90 day reporting new system a concern

So after the usual useless waste of time trying again the usual online 90 day reporting that worked 2 times in 5 years or so...  I went to Patong immi for my 90 day reporting..

all good BUT  when they did not produce the usual printout that normally states KEEP IN YOUR PASSPORT (anal about that right) when I asked about this he just smiled (and laughed like I was some

unknowing not up to date person) and told me its in the computer......   ok.. so I left.. now I am thinking when they charge me for 10 zillion for not reporting I have no proof..  

Guys.. anyone else and is it a concern?  you know how they are....   please comment, thanks...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sniggie said:

What is a concern is that things like this worry us when dealing with immigration. 

Very true, people worry far too much because one person’s experience is not likely to effect everyone.  The 90 day report receipt is particularly daft because Immigration should know If one had reported.  

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 9:40 AM, 4MyEgo said:

at a road check and they ask for your drivers licence, and you produce it, then they ask for your passport to see what visa your on and the receipt for your 90 reporting

Paranoid nonsense.

The only time you ever need to worry about that 90-day report is when you visit an Immigration office for an extension. (OK, maybe if you're locked up for overstay I suppose they could fine you extra, but that's the least of your worries.) Then it'd be nice to have that paper receipt in case your last reporting didn't make it into the computer. However, there's about zero chance that it's not in there, esp. when you sat there and watched them enter it.

No cases posted here (of every possible case) of anyone's having done a report and then finding at next reporting that the previous one was not in the Immigration database. We're talking millions of reports.

So, no, you don't really need a receipt except as a reminder. But reminders waste paper--you know how very circumspect Immigration is about wasting paper. ???? Anyway, why remind you, when if you're late you can be fined? You can afford it; relax.

Now if you do the report online, you'll have a receipt if you print it out.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 9:40 AM, 4MyEgo said:

, but if they do, they can see the photos in my immigration album on my mobile.

Can, but it's not been verified that photos on a mobile are in the least acceptable, sorry. Photocopies, yes, according to reports.

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Can, but it's not been verified that photos on a mobile are in the least acceptable, sorry. Photocopies, yes, according to reports.

I didn't say photos can be verified on my mobile, I said it's a way around me carrying my passport with me at all times, remember, I'm paranoid as you stated earlier.

You do what you do and I will do what I will do, besides, the roadside inspection accepted my photos as evidence enough for them to allow me to move along and go my merry way, hope you will do the same by moving on.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 5:43 PM, nikmar said:

Went to get my extension a couple of years ago. whilst my passport was in their possession, they managed to lose the 90 day reciept. I had to go to the nearest police station to get a report for a lost 90 day reciept and then re do my 90 day report. I cant remember how much it cost me at the police station for the report, it may have been free, but i was mightily p'ssed off about having to go.

From my experience they do not 'lose' the 90 day document. They remove it deliberately. With that move they can bill you 2000  Baht.

It happened to me. I deduced that I was being punished for not using an agent. No agent-no money for them. Just my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/20/2019 at 5:43 PM, nikmar said:

Went to get my extension a couple of years ago. whilst my passport was in their possession, they managed to lose the 90 day reciept. I had to go to the nearest police station to get a report for a lost 90 day reciept and then re do my 90 day report. I cant remember how much it cost me at the police station for the report, it may have been free, but i was mightily p'ssed off about having to go.

For a lost report they charged me 20 baht.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:44 PM, sniggie said:

deleted post

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 6:28 PM, tgeezer said:

Very true, people worry far too much because one person’s experience is not likely to effect everyone.  The 90 day report receipt is particularly daft because Immigration should know If one had reported.  

Evert time I do a 90 day report I scan it into my computer I can always print a copy if needed, and yes, your last 90 report will be on the Immigration computer.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 6:28 PM, tgeezer said:

We all know that  the mai pen drai is all fine and well until they make a mistake (loss of face) ot need some cash then its ALL ON YOU and if you dont have proof, YOUUU PAAAYYYYY

so, nobody else has experienced this latest no receipt procedure?

23 hours ago, Onrai said:

I went to Chiang Khan immigration yesterday to do my retirement visa 90 day reporting. She looked at my passport and said since been out of the country my 90 day reporting wasn’t required until I had been in thailand 90 days. In other words, since I travel out of the country every month to two months I won’t need to do my 90 day reporting until my 1 year retirement visa is to be renewed. 

See- Immigration.go.th. This was a very pleasant surprise to me, as long spend less than 90 days in Thailand no 90 day reporting required. 

As stated in other posts the tm-30 reporting can be done on line and there is no need to report to immigrations if you have left and returned to your Amphur. 

