Why I can only see great things ahead for Pattaya

rooster59

27 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Unfortunately the new generations are not very attracted by the ''sex tourist'' things

Years of feminism campaigns and general moral pressure in their home country have associated

this activity to something criminal, widely repressed and socially rejected.

Plus they are all connected h24 by ''social medias'' and none of them want to be

identified as a ''Pattaya tourist'' or localised, in a way or another, in the sin city by

their family friends and all their contacts (Included professional contacts).

I had 2 friends coming here for some weeks holidays, one said at everybody he was traveling

in Japan and the other was supposed to be in Bangkok, Both was terrorised at the idea to 

have a problem here and their family and friends was aware of their real location.

They don't come anymore, it wasn't really holidays for them, too much stress

plus they was not in the bar trip, more using applis like Thaifriendly for the girls

and finaly all included (Plane, hotel, food, transports, girls and so on) they tought

it was pretty costly considering the state of disrepair of the city and without even a real nice seaside.

A friend I made several trips to pattaya with years ago made his way up the corporate ladder. Took a position as a VP for a private bank. His boss informed him that stating he was going on vacation to pattaya and Thailand projected a negative image towards the company and for a person in this position . His last trip he told them he was going to California. 

He had to adjust his emails calls etc to coincide with the time difference.

i was very leery to mention the word pattaya in certain crowds.

i have heard people ( family) speaking behind my back ( sex tourist) , young girls etc, as soon as Thailand or pattaya is spoken as a destination.

wouldnt dare mention it at secondary in customs either.

learned that straight away as a butch female IO scowled and proceeded to look into my phone and computer photos.

it was humiliating.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Years of feminism campaigns and general moral pressure in their home country have associated

this activity to something criminal, widely repressed and socially rejected.

And if they are big fat and ugly with attitude, you are not supposed to mind! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

My family member just got back from Vietnam, and said good things

about the place. Food was good, only cheaper. Resorts were

on par with the ones in Thailand. Air Travel is good, and so were

the tours. People were friendly, and happy to see you asking you to come

again, and hoped you had a good time on your vacation.  Sounds a bit like

Thailand several years ago. Good luck Thailand, and Good luck Pattaya, in

a few years you will be needing it, but by then it will be far too late.

Merry Chriatmas!!

Geezer

After 9 years travelling Asia and based in Thailand, I have found the same. Nice to see people that actually seem to be happy I'm in their country. Smiling, different vibe. Couldn't say enough about the people there. They are trying and doing a great job. I feel appreciated there. Unlike  other destinations in Asia???? 

better value. Look forward to my return.

18 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Don’t lose any sleep over it.

Thailand tourism will survive long after you have departed.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I can live in either country, or between the two countries. 

As to the survival of the Thai tourism industry, yes, there will always be tourism here, but it will be different to what Thailand has grown used to, and they will have to adjust accordingly. 

Thailand will find it difficult getting baht out of zero baht tourists. 

On 12/24/2019 at 2:30 AM, Ron jeremy said:

A friend I made several trips to pattaya with years ago made his way up the corporate ladder. Took a position as a VP for a private bank. His boss informed him that stating he was going on vacation to pattaya and Thailand projected a negative image towards the company and for a person in this position . His last trip he told them he was going to California. 

He had to adjust his emails calls etc to coincide with the time difference.

i was very leery to mention the word pattaya in certain crowds.

i have heard people ( family) speaking behind my back ( sex tourist) , young girls etc, as soon as Thailand or pattaya is spoken as a destination.

wouldnt dare mention it at secondary in customs either.

learned that straight away as a butch female IO scowled and proceeded to look into my phone and computer photos.

it was humiliating.

You are aware that Queen Victoria and her society are long dead? Sex is acceptable these days.

After all, we're here! ???? Someone's been f*****g!

((C) Bill Hicks)

On 12/24/2019 at 1:17 AM, Traubert said:

Everybody is shrieking about Vietnam but it really is a scruffy hole outside Dan Nang and Nha Trang. There is a black river runs through HCMC and it absolutely stinks.

The traffic is worse, the air is worse, once you get fed up of soup and sandwiches the food is worse, the transport is patchy at best, and the hotels are largely pigeon lofts below four stars and there's nothing to see. Their dollar/dong double menu scam would shock even the worst Thai scammer. 

By all means, if you're fed up of Thailand, go elsewhere but for Satan's sake shut up about Vietnam.

There is one great place that I've found in Vietnam in seven visits (mostly press ganged) and if you think I'm sharing that you are wrong.

The coffee is quite nice.

OR?

On 12/24/2019 at 11:03 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

My family member just got back from Vietnam, and said good things

about the place. Food was good, only cheaper. Resorts were

on par with the ones in Thailand. Air Travel is good, and so were

the tours. People were friendly, and happy to see you asking you to come

again, and hoped you had a good time on your vacation.

Just don't know who to believe??! 

oh well guess i'll just have to go and find out with (it feels like) everybody else

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 2:03 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

It's hardly world class, but there is plenty for families to do in the area.  Thai families make up a huge proportion of families using the water parks, children's play areas in the many malls and other attractions.  

Most of the things to do are not in Pattaya per se, but outside the central city area. The future of non sex attractions lies along the beach past Jomptien as far as Nong Nooch. A tram along Sukhumvit would help immensely.

