Star Trek Picard - It's Back, He's Back

Pilotman

On 12/22/2019 at 10:35 AM, Pilotman said:

MODs: this should be in entertainment news forum,, but the system won't let me put it there. Please move for me if you think it appropriate. 

It's going to have to stay here I'm afraid. Mods do not have system privileges to move anything to any of the News Forums.

On second thoughts I will move it to the Expat Life/Pub Forum instead where you're more likely to get a greater audience.

/Moved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2019 at 7:35 AM, Pilotman said:

After the car crash of 'Star Trek Discovery', this looks to be back to its old entertaining self. 

‘Different folks different strokes’, I guess.

Discovery has been my favorite, even with the Tardigrade & Spore drive nonsense, but isn’t that what Star Trek is all about ?  

The ‘other dimension’ stuff was cool... & Michelle Yeoh... there’s some proper kick-a$$ <deleted> (EDIT: deleted?? oh no you don’t ThaiVisa.com ‘M.I.LF’ was essential to the comment) shtit going on right there... worth watching just for that, especially as the bada$$biyatch from another dimension probably rocks the socks off every ThaiVisa reader, young or old...  

I hope Picard is good, but worry it could be a bit too Shat(ner) and we’ll hear “Engage” a little too much... 

Edited by richard_smith237
To clarify the use of M..ILF necessary purely for context & not smut (well, a little bit)
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

‘Different folks different strokes’, I guess.

Discovery has been my favorite, even with the Tardigrade & Spore drive nonsense, but isn’t that what Star Trek is all about ?  

The ‘other dimension’ stuff was cool... & Michelle Yeoh... there’s some proper kick-a$$ <deleted> (EDIT: deleted?? oh no you don’t ThaiVisa.com ‘M.I.LF’ was essential to the comment) shtit going on right there... worth watching just for that, especially as the bada$$biyatch from another dimension probably rocks the socks off every ThaiVisa reader, young or old...  

I hope Picard is good, but worry it could be a bit too Shat(ner) and we’ll hear “Engage” a little too much... 

I just couldn't get into Discovery. I will give it another go . 

On another related subject, I see on U Tube that the Star Trek 4 movie is not going to happen.  Chris Pine, who is brilliant as the young Kirk, will not play ball and all the original cast of the other movies have followed him. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

On another related subject, I see on U Tube that the Star Trek 4 movie is not going to happen.  Chris Pine, who is brilliant as the young Kirk, will not play ball and all the original cast of the other movies have followed him. 

I suspect there is more to it than that. There are loads of look alikes out there. I saw a movie with Tom Cruise's "double" in it.