Police to summon Thanathorn over skywalk gathering

snoop1130

Police to summon Thanathorn over skywalk gathering

By The Nation

800_862bd4701798cfd.jpg

Police will summon Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit and party member Pirattachot Chantara-Khajon to Pathumwan police station on December 27 at 10 am after Palang Pracharath Party member Sonthiya Sawasdee filed a complaint against Thanathorn over a gathering on the Pathumwan intersection skywalk on December 14, Bangkok metropolitan police chief Pakkapong Pongpetra said on Monday (December 23). 

Other core Future Forward members – secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul, spokeswoman Pannika Wanich and MP Pitha Limcharoenrat – have not received any summon yet.

Officers sent a letter of request to the Parliament president to issue a warrant for both Thanathorn and Pirattachot.

Pakkapong affirmed that there is no persecution in this case. 

Police have accused them of violence under the Public Assembly Act of 2015, gathering without seeking permission, blocking or obstructing people from accessing a train station, obstructing the public from using a public place or causing unreasonable inconvenience to any person, and using an electric amplifier without notifying the police.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379756

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-23
  • Sad 7

9 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Also never forget that here the Police have almost no rights.
It is the army which controls and directs, very badly, this country.
The Police are therefore "under orders" whether they like it or not.

It takes revenge for this situation by stopping a maximum of convoys and mules which transport the amphetamines, source of considerable profits for the power in place.

I beg to differ. If you check you will see that virtually every single Ministry has a Thai policeman as its head even AMLO, the NACC, PACC, Interpol, Justice. You name it and there is a policeman up top even many of the well known charities and the Thai FA are controlled by the Thai police. Not to mention their connections with trafficking and drugs as detailed in the media.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Nip said:

Not to mention their connections with trafficking and drugs as detailed in the media.

When I write that it is the army, therefore the power in place, which controls the traffic in amphetamines and other hard drugs, it is because I know it from various sources including some journalistic, as well Thai as farang , which I will not name on this forum.
Go for a walk in the northern provinces which have borders with Burma and Laos;
go off the main roads and do like me, take a walk on certain red dirt roads; what I did regularly on my mountain bike when I go there ...
you will find that these "some" red roads are in better condition than most tarmac roads.
When you ask questions about it, the mouths remain closed but we get to know ..
We always get to know ..

As for the supposed links of the police with the traffic, these are fakes well maintained by the newspapers to the orders.
My eldest daughter is married to a captain of the river police;
he works sometimes day but especially night on the Mekong and I will not say on what portion to board the boats of traffickers.
I have Thai friends who are police officers in Petchabun province, they always work in pairs, always at night, to intercept the trucks and pickups that transport the drugs.
Bullets very often whistle; a friend of mine was seriously injured from several bullets a few years ago.

Do not tell me that the Thai police are in league with the drug traffickers.
There are certainly rots like in all the police in the world;
but drug trafficking in this country is in the hands of the military.
Army which has had a good school with the Americans during the war against Vietnam;
What if Air America tells you something? ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

This guy is a hero to the Thai people. How many heroes can you think of, in contemporary Thai society? They need one! And I totally support him. He may be the answer. This nation needs to figure out a way of putting the useless and incompetent army out to pasture. For good! The police and the administration will continue to do everything they can to make his life comfortable. He represents a legitimate threat to their franchise, and the people really like him. Not the case with the army, who are losing whatever respect or prestige they once enjoyed, by the day. 

Get out Prayuth. You are not needed, you are not wanted, and you are despised by most people here. You are moving your nation backwards, and making life more difficult for all but the top 5%. 

I agree with you, however it/he and what they stand for will never ever be allowed. The army have their orders!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This guy is a hero to the Thai people. How many heroes can you think of, in contemporary Thai society? They need one! And I totally support him. He may be the answer. This nation needs to figure out a way of putting the useless and incompetent army out to pasture. For good! The police and the administration will continue to do everything they can to make his life comfortable. He represents a legitimate threat to their franchise, and the people really like him. Not the case with the army, who are losing whatever respect or prestige they once enjoyed, by the day. 

Get out Prayuth. You are not needed, you are not wanted, and you are despised by most people here. You are moving your nation backwards, and making life more difficult for all but the top 5%. 

As much as I WISH you were right...you know, what damage tanks and guns can do and you know, the crooks in power will use them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

To adapt Greta Thunberg - "You have stolen my country. How dare you!" Okay, the youth of Thailand - do something about it. If millions upon millions of you take on the military, what will they be able to do? She wants to save the world. Now you save your country.

Bangkok Barry: it seems that you are one of the few here who agree with what I have been saying literally for years: strength lies in numbers. If, however, those numbers are displayed to be paltry - all the strength (in intensified form) will automatically be granted to the dinosaurs and they will be emboldened beyond all reckoning. Unless the Thais realise that their own power lies in their huge numbers - 'you ain't seen nothing yet' (as regards the augmented, triumphant militarist regime) ...

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 2