The big mistake has been building large shopping malls down town when access is so restricted by roads built for a 1/4 of the vehicles. An overhead monorail on Second would help them.

Basically, IMO, Pattaya down town will never be successful so long as it is the same restrictive roading. So, either they bulldoze large numbers of buildings to widen roads, or they b****r off with their get rich schemes and concentrate on the south of Jomptien, as they will just ruin Pattaya downtown ever more than it has been ruined already.

Also, as long as the usual bunch of incompetents is running things, whatever they build will end up like the derelict marina or the awful walkway. I can't think of a single thing they have built that hasn't been a disaster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/22/2019 at 1:52 PM, rooster59 said:

when I met with other business people at the Argentinian polo cup at the Polo and Equestrian centre in East Pattaya over the weekend. Here I met many property developers, industrial to International school leaders and ambassadors; all of whom talked of a wonderful future ahead for Pattaya.

Oh la de dah

:coffee1:

Sounds like the usual suspects when money is involved ie lots and lots for them and sod all for the people that will work in their temples of greed.

• Like 1

The Vietnam/Thailand comparisons are interesting but it depends what the individual/party are looking for.

Vietnam has some good things going for it like lack of alcohol tax so you can enjoy wine, imported beers etc at a reasonable price rather than this p*ss Thailand has to offer.

Accomodation is on par. If we are talking about native food then Thailand wins although I'm partial to a Ban mee.

Locals are probably more friendly in Vietnam but that's normal as tourism in newer to them. Not so tourist tired.

If your coming for girls then it's Thailand . 

Mainland beaches are probably more enjoyable in Vietnam but it can't touch Thailand for islands.

Medical Thailand again. 

If you want cheaper and less visa issues then Vietnam is for you but IMHO Thailand is better.....for now.

Edited by Sametboy2019
Mistake
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

The Vietnam/Thailand comparisons are interesting but it depends what the individual/party are looking for.

Vietnam has some good things going for it like lack of alcohol tax so you can enjoy wine, imported beers etc at a reasonable price rather than this p*ss Thailand has to offer.

Accomodation is on par. If we are talking about native food then Thailand wins although I'm partial to a Ban mee.

Locals are probably more friendly in Vietnam but that's normal as tourism in newer to them. Not so tourist tired.

If your coming for girls then it's Thailand . 

Mainland beaches are probably more enjoyable in Vietnam but it can't touch Thailand for islands.

Medical Thailand again. 

If you want cheaper and less visa issues then Vietnam is for you but IMHO Thailand is better.....for now.

Your scorecard:

Alcohol Tax: Vietnam 1 - Thailand 0

Accommodation:  Vietnam 0 - Thailand 0

Food:  Vietnam 0 - Thailand 1

Friendly Locals:  Vietnam 1 - Thailand 0

Girls:  Vietnam 0 - Thailand 1

Beaches:  Vietnam 1 - Thailand 0

Medical:  Vietnam 0 - Thailand 1

Visas:  Vietnam 1 - Thailand 0

Total:  Vietnam 4 - Thailand 3

4 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

but IMHO Thailand is better.....for now.

You score Vietnam higher, yet Thailand is better.

Be honest, it's the Thai girls, isn't it?  ????

• Haha 2

On 12/22/2019 at 8:03 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

It's hardly world class, but there is plenty for families to do in the area.  Thai families make up a huge proportion of families using the water parks, children's play areas in the many malls and other attractions.  

Nothing to do for families here.. Pattaya doesn't even have a park you can walk around.. All family stuff is overpriced tourist attractions..

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Your scorecard:

Alcohol Tax: Vietnam 1 - Thailand 0

Accommodation:  Vietnam 0 - Thailand 0

Food:  Vietnam 0 - Thailand 1

Friendly Locals:  Vietnam 1 - Thailand 0

Girls:  Vietnam 0 - Thailand 1

Beaches:  Vietnam 1 - Thailand 0

Medical:  Vietnam 0 - Thailand 1

Visas:  Vietnam 1 - Thailand 0

Total:  Vietnam 4 - Thailand 3

You score Vietnam higher, yet Thailand is better.

Be honest, it's the Thai girls, isn't it?  ????

If it was t for the sleazy Thai woman, there wouldn't be a male in this country , period! 

End of conversation!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ron jeremy said:

If it was t for the sleazy Thai woman, there wouldn't be a male in this country , period! 

End of conversation!

im still in pattaya and i got nothing to do with woman any longer, the downsides with thailand are

1] visa if you are below 50, above 50 is pending

2] strength of thai baht

On 12/27/2019 at 5:11 AM, Ron jeremy said:

Bit of an overstatement, Ron.

I have no doubt the sleazy Thai women attract millions of sex tourists every year, and that includes the guys that come to Thailand for a 2 week romance. 

There's no way the sex trade will cease in Thailand anytime soon, but if the same "service" can be found in neighboring countries for cheaper, due to more favorable exchange rates, then Thailand's sex tourism will decline, especially has there is also cheaper accommodation, food and beverage, and nicer beaches in neighboring countries.   

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 6:33 AM, brokenbone said:

im still in pattaya and i got nothing to do with woman any longer, the downsides with thailand are

2] strength of thai baht

There's no escaping those downsides, so what will you do? 

On December 26, 2019 at 2:33 PM, brokenbone said:

2] strength of thai baht

Well at least you've come out of the closet, boys town and lady boys will keep you satisfied.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1