Road death toll jumps to 109 in first two days of safe driving campaign

webfact

There seems to be no consequence for breaking the plethora of traffic laws here. The horrendous death rate on Thai roads is masked by the shadow of modern and impressive towers of commerce, which do nothing to improve the backward approach in reducing this carnage. The actors who are responsible for enforcement need only look towards more progressive countries in ASEAN and elsewhere for a solution based on action.

Authorities have been instructed to tighten up traffic controls in high risk areas as the death toll for the first two days of the seven-day dangerous travel period over the New Year holidays increased from 43 to 109 and the number of injured rose by 527 to 993.

What a joke authorities have been instructed to tighten up traffic controls. What does it mean?

To me it I interpret it as meaning stricter, isn’t that the meaning of having road rules you follow them strictly.

The country and it’s management just don’t give a rats and never will on this carnage.

It could be substantially reduced if only yep if only............

• Like 1

9 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Nonsense. It has been said many times, and quoted on this forum, that all fatalities are included in the gross yearly total yet people still peddle the above myth.

Curious to know how the author of the alleged statistics actually found the numbers used if they aren't actually published. Just a guess, I guess.

The thailands hight rate of fatalities to the loved ones may not be considered as nonesene...

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Authorities have been instructed to tighten up traffic controls

Tomorrows  headlines.....................deaths increase even more, comical isnt it  yesterday ordered to do this  that and the  other , today ordered to do it "even more" .........however doing  nothing "even more" doesnt  really do anything does it you  bunch of  clueless circus  clowns

• Like 1

7 hours ago, manhood said:

Nothing will ever change as thais habit doesn't change and nobody care: just blame anything that comes in mind!

its  your fault................ok  done, thanks  I feel  better already............happy new  year........if  u survive

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If dying on the roads by an accident was a disease the large number of deaths would be called a pandemic. The Red Cross and all local hospitals, police, and army would be called up to help curb the disease. But here the disease cannot be cured. There's no antidote to prevent the tragic loss of life. In practical terms what effect do these deaths have on the annual GDP. The PM called for less alcohol consumption but I think it's more to do with bad driving including ignorance of common sense and road safety.

• Like 1

I think you have to get the Thai police of their lazy Butts and begin to stop cars and bikes without front of rear lights. Get the cops out there pulling people over. Increase the fines. Impound the vehicles. Start a large fine or even a repair service. It will all make money for someone. Maybe a small repair shop near a Police checkpoint may me a moneymaker. Just an ide as an ex cop.

• Like 1