head, place the hands about half-metre apart (or what is comfortable), make sure the twine doesn't slip, open your mouth wide, tilt the head back a little, take up the slack and start twisting. Once you hear that first satisfying 'crack' sound you are in business. Give a really good twist and Bob's yer uncle.

800 baht saved for a nice treat for the good lady.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Don't use pliers or anything metal. If they slip when the tooth is halfway out it could hurt, or even rip your tongue or lip. And forget stuff to deaden pain. It's going to be all over in two seconds.

My method is to get some really strong twine, (don't use fishing line: too much stretch). Double it up and wrap it real tight around the base of the tooth. Now this is the secret they don't tell you about. (They wouldn't want to be put out of their lucrative business). Don't try to pull it our; no! Wrap it around a piece of wood, like a cricket stump, or a sturdy bamboo stick.

Next, decide whether you are going to twist the wood inward or outward; don't want to change your mind half way!

Hold the wood above your head, place the hands about half-metre apart (or what is comfortable), make sure the twine doesn't slip, open your mouth wide, tilt the head back a little, take up the slack and start twisting. Once you hear that first satisfying 'crack' sound you are in business. Give a really good twist and Bob's yer uncle.

You're certifiably insane 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, madmen said:

Bangkok dental hospital are reasonable. He is going to need a root canal and a crown. No longer cheap with the baht strength 

He may need to get it pulled if short on cash and is only about 1500 baht 

No they aint they charged me 6k for a front filling 8 years ago. Now I go to one off Rama 2, 500 for a clean crowns from 6-8 k root canal about 4k.

Edited by Orton Rd

1 hour ago, petetahkli said:

I had a tooth extracted in Bangkok yesterday 800 baht.

And how about replacement? And implant will set you back a 100k. Better see a dentist first, I had a crown with pin done for 18k on a tooth I thought was a write off. And knowing I still have 31 teeth in my  mouth makes me feel I keep the upper hand against the Grim ripper.

But I get 75% back from my insurance. The same one Thai Immigration considers as non-existing. ????

Edited by Momofarang

15 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Try this for a quick fix. I did it years ago when I had to wait till the next day to see a dentist. Buy a bottle of Listerine (or anything close). Pour a bunch in your mouth and basically soak the bad tooth in it. It'll kill the bacteria that is causing the pain. Short fix trick. I woke up the next morning feeling like I had no tooth issue at all.

Of course, too much Listerine in the blood can have strange consequences.

thumbnail_listerine.jpg.a9cc5b9baa7c30e9dc2acf16e1840073.jpg

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

As a retired dentist, I can say the other guy nailed it and you are insane. Some anterior teeth affected by gum disease are removed in seconds but try taking out middle (premolars) or back teeth (molars) with string and it ain’t gonna work. Possibly snap the crown off and then you are really up a creek. See a real dentist. And dental students are good for cleanings, but knowing what I know, I wouldn’t have any work other than cleanings done at the university. You want a student that is just learning how to numb work on your teeth? Go ahead. I have better knowledge of what takes place and yes deeper pockets but just offering advice.  A dental student is very limited in their skills going thru school.

Edited by Gerald Smith
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gerald Smith said:

As a retired dentist, I can say the other guy nailed it and you are insane. Some anterior teeth affected by gum disease are removed in seconds but try taking out middle (premolars) or back teeth (molars) with string and it ain’t gonna work. Possibly snap the crown off and then you are really up a creek. See a real dentist. And dental students are good for cleanings, but knowing what I know, I wouldn’t have any work other than cleanings done at the university. You want a student that is just learning how to numb work on your teeth? Go ahead. I have better knowledge of what takes place and yes deeper pockets but just offering advice.  A dental student is very limited in their skills going thru school.

You are a retired dentist then Gerald eh? Then you will know that in terms of 'trustworthyness' you lot rank alongside lawers and bankers.

People all round the world pull their own teeth. Stop being a sissy.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Alternatively just ask a mate to punch you in the face.....may take a  few  attempts but hey....your  mates  right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Where in Thailand is he? And is he legal? Govt hospitals are cheapest option but will want to see passport or Worker ID card.

In some parts of the country the Thai  Red cross runs low cost dental Clinics.

So please indicate lication.

Sorry I missed the Bangkok part. The Mahidol university dental hospital would be best choice.

https://dt.mahidol.ac.th/en/mahidol-international-dental-school/dental-hospital/