Battle lines harden over Trump impeachment trial witnesses

webfact

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thanks, that had me laughing so much I almost fell out of my chair.

Nancy having her forehead refinished- classic.

You know why Nancy has a spring in her step? It's easier to walk and chew gum when you no longer are burdened by carrying a gavel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Depends upon which side you are on.

C'mon Nancy, just do it, just send those articles to the senate. They're probably never going to accede to any demands you make re trial Didn't you say it was urgent, a while back?

It would be fun if Nancy pocket vetoes it and doesn't send them. What a distinguishing place in history she will have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Any number of things could come out in testimony related or unrelated that could hurt the President or others. 

Yes, Republicans want yo protect the President and the party, just like Democrats want to protect the Joe Biden and the the party. 

There is no benefit for Republicans to call witnesses that could hurt the President. 

Why is that difficult to understand? 

Good to know, the republicans are afraid of the truth. 

maga

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

You mean like they did in the house "investigation"? 

Going to need an explanation of what you are on about here-keep in my mind my posts have purely been about why the republicans do not want new witnesses called or new evidence heard.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Depends upon which side you are on.

C'mon Nancy, just do it, just send those articles to the senate. They're probably never going to accede to any demands you make re trial Didn't you say it was urgent, a while back?

It's too much fun watching Trump twist in the wind.

1 hour ago, elmrfudd said:

No, actually it is common sense and reality that have clearly shown the irrational emotional reaction by the left to undo the election 

What you call "common sense" seems to only infect about 43% of voters.  I think that will be considered high for the brand.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 6:54 PM, choff56 said:

It's too much fun watching Trump twist in the wind.

Doubt it. he's probably having fun by tweeting stupid things and watching the haters go mental.

I don't know why this threat is titled "battle lines". A battle implies that one side OR the other can win, but in the senate there is no need for the GOP to do anything it does not want to, ergo there is no battle, given the Dems have zero say in how the senate handles it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doubt it. he's probably having fun by tweeting stupid things and watching the haters go mental.

I don't know why this threat is titled "battle lines". A battle implies that one side OR the other can win, but in the senate there is no need for the GOP to do anything it does not want to, ergo there is no battle, given the Dems have zero say in how the senate handles it.

Depends if they want to follow the oath they swear before the trial begins.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2019 at 10:06 AM, Bluespunk said:

Going to need an explanation of what you are on about here-keep in my mind my posts have purely been about why the republicans do not want new witnesses called or new evidence heard.

You mean just like they did in the house investigation? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

You mean just like they did in the house investigation? 

Nope, I mean why are they so dead set against new witnesses or evidence. It can’t be they are afraid of losing the trial as they control the senate. 

So why the opposition to new evidence and witnesses- that, and that alone, is my question. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope, I mean why are they so dead set against new witnesses or evidence. It can’t be they are afraid of losing the trial as they control the senate. 

If they have a preordained result, why waste public money and their time having a sham trial?

It doesn't matter whether they do or not anyway, as the opposition will scream either way. If they have a trial it'll be criticised for something or other anyway.

The only result the opposition will be satisfied with, IMO, is Trump convicted and in jail for the rest of his life. I see no reason for the GOP to pander to such a desire. They have nothing to lose by not having a trial and will, IMO, win in November regardless.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If they have a preordained result, why waste public money and their time having a sham trial?

It doesn't matter whether they do or not anyway, as the opposition will scream either way. If they have a trial it'll be criticised for something or other anyway.

The only result the opposition will be satisfied with, IMO, is Trump convicted and in jail for the rest of his life. I see no reason for the GOP to pander to such a desire. They have nothing to lose by not having a trial and will, IMO, win in November regardless.

i wonder why you have you written a post that tries to deflect attention from my question about the republicans attempts to prevent new evidence being introduced into the senate trial...the question was there, but you conveniently left out when you quoted my post. 

maga

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 5:07 PM, Bluespunk said:

i wonder why you have you written a post that tries to deflect attention from my question about the republicans attempts to prevent new evidence being introduced into the senate trial...the question was there, but you conveniently left out when you quoted my post. 

maga

Because I was only replying to the question I quoted.

What you just posted is something different. I didn't answer it because that question has been answered  previously, though perhaps not specifically quoting you. The same questions keep getting asked over and over and over, and the answer is always the same.

• Thanks 1