Road death toll jumps to 159 in first three days of safe driving campaign - RSOC maintains its concentration on drunk driving

webfact

13 minutes ago, patongphil said:

BIL was topped the other day and was WAY over. Had a bottle of Lao Khao to keep awake for the drive.

Anyway 1,500 baht later was on his way again - still driving. Go figure!!!

Bloke I know (foreigner) got done.

Straight to the monkey house and then up in front of the beak the next day

6,000 baht fine and on his way.

Will it stop him? NO!!

• Like 1

The RSOC and RTP really need to carry out intense investigation of exactly where and what are the root causes of the majority of deaths and injuries on the roads, and then concentrate their efforts On those rather than blanketing the nation with so called checkpoints filled with officers playing with their phones.

That this isn’t done already just leads me to conclude that the Government doesn’t care about the mostly poor victims and the police cannot be diverted from their primary purpose of making money.

Edited by Classic Ray
  • Haha 1

Until the Thai's IMHO seek outside assistance to show them how it's done overseas and the Thai police force are serious about getting off of their rear ends, then the carnage will continue, what I am saying is the Thai mentality is all wrong when it comes to enforcement, again IMO, that or I am missing some point ?

VL5cM9u.gif?1

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ebean001 said:

Young people, motorbikes, drinking. It is that simple. The rest seems to be below normal accidents. many are probably in rural area. not much can be done. the numbers would probably be the same in any country that had a large rural population along with huge motorbike usage and young men/women who seem to drink a lot because...maybe....their frustration with life on the farm. more house parties might help with adults not allowing them to drive home. more police at bar exits. ok if they have been drinking but when they mount a bike...bingo...test them for DUI.

I am trying to be sympathic with the life on the farm for young people. How can they enjoy life and keep from hurting themselves and others. That should be a huge focus. Parents can help but they are also limited in what they can do.

Parents in the villages are part of the problem. Yesterday I saw an ambulance drive past our near the end of the road house and my wife told me it was for a 50-60 year old woman who had drunk too much. Now I admitt to have been very drunk in the past but never needed an ambulance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, patongphil said:

BIL was topped the other day and was WAY over. Had a bottle of Lao Khao to keep awake for the drive.

Anyway 1,500 baht later was on his way again - still driving. Go figure!!!

If only he was "topped"(sic),it’s probably the only solution!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A summary of road accidents on 29th December 2019 recorded 531 accidents, with 47 deaths, and 560 injured. The total number of accidents since the first day of the campaign (27-29 December 2019) is 1,504, with 1,549 injured, and 159 killed.

Another normal day then.. Thais will not change their habits.

• Thanks 1

In Thailand when getting your license you get it for life 

most other countries you need to apply every 5 years and e tested 

Do you think its time that rules change people tested point system lose of licenses point system

caught drink driving license taken away car impounded driver taken to Jail tested blood alcohol fines come on people how hard is it

Stop making life hard just for expats start looking in back yard    

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2