Can I use the Thai Immigration lane with my Thai Wife?

16 hours ago, johnnycthedog said:

Very wrong attitude.  What happens if your Thai partner has to stand and wait 30 minutes or more for you "non Thai" to process through Immigration?

Whilst I have never used the Thai line with my long time Thai partner I know those who do and I will certainly attempt this next time if I see a great disparity in the lengths of the queues.

They don't, they can go and sit down somewhere, and play Face.

On 12/19/2019 at 2:49 PM, Thomas J said:

Jimbob333 I have in the past several months made two trips outside of Thailand and was allowed to use the Thai lane back with my fiance so I believe the answer is Yes. 

Your are right. I came back from Vietnam a couple of weeks ago and as my wife is always in a hurry she was a few yards ahead of me going into the Thai side. The officer stopped me and said passport, I said I was over 70 and he started to look at my passport. In the meantime my wife had stopped and came back, when she stood next to me the officer said something, then with a big grin handed her my passport and waved us away.

I was through before my wife, she went to a normal lane and I went Over 70/disabled and there was only the one in front.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:26 PM, Jaggg88 said:

There is still a Thai line as Thai children cannot use the auto gates.

It is the same in UK, you have to be a certain height to use auto gates.

One time I was in transfer at terminal 5 and there were no UK/EU desks and only one Foreign Passport desk in operation, with many families in the foreign passport queue. They were picking people out of the queue based on departure time, with a 3 hour transfer window we were nearly 2 hours to get through immigration, and people complain about the Thais.