Frenchman who allegedly locked Thai workers in cage accused of donations scam

webfact

14 minutes ago, DennisE said:

Does anyone at least have the name of the Facebook page for this place? I’m trying to get more information about the place but I cannot find anything else on Facebook. 

It was posted before. google thesoundofanimals. Its near buriram.

http://www.thesoundofanimals.com/

Not sure of that link is allowed.

35 minutes ago, taninthai said:

I have had a look it seems he is running quite a big operation here,looking after dogs and finding homes abroad for them ,there is a lot of followers on several Facebook pages ,quite believable he has been receiving huge amount of donations,,,,I also see he has built himself a nice house on the land since January 2018.

1 of  3.

38 minutes ago, taninthai said:

I have had a look it seems he is running quite a big operation here,looking after dogs and finding homes abroad for them ,there is a lot of followers on several Facebook pages ,quite believable he has been receiving huge amount of donations,,,,I also see he has built himself a nice house on the land since January 2018.

What is the name of the Facebook page? I can’t find it. 

What is the name of the Facebook page? I can’t find it. Anyone know how many dogs as well? I’m only two hours away and I’m hearing that the shelter might be vacant still with several dogs in it who will starve if no one helps. If anyone at least knows the name of the Facebook page please let me know or private message me. I’m seriously considering helping but I need to gather a little more information first. I’m trying to see if I can put a plan together for helping at least in the short term. 

Edited by DennisE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, taninthai said:

19 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

It was posted before. google thesoundofanimals. Its near buriram.

http://www.thesoundofanimals.com/

Not sure of that link is allowed.

Thank you 

• Like 2

Just now, Just Weird said:

It's irrelevant that he may not have claimed to be a vet, what is relevant is that he injected and killed 22 dogs when he was not a vet.  That is illegal, regardless of any good intentions.

Edited just now by Just Weird

So you are a Vet now. Cool.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DennisE said:

Tell that to the writer I agree no one really knows for sure if he’s guilty of anything but I don’t care apparently there are several dogs that might starve to death and I know they are less than 2 hours from where I live. If we all pitch in and do something a bad situation could at least be improved if we try instead of sitting around writing about it online. I use this site for information so I think that’s what I’m going to do and see if anything can be done to help. 

Why should "we all" pitch in?  Please let us know when you've organised something, though.

47 minutes ago, DennisE said:

Does anyone at least have the name of the Facebook page for this place? I’m trying to get more information about the place but I cannot find anything else on Facebook. 

So much for your "plan" if you can't even read the post which identifies the location, exactly!   It's name and location is also clearly mentioned in the OP!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DennisE said:

What is the name of the Facebook page? I can’t find it. Anyone know how many dogs as well? I’m only two hours away and I’m hearing that the shelter might be vacant still with several dogs in it who will starve if no one helps. If anyone at least knows the name of the Facebook page please let me know or private message me. I’m seriously considering helping but I need to gather a little more information first. I’m trying to see if I can put a plan together for helping at least in the short term. 

http://www.thesoundofanimals.com

As posted previously.

14 minutes ago, Dcheech said:
17 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It's irrelevant that he may not have claimed to be a vet, what is relevant is that he injected and killed 22 dogs when he was not a vet.  That is illegal, regardless of any good intentions.

Edited just now by Just Weird

So you are a Vet now. Cool.

Who said I was a vet?  I sure didn't.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Marvelous Thailand. If your first accusation against a farang has no merit, just keep throwing the mud. There is so much stupidity in this. Prosecuted for euthanising dogs with rabies? What should he do? Kick them out on the street to infect others?

If people want to donate and he has been looking after hundreds of dogs with the money, I see no problem.

He was building many buildings on 6 rai of land that he bought so i don't really see him taking care the dogs rather taking care himself . And euthanising dogs without license is killing dogs it's that simple .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redline said:

Thai people don’t want second hand dogs.  The government should be giving assistance to these organizations because they are providing a service the government won’t.

So, if no one wants these dogs, the only sensible and humane solution is to put them down. I just don't get it, a dog that isn't someone's pet is just livestock, or what?..

52 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Agree with this ,we have a few animal charities/ volunteers in our province and they take care dogs as in feed them and getting injured strays or animals in distress to a proper vetinary clinic,,that is what they take donations for to help with vet bills.

from what I see online the guy does genuinely care for animals on the face of it,,,,,,but with any charity when start getting huge donations a lot is lot in admin ,directors costs etc etc,,some would argue it’s fair enough if some donations help his lifestyle if he has chosen to spend his life helping animals,,who is to say that’s right or wrong.

Edited by taninthai
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

What is it that "hasn't stuck"?  Can't be the illegal vet bit as that is on it's way to the prosecutors office.  

If he's committed 2 or 3 more illegal procedures is it not unreasonable to expect more charges? 

Of course you are right. I just wrote that because things happened before and was not reported. Now, suddenly everything comes at the same time. Looks to me that he has made someone reallt angry.

9 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Of course you are right. I just wrote that because things happened before and was not reported. Now, suddenly everything comes at the same time. Looks to me that he has made someone reallt angry.

It is not sudden , started about 5-6 months ago , but only allegations of animal abuse. All the rest came out later once authorities got involved 

• Like 1