Animal rescuers join Soi Dog to create better Pattaya

Rimmer

Animal rescuers join Soi Dog to create better Pattaya

1369-n7-Animal-rescuers-join-Soi-Dog-1.j

PATTAYA:--This December, Falko Duwe, a dog-loving Pattaya expat, together with Dr. Kwanchai Chaiplum, a veterinarian who has been neutering dogs in the area for a number of years, hosted an appreciation party plus a small workshop for local dog rescuers and feeders at August Restaurant.

Staff from Soi Dog Foundation were invited to the doggy forum where they spoke about animal welfare and the progress made in neutering dogs in Pattaya and shared some practical animal handling tips. Other hot topics included rabies and the CNVR process (Catch, Neuter, Vaccinate, Return) which is the most efficient way of controlling the stray dog population and eliminating rabies. The aim was to arm attendees with facts and knowledge so that they as animal ambassadors can spread correct information and “sing the same song” in the community.

Soi Dog has neutered 4,176 dogs in Pattaya since its project began in August 2018. The foundation will continue its support in the city in 2020, funding the neutering and vaccinating of 200 free-roaming dogs a month.

See more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/animal-rescuers-join-soi-dog-to-create-better-pattaya-282285

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-12-29--

• Like 2

I am an animal lover, but also a total realist.

Having 4,000 plus dogs on the loose in any city is madness.

The risk of rabies far outways keeping these dogs alive. India and the Phillipines is rife with the disease. 18 - 20,000 deaths a year mostly children. Up to October of this year 17 (reported) deaths in Thailand. Nowhere near Indias' total but 17 too many for me, and also we all know how good they are at fudging figures in LoS.

The total estimate of stray dogs and cats in Thailand is reported at over 800,000 !! and could climb to 2 million by 2027. The figure of rabies death will climb as well.

Edited by lonewolf99
spelling?
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Is there an operation to remove their vocal chords? I have a number of noisy animals living wild in my up-market estate in my neighbours' properties.

Yes, I believe it used to be common for toy poodle show-dogs.

Soi dogs are the only thing that slows down the disgusting thai drivers in front of my home, as they have no respect for children on bikes ,people walking or speed bumps..

Edited by mok199

Soi Dogs can become very old. What sense does it make to release them again... Nobody who gets bitten will know if this dog had rabies or not. He will need treatment in any case. So in the end what problem fix is this apart from neutering?