ho chi mihn visa regulations too much ?

11 hours ago, yogavnture said:

my bank is basically my credit card .................can i photo copy a page of the credit card page would they accept that

no.

they wanna see money in the bank.

a credit card statement is not money.

but you have a stupendous amount of cash on deposit.

just spend the extra $20 and extend in country.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:54 AM, ChouDoufu said:

no.

they wanna see money in the bank.

a credit card statement is not money.

but you have a stupendous amount of cash on deposit.

just spend the extra $20 and extend in country.

thats my plan.  i just figured since i was in hcmc just get the visa here. i didnt know they had gotten strict..    to be blunt everything is computerized and they know which blokes they want in the kingdom and blokes they dont want.  as i see it the thais want short term visitors with money to spend.  they dont want poor people just wanting to live here on endless visas.  

On 12/20/2019 at 8:48 AM, DrJack54 said:

Why so sympathetic to strange op attitude?

No bank would do what you suggest. In any event the OP has such enormous amount in bank? 

If was half serious would have secondary bank account. Most people have several. 

Seriously just another nonsense thread from stick in the mud type. 

dr. jack thanks for your positive and constructive comments.  i will do as you say.  i start multiple bank accts to satisfy immigration depts.  no thanks...maybe i do some somersaults and that would take place of my bank requirements.  cmon. really. this whole hell is because blokes try to live in thailand permanently by skirting visa rules.  i just want a long vacation . and as i mentioned it aint rocket science with immigration they know who is playing the game.   a month ago i was in thailand for 5 days of my free 30 days.  thats a giveaway right their im not playing the game.  if you want to live in thailand get the right visa. dont ruin it for the rest of us.  

Edited by yogavnture

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why so sympathetic to strange op attitude?

No bank would do what you suggest. In any event the OP has such enormous amount in bank? 

If was half serious would have secondary bank account. Most people have several. 

Seriously just another nonsense thread from stick in the mud type. 

Just wanted to point out that behavior is more important than we might think in Asia, to OP or whoever bump into this later.

I'm pretty certain you can request such a document from most bank exactly for the purpose of not having to disclose a full bank statement. Something similar to a bank certificate.

I would definitely try that if i were paranoid like OP and in need of over 60 days in Thailand ...

I don't agree with you last comment, this thread is full of valuable information that is bound to help someone sooner or later.

40 minutes ago, freeman01 said:

Just wanted to point out that behavior is more important than we might think in Asia, to OP or whoever bump into this later.

I'm pretty certain you can request such a document from most bank exactly for the purpose of not having to disclose a full bank statement. Something similar to a bank certificate.

I would definitely try that if i were paranoid like OP and in need of over 60 days in Thailand ...

I don't agree with you last comment, this thread is full of valuable information that is bound to help someone sooner or later.

That's your take on it and that's fine.

Fact is that there have been MANY threads on obtaining setv in HCMC.

Most if not all post positive experience.

The OP clearly does not need or want a setv. His plan from outset was to re-enter Los visa exempt to cover his 57 days.

So point of thread is exactly what?

Edited by DrJack54

On 12/20/2019 at 10:57 AM, kelboy said:

All smells a bit fishy to me.

If you have the right documentation then you get your  visa.

I thought the Thai consulate in HCMC were very good 

Things used to be good, nowhere is safe now (only Savannaket left), they required much more in Hanoi this week too and still hassled some people.
There was a couple even going to miss their flight back as the embassy insisted on additional documentation or proof that they couldn't get with application window time.

Anyway to OP: Best to get a bank statement as that is more or less the new mandatory thing. The amount isn't that high compared to some countries anyway.
Not sure why you are so difficult about sharing this information, it isn't really a secret anyway neither can they do something with it. Or you don't have it..

If you want to be paranoid and more anonymous, open a separate bank account for visa purposes, not showing all your finances.

Edited by tabarin

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Well If I am not mistaken this is a forum for people to discuss, express opinions, feelings and share information on a list of allowed topic. We are in line to that here otherwise it would have been moderated.

There is kind of a legitimate concern for privacy about having to disclose bank statement information. It is really a shame that this is becoming more and more of a requirements, there is many ways in which this kind of information could be misused.

Edited by freeman01
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Things used to be good, nowhere is safe now (only Savannaket left), they required much more in Hanoi this week too and still hassled some people.
There was a couple even going to miss their flight back as the embassy insisted on additional documentation or proof that they couldn't get with application window time.

Anyway to OP: Best to get a bank statement as that is more or less the new mandatory thing. The amount isn't that high compared to some countries anyway.
Not sure why you are so difficult about sharing this information, it isn't really a secret anyway neither can they do something with it. Or you don't have it..

If you want to be paranoid and more anonymous, open a separate bank account for visa purposes, not showing all your finances.

Can you back up bit about "they required much more in Hanoi this week" 

Exactly what has been added to previous requirements? 

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's your take on it and that's fine.

Fact is that there have been MANY threads on obtaining setv in HCMC.

Most if not all post positive experience.

The OP clearly does not need or want a setv. His plan from outset was to re-enter Los visa exempt to cover his 57 days.

pointed out that the regulations have gotten stricter over the years.........and to highlight that bank account information is personal.  dr. jack you can read minds? what is the stock market gonna do tomorrow,  my intent was to get visa here that is why i spent an entire morning at the embassy here coming up empty handed

Edited by yogavnture
s

On 12/20/2019 at 2:52 PM, yogavnture said:

i have bank statements but quite a bit of money in them and i prefer to keep that private

I have a separate bank account for this purpose.

In the past, when they have wanted a bank statement, I moved a few thousand GBP's into it, printing out a statement, and then move the money back into my main account. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tabarin said:

neither can they do something with it.