That has always been the case. Very surprised that you didn't know this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I didn't say photos can be verified on my mobile, I said it's a way around me carrying my passport with me at all times, remember, I'm paranoid as you stated earlier.

I didn't say you said that. "Not verified" that photos on your phone can be considered as fulfilling the requirement that you must carry "valid ID" on your person. Photocopies, yes, some official said that a couple years ago. And I think members have used them on occasion. Having a photo of your old-style DL (no barcode) has been verified NOT acceptable as a DL and by extension as valid ID.

Not to say that having photos on your phone, and in the cloud, isn't a bad idea in general and does offer that warm comfortable feeling of false security in case your photocopy falls out of your pocket. ???? I wouldn't advise anyone to rely solely on them, however. Me, I got the Thai DL, photocopies, and pink card. I ain't worried.

. . .  the roadside inspection accepted my photos as evidence enough for them to allow me to move along and go my merry way

We can't be sure this really happened the way you say you remember it. Such is the internet ????. A roadside inspection is typically just a helmet, DL, and tax paid check. They seldom if ever ask for any passport info. I've been through quite a few of them. Only times I wasn't allowed to go on my merry way were when I needed to pay my fine on the spot or at the station for a driving infraction or expired tax sticker.

Edited by BigStar
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

It might be rare, but why leave myself open to what I am supposed to do, i.e. have documents ready at anytime upon request, as crazy as it sounds, it's just the way it is.

Well the one and only time you have needed them, pics sufficed. I too keep pics on my phone of PP and Extension etc, it seems prudent. Also driving licences on the DLT App. I will admit I chuck my passport into the glove box and lock it in if I go on a road-trip. But that is more about hotels asking for it than road-checks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I didn't say you said that. "Not verified" that photos on your phone can be considered as fulfilling the requirement that you must carry "valid ID" on your person. Photocopies, yes, some official said that a couple years ago. And I think members have used them on occasion. Having a photo of your old-style DL (no barcode) has been verified NOT acceptable as a DL and by extension as valid ID.

Not to say that having photos on your phone, and in the cloud, isn't a bad idea in general and does offer that warm comfortable feeling of false security in case your photocopy falls out of your pocket. ???? I wouldn't advise anyone to rely solely on them, however. Me, I got the Thai DL, photocopies, and pink card. I ain't worried.

We can't be sure this really happened the way you say you remember it. Such is the internet ????. A roadside inspection is typically just a helmet, DL, and tax paid check. They seldom if ever ask for any passport info. I've been through quite a few of them. Only times I wasn't allowed to go on my merry way were when I needed to pay my fine on the spot or at the station for a driving infraction or expired tax sticker.

Just to clarify at the time I got stopped at the roadside, I used my overseas drivers license with the international driving permit as I didn't have a Thai drivers license at that time. I do recall clearly that after I produced both as he handed them back to me, he asked for my passport and that is when I told him, I live here and don't carry it on me as I was afraid of losing it, but had photos of my identification page, entry card, extension stamp and 90 reporting which he looked at all of them, then saluted me and waved me on.

Like I said, have no idea what that was all about, been coming here for 14 years and never happened before, even though I now have a Thai drivers and riders license, pink id and yellow book of which the later serve no purpose as far as I am concerned, but I think when I give them my Thai id along with my pink id, they are quick to wave me on.

On 12/21/2019 at 2:14 PM, Onrai said:

I went to Chiang Khan immigration yesterday to do my retirement visa 90 day reporting. She looked at my passport and said since been out of the country my 90 day reporting wasn’t required until I had been in thailand 90 days. In other words, since I travel out of the country every month to two months I won’t need to do my 90 day reporting until my 1 year retirement visa is to be renewed. 

See- Immigration.go.th. This was a very pleasant surprise to me, as long spend less than 90 days in Thailand no 90 day reporting required. 

As stated in other posts the tm-30 reporting can be done on line and there is no need to report to immigrations if you have left and returned to your Amphur. 

The 90 days count starts from the last entry. If your not in the country more than 89 days no need for a 90 days report. 

one can mail in the 90-day report...for me to send to CM costs me 55 baht total and I always have the returned statement within 6 days!  Only have to go to immigration once a year for extension and once every 6 years for address letter for driver's license!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 2:14 PM, Onrai said:

Never been any different, I believe 

12 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

The real annoyance is that the 90 day reporting can't be done online because the system only works when there's a 'z' in the month. Tried it again last week. 

What does that even mean?????

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 5:44 PM, sniggie said:

What is a concern is that things like this worry us when dealing with immigration. 

It is because they are arbitrary and there seems no right of appeal. Third world countries make complex laws that require interpretation at the local level by the boss. This makes extortion all the easier.

• Like 1