Predict Thai law changes for 2020

cyril sneer

Possibility for retirement visa extension to put 1250k baht on bank ,and can only take out as now 400K , as replacement for that  scam insurance policy

I said possibility not forced …. for those already start sending sad emoticon …. it is only a option more , as I assume by next year 1 November the non O  would be on turn for that insurance ….. and it would be an extra option for those in problem for getting insured 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

"He also said officials have been told to enforce the use of safety belts in all cars and the wearing of crash helmets by those on motorcycles." (Pol Lt-Gen Damrongsak Kittiprapat, assistant national police chief and spokesman of the Centre to Prevent and Reduce Road Accidents)

There you are, a mandate is being sort. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

You are like a broken record mate. Very silly post

Very silly indeed. My understanding is the insurance issue will not go any further than currently. If you are on annual extensions to a category 'O'  visa, and you maintain 400k/800k in a bank account in your name, you will not be effected. The intention of the action being taken currently is to eliminate those who cheat the system by using agents to fabricate the existence of funds they do not actually have, hence the setting of a 400k insurance cover requirement.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Very silly indeed. My understanding is the insurance issue will not go any further than currently. If you are on annual extensions to a category 'O'  visa, and you maintain 400k/800k in a bank account in your name, you will not be effected. The intention of the action being taken currently is to eliminate those who cheat the system by using agents to fabricate the existence of funds they do not actually have, hence the setting of a 400k insurance cover requirement.

but this does not exclude the use of agent seems ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

The requirements and conditions for an extension of stay for an OA - retirement Visa and an O - retirement Visa are exactly the same.  Except that the OA - retirement category now needs to meet the health-insurance requirement.

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Another silly post, there are mixed married people here, I guess your a  single retiree on an AO visa that's only ones that seem to want the same for others living here. 

Stupid post. I am married on an O Visa visiting 2-3 times a year (no insurance issues).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jimn said:

You are like a broken record mate. Very silly post

Silly statement.

I said it would be applied to 'retirement extensions' too, and TV'ers like you rubished me.

Expats are swapping over to O Visa to avoid the health insurance, even publically talking about how to do it on TV - what do you think they are going to do?  Nail old single expats but let married expats get away with it? 

In the future travel insurance will be compulsory for all Tourists too - but that is some way off.