Unless you have a problem with the police, then they know how much you can afford to pay for your freedom. 

When I say "problem" that doesn't mean you have done anything wrong.  It could be a drunk Thai crashing into you and dying.  Cha ching. 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

pointed out that the regulations have gotten stricter over the years.........and to highlight that bank account information is personal.  dr. jack you can read minds? what is the stock market gonna do tomorrow,  my intent was to get visa here that is why i spent an entire morning at the embassy here coming up empty handed

Have become stricter over the years??

I live Los on extension of stays. My last tourist visa from Saigon was perhaps 7 years ago. The requirements then are same now. Fact that you bang on about bank acc details and that you would never provide that info is your business. Just means you will never get a tourist visa and certainly never extensions to a non o to live here. Not that you wish to. So go stamp your feet in corner. 

BTW. When you fly back to Los to obtain your visa exempt entry, have your onward flight ready to show airline. Perhaps your not a fan of that also, however it's a requirement. Bit like showing funds in a bank account.

Edited by DrJack54

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you back up bit about "they required much more in Hanoi this week" 

Exactly what has been added to previous requirements? 

More extensive research into people their plans, flights and finance if it came to tourists. And putting people on hold for another day + ask a lot questions in general, some were asked more but couldn't hear what except that they walked away with their heads down and missus crying.

And then still getting refusals when returning to Thailand (Don Muang) afterwards with the just newly gotten tourist visa. Stuff like that basically.
I also asked those people if they read and write on this website, they said they didn't. So I guess it happens even more than we read about / is reported.
Concluding that it is playing Russian roulette if applying for more TR visa's than once a year in the region / country.

For the non-o single entry the only additional thing is the financial proof, so nothing too crazy in that case (at least for me).

Edited by tabarin

26 minutes ago, tabarin said:

More extensive research into people their plans, flights and finance if it came to tourists. And putting people on hold for another day + ask a lot questions in general, some were asked more but couldn't hear what except that they walked away with their heads down and missus crying.

And then still getting refusals when returning to Thailand (Don Muang) afterwards with the just newly gotten tourist visa. Stuff like that basically.
I also asked those people if they read and write on this website, they said they didn't. So I guess it happens even more than we read about / is reported.
Concluding that it is playing Russian roulette if applying for more TR visa's than once a year in the region / country.

For the non-o single entry the only additional thing is the financial proof, so nothing too crazy in that case (at least for me).

So that means ZIP change. 

Most consulates are having close look at repeat tourist visas. This has zero to do especially with Vietnam. Try getting more than one setv from Cambodia. 

Re your comment about refusals DM has zip to do with Saigon consulate.

There is no change in necessary info required about flights etc. What questions leaving people head in hands????

Come on. Stop!

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Most consulates are having close look at repeat tourist visas. This has zero to do especially with Vietnam. Try getting more than one setv from Cambodia. 

There is no change in necessary info required about flights etc. What questions leaving people head in hands????

Come on. Stop!

The refusal came from Saigon, they did a second attempt in Hanoi. That is how I came to know. The difference is that they used to still be flexible and OK in VN according to more recent reports and now also seem to tighten up fully and follow procedures 100% + 10% more by interviews. 

3 minutes ago, tabarin said:

The refusal came from Saigon, they did a second attempt in Hanoi. That is how I came to know. The difference is that they used to still be flexible and OK in VN according to more recent reports and now also seem to tighten up fully and follow procedures 100% + 10% more by interviews. 

Thaivisa is for sensible advice. I can only assume that folk are having trouble with too many previous setv from this or that consulate. To post stuff about "tighten up" is misleading. BTW what's with the 10% more by interviews?

Several years back I lived here on VE and tourist visas. Last one at Saigon 7 yes back io said...."you over 50, live Thailand. You need retirement visa" True!

What do you mean more flexible?

Good luck obtain setv with history and fly into DM.

55 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Why not go in on a tourist visa?  Sure, you have to leave the country every ninety days, but it's much easier than being kicked out of Thailand for lack of enough money in a Thai bank account.

It has become increasingly difficult to spend long periods in Thailand on tourist visas. Indeed, it may shortly become impossible.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:57 AM, kelboy said:

All smells a bit fishy to me.

If you have the right documentation then you get your  visa.

I thought the Thai consulate in HCMC were very good 

They are very good, nobody should visit any embassy or consulate to apply for a visa without preparing the information they require.

I was in HCMC a couple of weeks ago for a Multi Non O, no financial requirement and no problem. When I entered the office there was no one at the window, all those in front of me were to one side either searching through bags or filling out documents, I was outside again in about 5 minutes.

On 12/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, DrJack54 said:

Come on. Stop!

thais dont want foreigners with no money living here on tourist runs its that simple. i just want one visa 57 days. thats it. but so many blokes playing the game on multiple visa runs that it hurts legitimate tourists like me

12 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

thais dont want foreigners with no money living here on tourist runs its that simple. i just want one visa 57 days. thats it. but so many blokes playing the game on multiple visa runs that it hurts legitimate tourists like me

Has absolutely nothing to do with your original post. 

You didn't get a setv because 3 reasons.

First you showed cash. Not acceptable.

Next you showed "business card" for your hotel. Is that some sort of joke. Not acceptable.

Finally you point blank will not consider anything that requires bankbook details.

Does it even register with you that your OP has something like 5 laughs, couple or sad and confused emote. 

Enter on VE and extend if necessary. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 10:52 AM, yogavnture said:

i have bank statements but quite a bit of money in them and i prefer to keep that private

What is that you want to keep private? The amount in an account or the account  number?

If it is just the account number they would surely understand if you thoroughly obliterate it.